Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game is played on Wednesday evening and should be a great occasion.

If we win it will be back to 6 and Inter in a mini-crisis so lets hope to try and get 3 pts. A draw would keep it at 9 and just about hand Inter the scudetto for sure. A win would make it 12 and no chance.

The team we shall play?

Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Ferrari, Tonetto; De Rossi, Aquilani; Giuly, Perrotta, Mancini; Totti

Bench: J. Sergio, Cassetti, Antunes, Brighi, Pizarro, Taddei, Vucinic

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Giallorosso_01 said:
I would start Vucinic again. Maybe ahead of Perrotta?
would be great if Totti played in Perrotta's role not Vucinic but i think it is not suitable in such a game because we need Perrotta's defensive role.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Can't see you guys winning though in all fairness Inter ain't playing well.
Best of luck :thmbup:

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
totti_the_king said:
would be great if Totti played in Perrotta's role not Vucinic but i think it is not suitable in such a game because we need Perrotta's defensive role.
Perrotta's defensive role hasn't helped all season. Vucinic should be able to pressure enough in that spot. Or if not, then move Giuly into the middle and play Vucinic out wide.

·
Registered
905 Posts
But Vucinic isn't a creator, he is a finisher. I love the guy, but he doesn't have the natural flair to make something out of nothing.

·
Banned
2,713 Posts
My formation for this one.

doni
panucci mexes ferrari tonetto
de rossi aquilani
taddei ludo amantino
totti

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,179 Posts
I like the formation, but would maybe change Cassetti with Panucci and move him in the CB instead of Ferrari and also start Vuci before Totti.

Totti lately isn't him self, the question is just what's better for him, to give him a rest and maybe play him in the 2nd half or to give him as much playing time as possible?
We need him to reach his top form really quick:hopeful:

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Cassetti should definitely play, he's in much better form than either Panucci or Tonetto.

Totti should play too, sure he's not at his best, but he's slowly regaining form and needs more games before Real, plus he can decide a match with one moment of briliance and it's not like we have many other options in attack.

Aquilani should play since he loves San Siro and we need his defensive abilities.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldnt play Vucinic in Perrotta's role because the last time this happened we lost 7-1 :D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This is it guys. Your squad has a lot of personality, and you're in much better form than they are. If Roma don't win this match the referee is to blame. Seriously.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Panucci and Cassetti must both play, their height will be much needed against Inter set pieces.

I would rest Perrotta and do a trial of Derossi-Aquilani-Pizarro midfield. Pizarro with pure CM rule that has less defensive responsibilities and more concentrated on playmaking and keeping the ball possession either on front of the DMs or deeper; something similar to what Pirlo does in Milan. We need to train on keeping the ball possession as much as possible before Madrid game.

In front you all know my prefrence in playing Vucinic in front of Totti but since that won't happen, I would play Mancini-Taddei on the wings and Totti in the center. In the 2nd half I'd try Guily and Vucinic.

My team:

----------------Doni--------------
-Panucci--Mexes--Ferrari--Cassetti-

--------Aquilani---Derossi---------
--------------Pizarro--------------

---- Taddei----Totti----Mancini----

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Our scoring off corners and crosses has been atrocious. I mean, we've had so many corners lately and never convert them. It's bad. And I cannot remember the last meaningful cross into the box. :skull:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i wud like to see somthin like this . but i no this wont happen

------------------Doni----------------
pannuci-----Mexes-----Ferrari------Casseti

-----------Aquilani------Derossi------------
------Taddei---------------Mancini--------

-----------Totti--------Vucinic-------

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts