Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final match of the season...Scudetto still a 1% possibility as Spalletti and Totti have been saying....a must win in case Parma pull of the unlikely miracle.

Discuss.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Inter will draw and we will choke, probably with a late goal just to make it more painful. I am 99% certain that's what will happen.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i will try and look at this from an as distant as possible point of view - although i will most likely fail! :pp
tbh the title is inter's in my eyes, however i expect us to fight to the very last moment. this is a must win game. if we win and inter wins, so be it, at least we fought to the end.
any other outcome - no matter what inter does - would be tragic. roma needs to win this!
forza roma - sempre! :strong:

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,178 Posts
It's still along way to go (win + a positive result from the other game), but it ain't over till it's over:drunk:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I know through out the season I have mentioned how some games you win, draw or lose, and sometimes we cant always blame something... however on this final day, that goes out the window... if Inter fail to beat Parma and we choke, it is simply unforgivable. It is almost certain, even still, that the draw to Livorno has cost us this title, that was the game where 3 pts should have been certain.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
If we can't win against Milan and Siena I can't see us winning comfortably against Parma.

I think you have more than 1% chance to win the scudetto.

Good luck on the final day and let the best Inter win :pp

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Il Sindaco Alemanno annuncia:
"Grazie Roma, quante emozioni
Domenica pronti i maxischermi"

Il neo Sindaco, Gianni Alemanno, vuole installare dei maxischermi in occasione dell'ultima giornata di campionato: "Desidero ringraziare a nome dell'intera città, la società, lo staff tecnico e i giocatori che stanno dando a tutti i romani amanti del calcio brividi ed emozioni. Ho già contattato l'amministratore delegato della As Roma, Rosella Sensi, e la Questura per installare dei maxischermi dai quali far seguire, a tutti gli sportivi, la partita con il Catania. Nei prossimi giorni, quindi, valuteremo, in un incontro in Prefettura, dove localizzare gli schermi".

-----------------------------------

According to Rome mayor, they will be huge screens showing the game in the streets.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I think we have at least 10 % chance of a title, after all Inter are in bad form, with much more pressure on them, Parma are a decent team at home this year (they drew with Juve and Milan for example) and they always manage to avoid the relegation somehow. Plus we usually play well against Catania, and just a few days ago outplayed them at their stadium without Juan, Mexes, Tonetto, Pizarro, etc.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
do you think we can rent that "Believe" sign from the ManU fans?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I just cant believe we are going to this final day with a chance of the scudetto... I must say great work from the boys, even if some ways we blew our chances sometimes, we are still there... so they have done well alot of times too... they have kept the pressure on by winning many games recently... the Livorno game just a downer.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
not because I think we'd win, because it'd look way cool at the beginning.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
I know how this feels, 6 years ago I went into the last round thinking not even for a second we had a chance to win. Maybe more pessismistic then you guys because there were week longs campaigns of how Lazio are Inters best friends and players showing constant signs of wanting to gift away the game, from fan pressure etc.

So for you atleast Parma has ALOT to play for, their existence and they dont have fuzzy feelings for Inter. BUT unless there is a magical being called Karel Poborsky sneaking amongst them, I dont see how the WORST defence of the league will keep Inter at bay, regardless of how poor they are right now. I dont think you will win, even if I got nice Gresko vibes from Materazzi today (blocking great shot from Cruz, missing a pk big time etc).

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
My only hope is that Parma was minutes away from beating Inter at San Siro few months ago but we know what happened.

However football doesn't work like this.. each game is different.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Parma has a good attack, awful defence though... Inter really pressured Siena today and Siena are better than Parma for sure, but this is at the Tardini, anythuing can happen, just like in our match at Catania.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
We must win ane believe, IF inter drew and we choked it would be the real disaster, Forza Roma :heart:

1 - 20 of 187 Posts