Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is now a gigantic battle with the venue being the Stadio Olimpico :D Juventus have also not been at their best recently, but I expect both of the teams to rise to this occasions, whoever loses this may well be nearly out of the title race unless Milan manages to slip up a few times in the next weeks!!!!

Our big match form hasnt been so great, neither has our recent form, but I think its time we picked up again, and no better place to start than against Juventus!!!!

For Juve, well as ever Nedved will be the danger man, we may have to let Emerson sit back more to mark him!!! Nedved goes everywhere though and it will not be so easy to mark such a player... Then with Del Piero and Trezeguet upfront, you can always be sure of the goal threat!!!! The good thing is thier defence is a bit lacklustre and hopefully we can pick on that, and our attack can finally put things right!!!

As for us, I'd be shocked if Capello doesnt change something now... by that I mean Lima :D sur ehe is not only to blame but he is crap!!! ALso Cassano needs to get his game going again. This is really the match he needs to put it right....

Still, I expect the same team as v Brescia but maybe with Zebina and Dacourt ack... hopefully Candela too but doubtful!!!

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I'd be shocked if Capello does change something(apart from the returns of those who were injured or suspended like Zebina and Dacourt), we all know how stubborn he is. Lima will definitely start, that's inevitable unfortunately.:(

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Demandred said:
I'd be shocked if Capello does change something(apart from the returns of those who were injured or suspended like Zebina and Dacourt), we all know how stubborn he is. Lima will definitely start, that's inevitable unfortunately.:(
exactly what I was going to say.

I don't fear Capello's line up though, there're the same players who've done well in the first half of the season, as much as I fear his tactics and substitutions.

if we don't open our play by organizing and balancing our flow and attack more against Juve, then we'll suffer just like we did against Milan.

Forza Roma

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
When asked by a journalist to comment on Roma's current poor form and the big venue ahead, Capello inflicted his face this mysterious grin only to state that Roma would put up a great game against Juve...

The psychological war has already begun! :D

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
It's matches like this that reaffirm why we are fans. The buildup is gonna be great. With these two clubs, current form means little, as both detest each other so much, the anger comes out on the field in the form scintillating action. :dazed:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Yeah a draw would suit Milan well, wouldn't it... ;)

Really hard not to think and worry about this important game regarding our miserable performances.
I'd prefer to fall into Coma and wake up again on Sunday around 7 at night.
The media will go crazy towards the end of the week!
I'm expecting nice trashtalk between Moggi and Sensi, while Capello and Lippi will compliment eachother about their great teams and skills.
The journalists will write about the dissalowed Turone goal more than 20 years ago, everything business as usual!:D

il lunedi, che umiliazione
andare in fabbrica e servire il tuo padrone...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
And here we go:
-----------------------------------------------

02/02/2004. Juventus striker David Trezeguet is convinced that his team has left the bad times behind and the victory against Chievo is keeping the players spirits high.
"We have recovered," he said. "We have had our share of bad games but I think that the best medicine is a couple of good results and that is what we have done".

"The game with Roma will be the real test," he added. "We are ready for the fight and we want to remind everybody that we are the defending champions".

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
At least the fact that we are in 'crisis' has been confirmed. I too doubt Cap will make any significant changes for the game, especially looking at the monumental size of the game, he won't want to take any risks and face backlash from fans/media, ridiculous but its whats gonna happen. Wolfie, the reason we did so well in the first half of the season was because players like Cassano and Mancini were on top of their game, with Totti, Dacourt and a superb backline, it turned games despite weak tactics. Im hoping but honestly, i think Lippi will take Cap apart tactically, we are so easy to exploit and if Cap thinks Lippi isnt going to expolit our blatant weakness's then hes stupid.

My lineup:

----------------Pelizzoli

-------Zebina--Chivu--Samuel

-Tommasi---Emerson--Dacourt---De Rossi

--------------------Totti

-------------Carew-------D'Agostino

FORZA ROMA:strong:

·
Registered
8 Posts
FORZA ROMA!

I hope, that Roma will win. It will be very momentous match.

When we'll lose, chances for Scudetto will by poorly. But victory will be great.

Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano shold show their potential, Emerson shold show, that he is very good footballer and other players should show, that they are players of AS ROMA!!!

FORZA ROMA!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My lineup

------------------ Pelizzoli -------------------
-
------ Zebina -------- Chivu ------- Samuel
-
Emerson - Mancini - Dacourt - De Rossi
-
------------------- Totti ------------------------
-
---------- Cassano - Carrew ----------------

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Thats kinda messed up.
Pellizoli
Zebina Samuel Chivu
Amantino De Rossi Dacourt Emerson
Totti
Carew Cassano

Dont you guys think that according to past records of big matches, this will, unfortunately, a tie?
I dont see us waking up all of a sudden, I hope I am wrong.
Juve has had some problems but if you see their last game they are playing very well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Roma must win.....otherwise can kiss the Scudetto goodbye......
but the sad thing is the same happen to Juve....so.....let's see until the game is finish

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres my rather different lineup to most:

Pelizzoli
Zebina Samuel Chivu Panucci
Emerson Dacourt
Cassano Totti D'Agostino
Carew

if you want to be more cautios take out D'ago and play Tommasi to make a 3 man midfield but there it is a 4-2-3-1 somehwat the way Italy play but with better DM's :tongue: In this team though D'Go and Cassano would need to help back slightly more!!!

My team has no chance of happening so oh well :)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Already suggesting lineups at the beginning of the week?
Even when Capello gave the boys off till afternoon today and there hasn't been training yesterday.

We don't know who might get injured this week, a scenario that's haunting us like every week.
Just because 99,9999999999 Romanisti hate Lima. he'll play no matter how "crappy" he is.
We know that and just because we dream of a game where he'll not gonna mess something up, it doesn't mean it is gonna happen and Capello leaves him on the bench.
Especially not against Juve.

Someone has to take on Zambrotta and as we don't know yet, where Lippi will use him, Capello has to consider Lima.
None of you can tell me that De Rossi or D'Agostino have the defensive skills and routine to take it up with him.

We have to wait till at least friday afternoon to come up with a formation, that's realistically and not our "wishlist".
I pray Dacourt and Emerson will be in AMAZING shape for the game and give Nedved "HELL" throughout the game.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
il_principe said:
Someone has to take on Zambrotta and as we don't know yet, where Lippi will use him, Capello has to consider Lima.
None of you can tell me that De Rossi or D'Agostino have the defensive skills and routine to take it up with him.
Lima's got the defensive abilities of a rabbit, how is he going to stop one of the best wingers in the world? De Rossi is a superb defensive midfielder, he's both footed, hes a Romanista, with heart, who wants to beat Juve more than anything. Most importantly, if De Rossi played we could actually use BOTH flanks so Juve couln't anhilate our midfield like every other big side has. Plus, De Rossi's attacking abilities would not give Zambo free roam down the wing, he'd have to defend as well, also Cassano/D'Agostino wuld not be forced to play on that side because of Limas inability to attack.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
De Rossi didn't convince me against milan.
D'Agostino had good games though.
Unfortunatly the fact that Daniele is Romanista with heart and soul doesn't guarantee him a place in the starting lineup, but it's not enough to love the club.
His defensive skills are IMO not equally good to his offensive ones, and he his moody.Some great games, some average and some bad ones.Especially after Capello somehow decided not to let him start on a regular base anymore.

For Lima speaks he is consistent, sadly enough only in playing below average games...
I believe he could stop Zambrottas range on the wing, but he HAS to work on passing(as if it could improve at the age of 32?!?!) and get hold of his nerves, at least in this game.

It's painfull to see him screw up so many things. :(

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Good stuff here, especially the parts about needing to stop Juve's wings & Nedved. That'll be the key. Del Piero and Appiah don't worry me so much. Trez's height does.
We really, really NEED some good play from Mancini and the other Brasilian "winger" if we are to succeed. Camoranesi scored Juve's winner vs. Chievo last week and he and Zambro really help move Juve's attack, though Nedved is their true advance man. Can we limit their attack? The key is giving them no space. Nedved cannot be allowed to roam the field with the ball. He and others must be met as soon as they see the ball, or altogether denied the ball.
Once again, our mentality really takes center stage. How does this fragile Roma rise above its recent self-doubts and inner struggles? We have home field advantage. In recent years past, we've managed to meet Juve w/ a strong showing. Can Capello, Totti & co. manage to get Roma into the right head for victory? It's an enormous challenge, but I don't doubt them. I know they can do it.
BURN LEGROT.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts