Juventus - Parma :star: :star: :star: :star:

Livorno - Siena :star: :star:

Milan - Atalanta :star: :star: :star: :star:

Udinese - Fiorentina :star: :star: :star: :star:

Napoli - Palermo (20:30) :star: :star: :star:

·
Registered
17,529 Posts
freaking Roma, Inter predictably tie and they can't make the most of it. I'm just so appalled.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
freaking Roma, Inter predictably tie and they can't make the most of it. I'm just so appalled.
Seconded. Roma should've won this game. On the other hand they were unlucky that Lazio didn't win and reduce the gap to three points, they hit the woodwork a couple times.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
They should count themselves a lot more unlucky for not winnnig their own game, I can't recall the last time I have seen a team miss so many sitters.

·
Registered
17,529 Posts
It's their mentality which is the problem, they don't have that killer instinct required to win a Scudetto. You need to be clinical and have that ever focused mindset to win a championship, you can't lose/draw games which you have to win.

It's a pity for me because Inter losing this Scudetto would cast a big shadow on their previous two, because it'd show they can't win silverware without impediments to their opposition. It's a pity for Roma because honestly, when will they have a golden opportunity like this again? Mancini may well be on the way out this summer after his shenanigans, and you think a Mourinho-led Inter would ever welter like this? Both Milan and Juve will almost certainly be stronger than they are this season, and the former may not be in the CL next season. If ever Roma were to win another Scudetto, it would be now.

And they screw it all up against...Cagliari. As a neutral i'm appalled, i can only imagine what Romanisti are feeling right now.

·
Registered
59,707 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Funny situation really.. both Roma & Inter are back to their typical self; pathetic losers wanna-be champions. Both clubs are trying hard to gift the league to each other. Must be really funny watching this for a total neutral.

The funnier part is, both teams are going to lose even more points. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Imagine if Juve had a slightly more respectable line-up this season.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
It's lot more difficult to have a "killer instinct" against the minnows when you don't have the ref ready to gift a penalty if needed unlike certain other teams in the recent past.

·
Registered
16,144 Posts
Funny situation really.. both Roma & Inter are back to their typical self; pathetic losers wanna-be champions. Both clubs are trying hard to gift the league to each other. Must be really funny watching this for a total neutral.

The funnier part is, both teams are going to lose even more points. :dielaugh:
correct

both sides will probably collapse even further

as far as Inter are concerned

Ibra is basically done for the season now ... his fitness is shocking ATM

Cambiasso's in bad shape ... Stankovic has been injured for about a year

Totti's now injured for a couple of weeks according to C4 which will utterly shaft Roma ... and of course Man Utd will run them ragged ... although many of us are praying for the miracle that would be a Roma win ... to silence the horrific EPL arrogance doing the rounds now

but no, I can't see Roma coping with the CL AND Totti's injury (if there really is one..)

but it's simply a case of who f***s up the most

a sad way to end a championship really

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No doubt when Juve and Milan are back to their best in the mercato Roma and Inter will become second fiddle again. Juve and Milan already have a core of champions in their squad, its just a matter of time before they decide to bring in the 2 or 3 players that are needed.

Roma isnt a bunch of pathetic losers... its a good team, but without 2 things, the mentality and the belief. We play great football, but in the crunch we havent got the nerve... it may take another 1 or 2 years before this can be rectified, but by then it is already probably too late.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If it wasn't for a bad spell of matches a couple of weeks ago we would be right up there to challenge for the Scudetto. 4 points more and I would have bet my house on us winning the Scudetto. Roma don't have the winning mentality (yet) and still have CL on their minds. Inter are desperately waiting for the end of the season with their players out of form, injured and fighting each other and a lame duck as coach. Anyways, if Roma refuse to win the Scudetto I want us to take their 2nd place. It will make the summer much easier.

·
Registered
17,529 Posts
It's hilarious, Milan are so dire atm and yet they still might sneak into the CL because Fiorentina is going to give them their spot on a silver platter.

I hope Udinese beats them both out for 4th spot.

Good news is Fiorentina are going to have to push Inter to the limit because they need the points when they face off. Bad news is, Udinese has something major to play for when they go up against Roma.

A lot may depend on the Juve-Milan game too, we could effectively give or take away the CL spot from them. Here's to hoping it's the latter. :hopeful:

And i forgot Samp, they're level with Milan and they play Fiorentina, Udinese and Roma in a row after week 33. Plus they play us on the last week.

Maybe we could gift them the CL spot if all goes well. :D

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
A lot may depend on the Juve-Milan game too, we could effectively give or take away the CL spot from them. Here's to hoping it's the latter
For once a game in which I will root for Juventus. :D

·
Registered
59,707 Posts

·
Registered
59,707 Posts
correct

both sides will probably collapse even further

as far as Inter are concerned

Ibra is basically done for the season now ... his fitness is shocking ATM

Cambiasso's in bad shape ... Stankovic has been injured for about a year

Totti's now injured for a couple of weeks according to C4 which will utterly shaft Roma ... and of course Man Utd will run them ragged ... although many of us are praying for the miracle that would be a Roma win ... to silence the horrific EPL arrogance doing the rounds now

but no, I can't see Roma coping with the CL AND Totti's injury (if there really is one..)

but it's simply a case of who f***s up the most

a sad way to end a championship really
Are you always that dramatic and whiny ?

The title race in Spain is much more comedic btw.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
There's nothing more pleasant than to watch a "big" team be offered a penalty by the ref in the last minute in order to grab a point against a minnow and...miss it. :D

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Yeah :D

Good thing that Fiorentina and Milan lost, that surely should seal Juve's CL place.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts