Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough match against ateam who has won 2 away games in a row at Siena and Sampdoria before meeting us. GIlardino has replaced Adriano pretty well and is their danger man along with Morfeo and Marchionni. Their defence can be good but has some bad matches also, lets hope this is one!!!

For us, we need 3 valuable points in the hope Milan may draw or lose int h Olimpico against Lazio :rolleyes: Both matches should be great and will go a bit of the way to deciding who ends up with the scudetto

I predict a tough time but a 2-1 win... I am quite nervous for this match :stress:

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
With Zebina out, Who will replace him at Right-back ? Panucci ?

I predict a one all draw. Frey has been great recently.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i have a bad feeling about this game...parma lost adriano and nakata and junior but still (remember losing to them 3-0 away last season)

we neeeeeed CHIVU and DACOURT to be fit for this match cuz parma will be a tough nut to crack at home...and hope peter pan and totti continue with their magic and montella make his come back..with zebina suspended its better to play with a three man defence...
i predict the following formation

pelizzoli
panucci samuel chivu
mancini lima
emerson dacourt
totti
cassano montella (??)

i predict a hard fought 2-1 for roma

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Parma-Roma

Don't expect the tridente because Capello has lost faith in Carew (rightfully so) and Montella is simply not physically fit to start. With Zebina's bonehead red card and De Rossi's good performances against Ancona and Siena, as well as with the U21, this is what I expect:

(3-5-2)

----------------------------Pelizzoli----------------------------

--------Panucci-------------Samuel-----------------Chivu-------

Mancini--------De Rossi--------Emerson--------Dacourt------Lima

----------------Totti-----------------------Cassano-------------

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
It will be tough game...but if Prandelli can motivate the players enough for it we might just nick a win or a draw. Roma are red hot at the moment so I think they will get a win...:depress:

Plus with UEFA this week it really is going to be a tough match for both teams.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
A fantastic cross from the left side after chipping the ball 2 or 3 times on his own to Samuel in first half, and a brilliant one in 2nd half to Antonio who scored his first goal of the season, a header past Frey in the long corner. :)

Anyone remembers De Rossi's pallonetto against Vardar Skopje in Olimpico?!
Great goal

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
This is an important match. I ain't fearing going into Parma and taking the 3 points either. I'm feeling kinda good about this match. It would be nice if Lazio could score a win or draw against Milan, too. Their rather open style of play could cause problems for Milan at the Olimpico, so let's see what happens. It sucks not being in the driver's seat and having to depend on others.
Romanista10's starting lineup looks logical to me, that is to say it looks like something Capello would consider. DeRossi's reemergence comes at a great time, and I think we're all hoping for great things from him.
:star:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Re: Parma-Roma

Romanista10 said:
(3-5-2)

----------------------------Pelizzoli----------------------------

--------Panucci-------------Samuel-----------------Chivu-------

Mancini--------De Rossi--------Emerson--------Dacourt------Lima

----------------Totti-----------------------Cassano-------------
The 5 man midfield is too clustered, players dont have the room to pass or do anything with the ball, they get in eachothers way, thanks, but no thanks. On top of that, Panucci is a hell of a dodgy defender in the centre, i dont have a problem with the guy on the right or even left where he seems decent but he makes some un-mercyful blunders in the middle.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
dont know about the formation but i think we will get 3 points from the match....though being away from home seems to produce a goal shy Roma lately.....this should NOT be a close game...although Parma is a good team ....but anything can happen as we found out in Brescia...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Although I think Roma will win...I doubt it will be by a big margin maybe a 1 nil or 2-1. I dont think more then a 1 goal lead unless we have a terrible day. We have only lost 3 matches by our opponents scoring more then two goals then us. That was against Roma in Rome...Juve in Turin and Lazio at the Tardini.

Other then that our defense is very solid. Another stat is this season when we have scored first we have gone on to win the game...so no Inter monkey business for us. :howler:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Even when we play at Ennio Tardini?

I dream about 17.June at least 10 times a day, but specifically only when we play Parma at Olimpico. :)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
If Roma lose at the Tardini and Milan beat Lazio, will Roma be out of the Scudetto race?

8 point gap...will be the lead they have over you and possibily Juve.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We will need a lot of concentration now on this match and desperately need to win! Our form is somewhat not so great depsite 2 hammering wins in our favour but we know what we can do, we just want to see it!!!!

FORZA ROMA!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts