Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was Morimoto's goal disallowed against Napoli at the end of the half there?

Some more great officiating this week. Clear handball by Juve defender in the area against Siena and back to Napoli match, Napoli should have had a penalty for handball. Defender threw himself in front of Hamsik

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Massive win for Genoa yesterday, Great performance by Jankovic...this may have certainly earned him a starting spot over either Gasborroni or Sculli
Standout Players: Jankovic, Biava, Mesto

Inter, as usual self, managed to get a point against a determined Cagliari side...where, Aquafresca decided to do some BIG favor for his owners....
Standout Players: Zanetti, Cossu

A fine hat-rick from Pandev gave Lazio a 3-2 win over Reggina in a very entertaining encounter...i didn't catch the first half though...
Standout Players: Pandez, Zarate

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great win for Lecce. Fiorentina got caught out there twice by defending too high a line.

Two good assists from Zarate for Pandev.

Best goal Del Piero's freekick.

Most entertaining match looked to be Palermo and Atalanta.

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
Why was Morimoto's goal disallowed against Napoli at the end of the half there?
The referee blew his whistle for the end of the half, then the ball past the line, so it didn't count in his eyes. Too bad.

Aside from that I was pleased that Bresciano finally managed to score for his club.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The referee blew his whistle for the end of the half, then the ball past the line, so it didn't count in his eyes. Too bad.
That's bullshit that is. Whistling on a player who is through on goal. Morimoto was cheated. So much bad officiating in Italy. Would have thought that you would have had a Morimoto avatar up by now Jeff. He's doing good things in Italy. Top Jap player now.

·
Registered
24,042 Posts
That's bullshit that is. Whistling on a player who is through on goal. Morimoto was cheated. So much bad officiating in Italy. Would have thought that you would have had a Morimoto avatar up by now Jeff. He's doing good things in Italy. Top Jap player now.
By the rules the referee should blow the whistle at the exact point of time on his clock. (including overtime of course) The ONLY exception is if he have called for a penalty. A penalty is always to be taken.

Now if he blows the whistly just a moment before the ball goes over the line then I would suspect something fishy. But if he on the other hand blows it when a player is alone with the keeper then there is not much to say. Claudio Lopez experienced this in a UCL game a couple of years ago.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
"by the rules", jesus christ what a load of crap.

99/100 refs dont blow for half/full time in the middle of an attack. You always allow the attack to be carried out, thats an unwritten rule that pretty much everyone follows.

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
I knew he had burst on to the scene some time ago - a few seasons ago, I guess? - but I had the impression things had quietened for him since then. This was the first thing I've heard for a while. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention.

As for a Morimoto avatar - I don't have so many opportunities to see Italian football. More chances to see an Endo avatar.

·
Administrator
53,206 Posts
He has had massive injury issues, after he had little breakthrough back then. Been hampered by them. Not to mention its hard enough to be quite young and getting minutes for a Serie A team.

But I think he is a talent Catania believes in, when fit, he will get his chance, as he has, and taken it, scoring twice against Roma...I was about to say extra impressive, usually is, but this season they are leaking goals for fun it seems.

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Might you have those goals lying around somewhere? :D

It will be a challenge for Morimoto, being so young. A new culture to acclimatise to. Homesickness is a problem some of his countrymen have faced in the past, such as Sota Hirayama, formerly of Heracles Almelo, a Dutch club.

·
Administrator
53,206 Posts
His doppietta:

[tub]L545lrv1vm0[/tub]

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
There's some nice football on display there - for example, the touch and finish from Vucinic, even though it was all for nought in the end, which is a shame as I quite like Roma - but something I've always liked about Italian football is the atmosphere around the grounds. The shade.

Anyway, cheers and congratulations Morimoto. Please remain uninjured!!

·
Registered
24,042 Posts
"by the rules", jesus christ what a load of crap.

99/100 refs dont blow for half/full time in the middle of an attack. You always allow the attack to be carried out, thats an unwritten rule that pretty much everyone follows.
Nonsense. If we talk "in the middle of an attack" then they blow the whistle all the time. What they generally do is see out corners, crosses and taken shots. Even in good positions around the penalty area they blow for the half all the time. Now when it comes to situations were a player is alone with a keeper, then that is something that happens so seldom that there is hard to compile anything about.

You can't really blame a ref for following the actual rules. Blame the rules then, not the ref

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Beckhams move to Italy was good for one reason. The English media get to actually see that Serie A is not the boring old game they think it used to be. Roma v Milan was a spectacle better than most 'big' EPL games this season and there is still a lot of class in this league. Milan could become a great team with a trio like Ronaldinho, Kaka and Pato... maybe they are a little weak with Seedorf and Beckham supporting Pirlo in the midfield. There defence is also too old. These are things I am sure Milan will sort out and next season they should be a force, as long as for once they make the right transfers at the defensive areas of their team.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts