Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge huge game. If we do somehow find a way to win this we can start thinking about scudetto regardless of the game Inter play this weekend v Palermo... just because the belief should start to pour from our veins. However lets not get ahead of ourselves. Milan are a difficult team, even though they exited from the CL, they only went down to a very good Arsenal team in the final 5 minutes of those 180 minutes. I think we are better, but we must prove it on the pitch. Due to player form at the moment, Spalletti has some difficult choices, but we must also take into account our derby with Lazio which is the midweek after.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I´d be surprised and very angry if we don´t win this game. We´re just so much better than Milan right now. I´m not fearing Pato or Kaka, I´m fearing the upcoming derby and that the players are thinking about that game already.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I certainly won't underestimate this Milan side, especially one who's finally been able to get a full week rest and has only the league to concentrate on. I think it will be a very difficult game. Pato is exactly the type of forward we usually struggle against, so the defense must be very careful against him.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
I´d be surprised and very angry if we don´t win this game. We´re just so much better than Milan right now. I´m not fearing Pato or Kaka, I´m fearing the upcoming derby and that the players are thinking about that game already.
Me too, nevertheless the game must be played :notlist:

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I think with the return to form of :star: Culovic :star: vs Empoli, Milan might be able to get something out of this game but for sure Roma start favourites.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
This is a more dangerous match than some realize. Kaka' and Pato seem to be hitting their form and they always get up for the big matches. Plus they are in a dogfight with Fiorentina for 4th place.

I think we'll get a draw. I don't see us beating Milan twice this season. I don't even recall us ever beating Milan twice in the same year!

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think a draw doesnt end our hopes for scudetto altogether, but it almost does. This game could be the game that changes alot in terms of fighting for scudetto. However with the derby only 4 days after it is very difficult to expect much. I am unsure if we will win both of these games.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I watched Milan against Empoli and ohh boy! they were poor! but still managed to score twice in the last 10 minutes of the match.

We cannot go into this game overconfident though. Milan is Milan and they are playing for the 4th place (although I wouldnt mind them and Fiorentina getting the CL places).

I am positive we can get a good result here as long as we play maturely and wont lose focus

Palermo can win against Inter as they will be a bit more tired after the Liverpool match than Palermo and I just hope that Palermo's quality upfront and the back will shine.

·
Scudetto
23,614 Posts
If we play like we did vs Empoli and Roma continue their amazing form, I sincerely fear for the worst.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Well, the Scudetto will be decided next week. If Roma beat Milan and lazio then we have a legitimate shot. But I just don't see it happening...that would mean we beat Milan and lazio both times, in a week, in the same season. We're not that lucky.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im sort of with R10... however we beat Real Madrid twice so the impossible sometimes happens :D I believe this weekend could see a 1-1 draw.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Im sort of with R10... however we beat Real Madrid twice so the impossible sometimes happens :D I believe this weekend could see a 1-1 draw.
Real Madrid, then Napoli....then beat both Milan and lazio? Thats alot of miracles back to back to back to back. I have no doubt we are better than both teams, but Milan get up for big matches and now how to escape the Olimpico with at least a draw...the derby is always a crapshoot no matter which team is better.

I see a 1-1 result this weekend as well. I'm more worried about the derby....and I have no explanation as to why. :pp

·
Registered
905 Posts
This is a more dangerous match than some realize. Kaka' and Pato seem to be hitting their form and they always get up for the big matches. Plus they are in a dogfight with Fiorentina for 4th place.

I think we'll get a draw. I don't see us beating Milan twice this season. I don't even recall us ever beating Milan twice in the same year!
Pato does not have form, even Carlo said that at the moment he is too precocious - he either has an absolute screamer, or he can't get into the game.

It's definately a mouth-watering fixture, and after tapping that rich vein of form we fear no one. I think there are plenty of squads that fear us now!

·
Registered
13,207 Posts
Well, Milan must win to keep pace in the CL race, so I expect them to come out blazing. We have to hope the same dull Kaka, Pato and Pirlo from the Arsenal match show up, but I don't see it happening. Still, I don't think we need a miracle, just some proper play. We are quicker, younger and faster.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What would be your team at this moment guys? Really difficult to say, but this is what I do say:

Doni; Cicinho, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Aquilani; Mancini, Perrotta, Vucinic; Totti

I think Cicinho must play this one (then maybe give Panucci the derby). Cicinho was a costant pain in the arse of Milan in the first game. Aquilani instead of Pizarro for both games, but then rest for the next game after Milan and the derby. I chose Vucinic ahead of Taddei here for more or less the same reason as Cicinho. He is in great form and he was a pain in the arse in the first game. We have some very good options from the bench too. Taddei, Giuly, Pizarro etc. Very nice.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
What would be your team at this moment guys? Really difficult to say, but this is what I do say:

Doni; Cicinho, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Aquilani; Mancini, Perrotta, Vucinic; Totti

I think Cicinho must play this one (then maybe give Panucci the derby). Cicinho was a costant pain in the arse of Milan in the first game. Aquilani instead of Pizarro for both games, but then rest for the next game after Milan and the derby. I chose Vucinic ahead of Taddei here for more or less the same reason as Cicinho. He is in great form and he was a pain in the arse in the first game. We have some very good options from the bench too. Taddei, Giuly, Pizarro etc. Very nice.

I agree with all but Vucinic over Taddei. I just like Taddei playing against the big teams as he is Mr. Clutch. I also think playing both Mancini and Vucinic is a bit too offensive. Taddei brings a better balance. I'd also like to have Mirko ready on the bench if we need a spark...he is better off the bench than Mancini. Also, Pizarro and Giuly aren't 100% so I don't want to count on them to come in and change the game if needed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Given that Milan now only have the league (or 4th place) to play for Roma should be a little cautious going into the game. One eye on the CL maybe? Or the derby next week? We'll see, it's certainly a game Roma should be looking to win but these little distractions (that Milan don't have I might add) could be a cause for concern.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I hope Inter loses this weekend.
Inter losing this weekend at home to Palermo is very unlikely. But even if they did, Roma would have to beat your beloved Milan for it to mean anything.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts