Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pretty sure this is the game this weekend. We must concentrate on this game and go for the 3 pts... no time to feel sorry for ourselves. I hope Totti is back, but doubt it. If he is not I would play:

Doni; Cicinho, Mexes, Panucci, Cassetti; De Rossi, Aquilani; Esposito, Perrotta/Pizarro, Giuly; Vucinic

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
A must win game but it wont be easy anyway,Genoa are playing good recently .

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Pizarro is banned and there's not much chance of Totti being back for this one, so this could be a really tough game for us in terms of creativity. Hopefully Aquilani will step up as he's capable of.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Totti should not be rushed at all. He should rest until he is 100% back in full recovery. I hope Roma does the right choice.

Genoa are gonna be tough with Borriello in full force.

We need to watch out because if we tied Cagliari we can easily lose to Genoa.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh Borriello... exatcly the player we could have done with tonight... we nee dmore thn just Totti and Vucinic.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
How is Totti not gonna play vs Genoa...What did he break his leg? What are we saving him for?...He already missed our biggest game of the season vs Man Utd and one more slip up and we are out of the Scudetto race.

We need 3 points.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Francesco Totti will miss Roma’s game against Genoa this weekend and he faces a race to recover for the Manchester United return leg
souce:Channel4.com

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I rather not play Totti, then to see him out there at 50% and limping. Plus, he gets forced to play and causes more damage, then he'll miss the rest of the season and Coppa Italia.

Best to rest him until he is well...even if he misses the match at Old Trafford. We're not going to advance anyways.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Big game, let's forget about everything related to CL. Time to catch some ground on Inter. I will be super-pissed, I don't even know what i'm gonna do if we end up osing points here.

Fight, damn it!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I DIDN'T THINK WE PLAYED THAT BAD AGAINST MAN UTD. I FEEL AFTER THEY SCORED IS WHEN THEY STARTED TO FALL APART. WE ALL KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A LONG SHOT WITHOUT TOTTI SO LETS NOT MAKE IT MORE THAN IT WAS. HOPEFULLY WE BEAT GENOA AND INTER TIE AND WE CAN AT LEAST TRY FOR THE SCUDETTO. PS THE ROMA FANS WERE UNBELIEVEABLE YESTERDAY, SINGING ROMA ROMA ROMA AFTER BEING DOWN 2-0. WOW WE ARE THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!:pp

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Roma, per il Genoa Aquilani in dubbio
Trauma contusivo al collo del piede destro: rischia di partita di sabato (out anche Pizarro squalificato). Vucinic con la febbre, ma ci sarà. Migliora Juan

Totti is definitely out injured. Juan is doing better and training with the team, but I'd assume he'll be rested until Wednesday. Pizarro is suspended and now Aquilani is in doubt with an injury to his right foot. Vucinic is sick with a fever, but is expected to play.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Big game, let's forget about everything related to CL. Time to catch some ground on Inter. I will be super-pissed, I don't even know what i'm gonna do if we end up osing points here.

Fight, damn it!
Even though I personally can't stand you, I completely agree with you. We should forget completely about the Man Utd match and not even have an eye on it really. This match is bigger then the one we are going to have at Old Trafford.

What's with our club having fever...De Rossi seems to get it weekly so does Ferrar, now Vucinic. Don't our medics have decent medicine around ?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow so many injuries/suspensions. Looks like the midfield will be De Rossi-Brighi and Perrotta, but Spalletti could maybe even play De Rossi-Perrotta with Giuly ahead (maybe I would even prefer this)

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Perrotta and Ferrari picked up knocks in practice as well today. They'll probably be ok to start though.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Ferrari is officially out vs Genoa. He hurt his knee and will miss 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Probably better. Ferrari would definitely give a penalty away against Borriello.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am really worried about this game, Genoa is having a great season, and with our current form I'd say we'll have troubles on this one. Borriello is on fire, our defense will have a difficult job to contain him.

We have too many injuries and suspensions, Totti will be sourly missed in this game, he is our only goal scorer and no one can replace him even Vucinic. Giuly need to start this one, with Taddei and Mancini on terrible form, especially when he scored almost the same as Mancini although he didn't even starts half the games as Mancini did. I don't mind starting with Esposito either, we need to stop wasting stupid chances as usual and start scoring, but with our bad finishing and with Totti missing I think we will blow it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.