Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is a match where we will really be looking to proove something!!! This is now almost a win at all costs game before we enter the big Roma v Juve clash!!! If mIlan win in the week we fall behind them, so this will put even more pressure onus in this match!!!

Even though lately we have been rubbishing the performances slightly, I think this is a match where onyl result matters, whether we win 1-0 or 5-0. whether we play badly or well, all that matters is the 3 points... Brescia are not easy and thats why I care more about the result.

Brescia themselves have now loss 2 in a row, they had a very good run but came unstuck against Milan and now Chievo. Baggio didnt play this week so maybe he wont play against us, and taking away Baggio from Brescia is taking a way 75% of their creation.

I am confident in this match really, I hope we remain 3 upfront and I hope Lima doesnt play, we may also need Chivu back!!! I fancy us to win 2-0 away to this team, our away record has been solid and I feel either Totti or Cassano will give an electric performance!!!

Week 2 we won 5-0 against what was then an un-organized Brescia side, this will be a lot touhger!!!!

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Deano said:
Even though lately we have been rubbishing the performances slightly, I think this is a match where onyl result matters, whether we win 1-0 or 5-0. whether we play badly or well, all that matters is the 3 points... Brescia are not easy and thats why I care more about the result.
I really disagree with you on this. After the loss to Milan, I felt this way for the Perugia game and it was the right mentality. Go to Perugia and get a win at all costs on the road at a place you where you haven't won in decades...no matter how you win, just win. Roma did this with a scarpy hard fought 1-0 win at Perugia.

BUT, for this match I believe Roma must win and play well. I don't want a 1-0 win where we're suffering. I would like to see a comfortable 2-0 win where Roma is in complete control of the match and the result was never in doubt. Is that too much to ask? I'm not asking for a repeat of the 5-0 win. Just play well and win the game. Of course, this may be more difficult than we Romanisti think, because Dacourt is suspended for the match and now Carew and Zebina are in doubt. Hopefully, Chivu will return, as well as Pelizzoli. I am worried about this match because a draw would be DISASTEROUS! If Delvecchio and Panucci start this match, we may be in some serious trouble. Lets pray Zebina and Carew are fit.

Also, there are now doubts in the minds of the Roma players...Capello has even mentioned this last night. And now Milan are likely to take the top spot from us. The media feel we are pretenders and so do Milan and Juve. We must up the ante and play better. We cannot go into the Juve match with any doubts. Hopefully, the draw Sunday woke up players up....ATTENTION CASSANO & EMERSON.....Vacation doesn't start til May 17.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
WTF!!!

Emerson was one of few player that play good for roma yesterday

are you sure you were watching the same game I was?
WHOA THERE...RELAX. Yes I watched all 98 minutes of the match and Emerson was good, not great. When I call for Cassano and Emerson to wake up, its because they aren't playing to thier abilities and haven't been for a while now. If anyone thinks Emerson is playing his best right now, they're crazy. Emerson hasn't been in his best form at all this season. And in the games with Milan, Sampdoria (1st half), and Udinese, Roma were outplayed in midfield. Dacourt is holding his end....Emerson needs to step it up.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I agree you, emerson and cassano have been on poor form

BUT against Udinese he showed the real emerson we know
hopefully he will carry on like this

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
>> Dacourt is holding his end....Emerson needs to step it up.>>

I disagree. I think you're holding Emerson to a higher standard than Dacourt, which many Romanisti do. Dacourt got yellowed again last match and will be out vs. Brescia, no? When the central midfield fails, it's the fault of both.
Emerson does more for Roma in the midfield than Dacourt. He offers more, including a scoring threat. He has experienced contract neg's problems with Roma all year so consequentially probably had a few off matches. Dacourt, an EPL reject, had a few good matches.
But longetivity is the key and I'd rather have Emerson leading my central midfield than Dacourt any day. I really don't view Dacourt as anything but a solid bulldog player with less than average passing skills. He captures balls, but Emerson does that and so much more. Dacourt is very limited. Emerson is more versatile.
Which brings me to this: perhaps we don't have such a loaded central midfield afterall. If Dacourt is the best we've got, better than Tommasi and DeRossi, than we are hurting. We shouldn't have arrogantly blown off Davids.
Fire back fellas.....:star:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davids would not be good for us, I feel the midfield is nicely blanced, if anything, the wingbacks and Cassano are giving the ball away more.

Dacourt though, was very poor v Udinese, did you really see the game? he gav te ball away so much and in the final third he made easy mistakes, Emerson made up for him so much yesterday!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
an EPL reject
????

he was class in the premiership until that prat venebles put him in the reserves

he was a starter under o'leary and was one of the best in england in his position

mancini was hardly played in serieb
does this mean he is a serieb reject?

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
I know without a doubt that Emerson is a great player and much better than Dacourt.....but not this season. Dacourt is probably in the best form of his career and this is the worst Emerson I have seen in his 4 years at Roma. Dacourt has absolutely no offensive skills whatsoever, but Emerson is no offensive threat in my opinion. He takes too long deciding what to do with the ball, but he is a good passer. Yes, Emerson has a powerful shot, but its hardly ever accurate. He wastes alot of easy chances as well. I am not making this a Dacourt-Emerson issue....what I am saying is that Dacourt is doing all he can and has been all year long....Emerson has not. I don't want to hear excuses in regards to contract issues cause he if that is the case...shouldn't you play better to impress other clubs who want to buy you? I want Emerson to remain at Roma for years to come, but I want Il Puma...not the guy I've seen this year. Its time for him to step up and be what we know he is. And that goes for Cassano even more so....if there is anyone on the team I am angry with...its Antonio. He is invisible right now. Without a big effort from Cassano, Totti is all alone out there and that means...bye bye Scudetto.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
i belive its only a matter of time before cassano is back

14 assist and 4 goals in half a season

im sure this only a blip and he will be making goals in no time

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
i belive its only a matter of time before cassano is back

14 assist and 4 goals in half a season

im sure this only a blip and he will be making goals in no time
Where did u get that 14 assist number? The last I saw Cassano has 4 goals and 6 assists. I believe the 6 assists means 6 Cassano passes that led directly to goals. Does the 14 number include when a Cassano pass starts the play that leads to the goal?

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I'm so not agreeing with Emerson being better than Dacourt. Emerson is still living on his reputation as a brilliant midfielder, and I don't think many of you are sincere when it comes to this Il Puma guy we somehow manage to worship. Of course he is a worldclass midfielder, but Dacourt is outplaying him week after week, and you are still blinded by this reputation. I'm disgusted with that. Dacourt deserves all honour and credit for being an extremely important girder for the Roma-side we have got to know this year. Emerson hasn't been anywhere near Dacourts level, and is IMO filling out Dacourt, not the opposite. Dacourt owns Roma's midfield!

FORZA DACOURT, SAMUEL AND TOTTIIIIIIII!:fero:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
BTW, that yellow that Dacourt got against udinese was totally undeserved. At least now he doesn't risk being suspended for the Juve game, but we'll miss him a lot against Brescia IMO.

So far this season Dacourt has been consistantly great(with the exception of the first few games), much better than Emerson overall IMO. Emerson had a few great games, but a lot more sub par performances, especially with comparison with the last year, when he was a real monster and our most vital player. I don't agree that Dacourt has no offensive skills, he has made quite a few nice passes and assists this year. Of course his major strenght is in recovering the ball, but he's useful in attacking too.

I hope that the reports that Emerson had a great game against Udinese are right, we need him at his best for the second part of the season. Imagine both Dacourt and Emerson playing at their best at the same time, they would steamroll through any opposition.:star:
Emerson would be a key figure against brescia too, with Dacourt's absence he needs to step up and take the responsibility in the centre of the field. It would be nice to get a good performance by his partner too no matter whether it's Tomassi or De Rossi(that should be a difficult choise by Cap).

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Those of you that claim that Dacourt has no offensive abilities are 100% idiots. He is remarkably good one-on-one! Absolutely fantastic! The best player Roma could ever buy for that ammount of money! I'm stunned. Congrats Baldini, Sensi and Capello, you have made a true scoop! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Saw the tape vs Udinese and I can't believe you guys are saying Dacourt had a good match! What did he do? Run like Lima?
Dacourt good one on one? He doesn't even dribble. He recovers balls only to give them away. Does he have more than two assists this year, counting his one vs. Milan last week? When he was inserted vs. Milan in the first match of Coppa, he totally let his man drive a 90th min. thru ball for the 2-1 goal. He let Rui Costa run thru the middle of stadium for the 2-1 Serie A loss. You say he was injured, I say if you're hurt, let the coach know and get off the field.
His yellow the other day was somewhat unfair but he regularly is carded. The man can play good marking defense and hustles. He does little else. He's no gem. He's a dime a dozen.
p.s. FrancescoTotti, you support your posts with examples and not stupid namecalling. Show me the plays in which Dacourt breezes by opponents with the ball and distributes gladfully.
Puma scored vs. Lazio any care to remember that? Quite a nice goal, I might add. He's had his worst year as a Romanista and it's still better than most. Roma has shied away from even guaranteeing his salary and contract all season, despite his good intentions. Emerson goes forward, passes better, plays more effective defense, positions better, shoots better, he's just a world class defensive midfielder.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
FrancescoTotti said:
Those of you that claim that Dacourt has no offensive abilities are 100% idiots. He is remarkably good one-on-one! Absolutely fantastic!
Without a doubt, that was the craziest thing I have heard since I joined Xtratime. He never hits the target on shots and everytime he tries to make an offensive move, the ball is taken from him or he loses his balance!! The commentators for the Roma-Udinese match even pointed that out!! And why are you calling some people (me in particular) an idiot??

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Romanista10 said:
Without a doubt, that was the craziest thing I have heard since I joined Xtratime.
I'm honoured!

There are different ways of being good offensively. Some people score a lot of goals from their midfield position, others like Dacourt win the ball AND THEN ATTACKS THE OPPONENT WITH GREAT SPEED, not neccessarily a lot of fancy moves. Dacourt is extremely good at bringing the ball fast up the pitch without passing it. If that's not offensive qualities, than frankly, I cannot say what is. And as far as I can recall, I have never pointed Dacourt out as one of the best Romans Sunday, which he obviously wasn't.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I recall that Dacourt had another assist for Montella's goal against Ancona IIRC. Anyway, he's contributed a lot to the offence IMO this year, made many nice passes and offensive runs. Of course he doesn't have Emerson's technical skill and passing but he's still very useful. And I definitely don't agree that he's giving the ball away easily, at least in most games i've seen this year this wasn't the case. He may have had a poor game against Udinese, but he's had a great season so far.

And he can dribble relatively well too. I think he was a great buy by Baldini.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dacourt v Udinese was definitely less than average!!! He gave the ball away so many times in so many good positions

but his year has been good for us and we cant take that away from him!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts