Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 games left, we must win, but what a difficult game... in Udine, playing a team in 7th, but just 5 pts off 4th and have ambitions of their own. The great stike trio of Pepe, Di Natale and Quagliarella... I am quite pessimistic about our chances here.

The games left for us and Inter

Our list:

Udinese (a)
Livorno (H)
Torino (H)
Sampdoria (a)
Atalanta (H)
Catania (a)

Inter's

Fiorentina (H)
Torino (a)
Cagliari (H)
Milan (a)
Siena (H)
Parma (a)

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Good news is Udinese will be missing Zapata, Felipe and Mesto, at least according to Gazzetta dello sport.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
However its likely we will miss De Rossi and Totti already. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
De Rossi is NOT banned for this one. Totti and Juan could come back in time, so the injury situation is not that bad. I'd say we have a very good chance of a win.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
De Rossi isn't suspended thankfully. I doubt Totti will be available...they'll give him another week and hope he is ready for Livorno.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
If we can get 15 out of the 18 points left, we will celebrate the scudetto by early May.

Needless to say in order to do that we need to grow pair of balls. Technical wise we should beat all the 6 teams left convincingly, however it is our weak mentality that will fail us.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I am sorry but I don't see us winning that game at Sampdoria at all. They are the most dangerous team in Serie A for weeks now.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
well I said it before (not here) in December that if we beat Udinese we will win the scudetto. I still think this is the case. Inter will choke against Parma... I said that too

So this is a must win. Doesnt need to be pretty, just 3 points

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think a relaxed Roma can win every game left on the calendar... this Roma under pressure... not sure.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Ok.. time to cut out the crap we've been seeing the whole season. Time to get real for real, no more BS, no more brain farts, no more schoolgirl attitude, time to fight damn it! If someone told me at the beginning of the season that winning those 6 games against those middle table teams would mean a HUGE chance of seeing us celebrating the 4th scudetto, I would just laugh in disbelief. But no, this is real and this is happening starting from SundaY. I won't accept anything less than sweat and blood. I want 11 wolves roaring and grapping the 3 points by teeth and claws. How hard that can be? C'mon! Make us proud for once damn it!

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
My team:

------------------------ Doni-----------------------

-- Panucci------- Juan---------Mexes---- Tonetto--

--------------- Derossi ------ Pizarro-------------

-- Cicinho------------- Guily------------ Esposito---

---------------------- Vucinic--------------------

Taddei, Mancini and Perrotta should be no where near the starting eleven until they know how to play football again. Cassetti I hope he stays injured until the end of the season, since he came back from injury he gave a new defenetion to the word "Crap".

Esposito must be given a chance, he showed me in the few minutes he played against ManU more than what Mancinic did over the 2 games.

Panucci will be needed for his scoring ability from dead balls, might be essential if Udinese decided to park the team bus in front of the goal.

Any news about Totti?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Totti trained today but without ball, he might make it for Udinese but it´s far from certain.

Would love that team, maybe switch Vuci and Espo

·
Registered
905 Posts
After Esposito publicly said that De Rossi cost us the match at Old Trafford by blasting his penalty over the bar?

I'd leave him out of the squad. Even Il Bimbo D'oro doesn't say stuff like that to the media. You wouldn't even comment like that in the dressing room, let alone to the media.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ciao everyone,

new to this forum - moved to vancouver from italy and want to work on my english...

I agree 100% with Avocato in leaving Espo out for now.. I must admit, I am not anywhere close to being over DeRossi's miss,however it will be curious to see how he plays in upcoming matches..I belive he has the character to become even stronger...

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How did Espo say it though? I mean its pretty obvious that his miss did more or less cost any chance we had... if we blamed him and only him for the defeat, then its different, but if he merely said the obvious in a statement then he didnt do much wrong.

Im acutally quite sure DDR himself knows and as said above by the new poster, he will intend to make up for this.

I beloieve DDR scored the more important penalty against Genoa last week anyway. I mean Man U had Rooney and Ronaldo to come on... I doubt even if we went 0-1, we would have gone through ultimately.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Spalletti said it, Rosella said it, Espoisot said it, Totti said it and Derossi said it. This has as much news value as the ocean being blue and green.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.