Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory is still important. You never know, Inter could lose :pp Also that we need to get clear from Juventus.

Doni; Cicinho, Ferrari, Juan, Antunes; Brighi, Aquilani; Taddei, Giuly, Mancini; Vucinic.

Bench: J. Sergio, Panucci?, Tonetto, Pizarro, Esposito, Perrotta, Totti.

Complete rest for De Rossi. Perrotta, Totti, Pizarro on bench if needed. A back-up team in many ways, but one I also believe can win this game. I hope Spalletti doesnt go out with a full team as it is not needed now.

·
Registered
905 Posts
They were 3-0 up against Palermo before they blew it. We would be ignorant to think we could get an easy three points here.

Anything more than a draw would be a bonus.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way Inter play at Napoli... again it is not definite they can win there. Hope is still on the horizon even though I do believe we should not play our best team. 9 pts is probably too far. A win is still important for 2nd, but we must rest some key players for the big CL game.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Anything more than a draw would be a bonus.
Parma hasn't won away all season and (with all due respect to them) are the biggest chokers in the league, so even if we play many of the reserves, we should expect a win. Plus we have great record against them in recent years.

It won't be easy though, they are quite a good team.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I predict 2-0. Giuly and Aquilani.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
total rotation for this game.......

------------------- doni -------------------
cicinho ---- ferrari ---- panucci ---- antunes
----------- aquilani ------ brighi -----------
guily ---------- perrotta ----------- mancini
---------------- vucinic -------------------

at least rest totti and de rossi who have been playing every game for the last month and a half

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I'm glad to be playing a Roma side when you have an eye on Madrid, but I still favour you to win the game.

Remember it's on Saturday at 5pm GMT.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Players called up for this match
ANTUNES Gabriel
AQUILANI Alberto
BERTAGNOLI Julio Sergio
BRIGHI Matteo
CICINHO
DE ROSSI Daniele
ESPOSITO Mauro
FERRARI Matteo
GIULY Ludovic
JUAN
MARANGON Alexander
MANCINI Alessandro
PANUCCI Christian
PERROTTA Simone
PIZARRO David
TADDEI Rodrigo
TONETTO Max
TOTTI Francesco
VUCINIC Mirko
ZOTTI Carlo

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont mind De Rossi and Totti called as I would take them for the bench if needed... however i get the feeling Spalletti will play our best possible line-up... maybe as a way of getting them ready for Madrid. However I surely wouldnt risk 3 or 4 of our stars. I still say the team should be:

Doni; Cicinho, Ferrari, Juan, Antunes; Brighi, Aquilani; Taddei, Giuly, Mancini; Vucinic.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,179 Posts
I would play Aquilani to prepare him for the Real game, he still looks a little rusty and then sub him in the 2nd half.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Who cares about this parma game win or lose doesn't matter. Let's worry about CL. IMO:crybaby:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 26 - 1/3/08 (17.00 UK)
Roma - Parma

Stadio Olimpico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma welcome Parma to the Stadio Olimpico in Week 26 hoping to regain some confidence ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid. That after the Giallorossi came within minutes of re-opening the title race on Wednesday when they conceded late on in a 1-1 draw at Inter.

If only Roma had been able to keep their 1-0 lead at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza then they could have been able to rewrite the future of this Serie A campaign. However, a late Javier Zanetti equaliser cut the Lupi’s ambitions short and may have handed the Nerazzurri their third consecutive Scudetto. With 13 games to go the Capitolini are still nine points behind the leaders, who are facing Napoli this weekend.

Meanwhile, Parma are fighting to get out of the relegation zone which means they will be desperate for points when they travel to the Eternal City. The Gialloblu are in 14th place with 25 points. They managed to beat Udinese 2-0 on Wednesday which has helped Coach Domenico Di Carlo keep hold of his job. In last year’s clash at the Olimpico the Emiliani were battered 3-0 and they will be looking to avoid such an ending this time around.

Roma boss Luciano Spalletti may opt for a reshuffle in his 4-2-3-1 formation. The Champions League tie is such a crucial part of the Giallorossi season that Spalletti will have to rest some players on Saturday evening.

The first on the list is Francesco Totti, who scored a fantastic goal against Inter, but is not 100 per cent fit and is expected to be handed a breather. Christian Panucci and David Pizarro may be left out as well, while Philippe Mexes is suspended. Marco Cassetti picked up a serious injury to his shoulder and will be out for at least three weeks.

Brazilian full-back Cicinho will get a chance from the first minute, while Matteo Ferrari and Juan will be the central defenders. Alberto Aquilani will take his place in midfield, while Ludovic Giuly could be preferred to Rodrigo Taddei. Up-front Mirko Vucinic will likely replace Totti.

Parma will be without Domenico Morfeo, who is injured. However, Di Carlo should be able to count on Andrea Gasbarroni. The Coach could line up a defensive 4-4-1-1 formation in the hope of hitting his opponents on the break. Cristiano Lucarelli should be the lone striker with Bernardo Corradi and Igor Budan sitting on the bench.

Keep an eye on: Mirko Vucinic (Roma) – It is never easy to replace captain Totti, but the Montenegrin has shown he can do a brilliant job as a lone striker.

Last season: Roma 3-0 Parma

Form guide: Roma (W L D W L) Parma (L D D L L)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma (probable): Doni; Cicinho, Ferrari, Juan, Tonetto; De Rossi, Aquilani; Giuly, Perrotta, Mancini; Vucinic

Parma (probable): Bucci; Coly, Falcone, M Rossi, P Castellini; Dessena, Morrone, Cigarini, Pisanu; Gasbarroni; Lucarelli

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Parma hasn't won away all season and (with all due respect to them) are the biggest chokers in the league, so even if we play many of the reserves, we should expect a win. Plus we have great record against them in recent years.
All 3 points sum up perfectly the seemingly certain outcome of this match... Parma just refuse to turn up when Roma are playing, it's like an unwritten rule.

·
Registered
160 Posts
We should care about winning this game to maintain our confidence. Any reserve players will be trying to impress the manager anyway so we should win it.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You can watch this game now on ESPN 360:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Goal Roma! Alberto Aquilani once again showing his class. Took the ball from the midfield drove forward and ended up scoring from the cross that Bucci punched out.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Nice attack! (Tonetto deserves criticism, but this 2 assists for your two last goals, even if this one Bucchi screwed up), and Aquilani scores! :shades: :star:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts