Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we should win this, but I fear the guys could be down now after the last minute Derby loss.

In any case, we must stand up again and fight. Inter play Juve in the San Siro, if they do not win, we must capitalise for once.

I would play:

Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Ferrari, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro; Giuly, Aquilani, Mancini; Totti

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it does, if only for confidence, Losing the derby, the best way to bounce back is simply to win.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
I mean even if we win and Inter lose, we cant win the league,we havent the mentality to win alot of games in series and to edge over Inter we need that, i would like to rest the key players in the games before Manchester maybe a surprise happens .

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would agree we have not got the right mental attitude to win the scudetto this year. However, we may aswell keep them sweating and who knows? Inter have been known to give gifts in the past ;)

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Anyway we must keep the faith but i am afraid that the loss of the derby in such a way will have a big negative aspects on the team, i hope Spalletti tries in a game like empoli to change the tactic for once,not beacuse our 4-3-2-1 doesnt work but only to have a plan B, even Lazio had a plan B when they used 3 forwards lastnight.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the 3 of forwards of Lazio is what beat us... mainly because our FBs were going too far forward and Rocchi and Pandev were working the channels perfectly so as soon as Lazio got the ball they played it down the sides of our defence. We should have been more careful and this is the way Man U kind of play so we must not risk too much with out FBs going forward against them.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
We had Problems also against Juve when they played with Iaquinta-Alex and Trez early this season but i think we mainly lost beacuse of Spalletti's tactics + the ref .

btw when is the game , saturday or sunday ??

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Well I would play:

Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Ferrari, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro; Giuly, Aquilani, Mancini; Totti
Mexes and Aquilani are suspended this match.

I say the following (perhaps Ferrari for Juan):

--------------------Doni--------------------

Cicinho-----Panucci------Juan-------Tonetto

----------De Rossi---------Pizarro-----------

---Giuly-----------Perrotta---------Mancini---

--------------------Totti---------------------

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would like Esposito to start this game .
sad to say, but never going to happen. I do thinkthis is an important match even if our chances of winning the scudetto are slim. Keep Inter sweating and sweating till the end.

We need to pick up the points and if we lucky could narrow on inter and then it could get interesting to the end of the season.

Most important here is getting past an average Empoli side, although we have struggled against them many times before.

Mancini has to start and maybe Cici a rest.....

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Roma have a huge advantage over Inter and that is the match Schedule.
Inter still have to play: Milan, Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina while Roma have played all those games.
It is still possible, but Roma have to do something they don't usually do and that is win against the smaller teams.

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
It's hard to get up for this match after so many consecutive "big" ones. The derby loss and last minute winner were crushing, so I just hope the boys patch something together at home. I'm really surprised at Spalletti for starting Cassetti right away vs. Lazio. All of our attacking players were pretty bad. I was also struck by how much the derby "home field" advantage played into Lazio's hands last night. The crowd was tough. Bianchi was a scumbag.
Hopefully, we can overtake Empoli at the Olimpico. Then I'll actually HAVE to root for Juve vs. Inter. I was thinking the other day after seeing Pele's and Ibra's behavior how much Inter resembles the old Juves of the recent past - that anger, petulance, smug sense of entitlement. It made me wonder if I actually hate Inter more than Juve now. :eek:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
We have to win all the games until the end of the season. If you look at the teams we have to play compared to Inter, we can still do it! Inter still has to play Juventus and Milan, who knows if they slip some points also with other teams. They also have to play Lazio and Fiorentina.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
You know whats our problem Roma fans? We never learn from the experiences of the past. Logic can not be applied in talking about Roma. Yes, Inter going to play tough schedule in the remaining weeks. Yes, they are playing like crap and more than likely going to lose more points. Everything indicates that we still have a chance. However, I don't believe in all that as much I trust the fact that our team will find a way or another to f**k it up in the most painful redicilous way.

We simply don't have the mental thing one needs to win.. try to accept this fact and find joy in celebrating minor stuff like winning a big game or kicking out a big team. Winning trophies? nah that's not our thing.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I agree, and that is what I mean when I talk about morale. You guys keep not understading but some of you I see do. Our morale and fighting spirit is at -100. That is why we lose 7-1 to ManU and why when Inter messes up... WE ALSO MESS UP! Instead of getting ahead. Its like we want Inter to win. :rollani:

·
Registered
905 Posts
You know whats our problem Roma fans? We never learn from the experiences of the past. Logic can not be applied in talking about Roma. Yes, Inter going to play tough schedule in the remaining weeks. Yes, they are playing like crap and more than likely going to lose more points. Everything indicates that we still have a chance. However, I don't believe in all that as much I trust the fact that our team will find a way or another to f**k it up in the most painful redicilous way.

We simply don't have the mental thing one needs to win.. try to accept this fact and find joy in celebrating minor stuff like winning a big game or kicking out a big team. Winning trophies? nah that's not our thing.
Exactly spot-on.

The reason why Inter have topped the league the last few seasons is consistency. Roma don't have it. We can play the big matches but then we struggle to grind out a result against lesser opposition.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts