Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very tricky game as Napoli is coming off their big win with Inter and we are on an ultimate high after conquering the Bernabeu and eliminating Real Madrid from the Champions League.

We need to get our feet back on the ground and take it game by game. The last match with Napoli was a defensive fiasco as we drew 4-4. I expect us to play better than we did that day.

A win is vital to keep the pressure on Inter and we have Milan next. Can't afford anything less than a win if we are to keep the Scudetto race alive.

Forza Roma!

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,224 Posts
A very tricky game as Napoli is coming off their big win with Inter and we are on an ultimate high after conquering the Bernabeu and eliminating Real Madrid from the Champions League.

We need to get our feet back on the ground and take it game by game.
The last match with Napoli was a defensive fiasco as we drew 4-4. I expect us to play better than we did that day.

A win is vital to keep the pressure on Inter and we have Milan next. Can't afford anything less than a win if we are to keep the Scudetto race alive.

Forza Roma!
You wrote the key segment down perfectly:thmbup:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
it is good that we have an almost full squad. We will need to start some rotation but it seems that everyone's form is on the up so that should not be an issue.

I'll be happy with a 1-0 win here.

I dont think Napoli can pull the rabbit out of the hat twice in a row

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is good that we have an almost full squad. We will need to start some rotation but it seems that everyone's form is on the up so that should not be an issue.

I'll be happy with a 1-0 win here.

I dont think Napoli can pull the rabbit out of the hat twice in a row
I think Giuly, Panucci, and Pizarro may start for Perrotta, Cicinho, and Aquilani to rest them before the Milan match.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
It's March 6 and all our championships are alive. This is where it gets thrilling. Great stuff by Roma.
My feet are planted firmly on the ground, but head is in the clouds.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
napoli's coach said that they blew the title race wide open last week, but they are gonna close it this week.....so its napoli who need to keeep their feet on the ground not us......

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 27 - 9/3/08 (14.00 UK)
Napoli - Roma

Stadio San Paolo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Derby del Sole between Napoli and Roma brightens up an otherwise dull fixture list.

In a cruel twist of fate the Giallorossi’s title race could end at the hands of the team who so wonderfully re-started it last Sunday with a 1-0 defeat of champions Inter.

That victory against the Nerazzurri, which cut short the Beneamata’s run of 31 matches and 11 months unbeaten in Serie A, has raised the spirits of the Azzurri who have suffered in the New Year. Napoli did what Roma haven’t done all season at the weekend – beat Inter.

For the first time in this campaign Coach Edy Reja had a full squad available. The fitness levels of his players have remarkably increased. The rather portly Ezequiel Lavezzi was constantly running and harassing the Nerazzurri back-line along with the dynamic Slovakian midfield enforcer Marek Hamsik.

The Neapolitans bossed Roberto Mancini’s team and should have scored more. Marcelo Zalayeta’s penalty miss was the Azzurri’s third wasted spot-kick in their last three games at home.

Nevertheless, Napoli have taken six points from six at the San Paolo against the top teams and will fancy their chances of claiming another scalp when Roma travel to Campania this Sunday.

A lack of injuries and an absence of suspensions mean the Partenopei will be at full strength ahead of the 137th Derby del Sole. Earlier in the season both teams treated supporters to a fine spectacle laying on a thrilling 4-4 draw at the Olimpico.

That result hurt La Magica. But Luciano Spalletti will be heartened to know that I Lupi have a strong track record along the Bay of Naples – Roma haven’t lost away to the Partenopei in Serie A for over 10 years. Nicola Caccia netted the winner on that day in May 1997 and Napoli top scorer Marcelo Zalayeta will be looking to emulate that feat come Sunday.

Roma are in good shape at the moment. Their performance against Parma was arguably the Giallorossi’s best of 2007-08 and marked the return to form of Francesco Totti. But, like Inter, La Magica could be both worn out and distracted by Europe when they return from Madrid which could allow the Partenopei to nick another famous victory in the space of a week.

Keep an eye on: Marcelo Zalayeta (Napoli) – The big Uruguayan forward is a battering ram with good feet. Held in high esteem by both Fabio Capello and Marcello Lippi, he will be real a handful for Roma’s back four.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Napoli (L L W L W) Roma (W L W D W)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napoli (probable): Gianello; Santacroce, Cannavaro, Contini; Mannini, Blasi, Gargano, Hamsik, Savini; Zalayeta, Lavezzi

Roma (probable): Doni; Cicinho, Ferrari, Panucci, Tonetto; Brighi, Aquilani; Taddei, Giuly, Mancini; Totti

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
905 Posts
Spalletti said we need to focus on this match, its time to knuckle down and get down to business.

Nothing like a derby to bring out more grinta!

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
They took Inter down, and that should be enough of a warning. I think the most difficult aspect of this game will be mental preparation of the player after the game vs. Real, and Spelletti needs to to it perfectly.

Maybe play Vucinic from the start since he's in clouds at the moment (good ones).

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I would bring Vucinic on at 55 or 60 again. It seems to be a perfect move.

My team for this game would be:

Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro; Giuly, Aquilani, Mancini; Totti

Rest some players who gave their all like Perrotta and Taddei because we have ready made replacements anyway. Give Panucci a game too. He and Cicinho can alternate and Cicinho can come on if we need a goal for sure.

This is a really tough game. A qin would be extremely great and keep us in the title race for a little longer.

·
Registered
825 Posts
NAPOLI 0 ROMA 2 TOTTI MANCINI

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Inter had the softest penalty in history now against Reggina , very bad call by the ref .

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
this is going to be Il Capitano's 500th match in the Roma jersey!
Congratulations!
Congrats to him :shades:

....after Inter's suffered win over Reggina, I would be surprised if you lot managed to keep up with them. Nevertheless, best of luck both for the CL as well as for Serie A :)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
It's so irritating Napoli has not sold TV rights to their home games. :mad: This is gonna be a gritty match, would have loved to see it. Forza Roma, Vuci & co.! :thumbsup:

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,224 Posts
It's so irritating Napoli has not sold TV rights to their home games. :mad: This is gonna be a gritty match, would have loved to see it. Forza Roma, Vuci & co.! :thumbsup:
Now I get it,that's why I can't find any streams on the net:rollani:

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
yes i really hoped that they fix this, because i want to see napoli home games but none are shown.
i am stuck watching lazio- livorno :googly:
1-0 for roma btw :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts