·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 18 - 9/1/04 (15.00)
Inter-Sampdoria

San Siro

----------------------------------------------------------------

These two teams may have stuttered along the way, but they are currently tied in fourth place and the San Siro provides the setting for a Champions’ League showdown.

Inter strung together two consecutive victories for the first time this season, even if they had to battle hard in order to see off Livorno midweek. Adriano missed a penalty, his second on the trot, and there are question marks over his current form. However, it’s unlikely the Brazilian will be rested, so he’ll partner Christian Vieri once again. Ivan Cordoba returns from suspension to bolster the back line, though Marco Materazzi should step in for the injured Sinisa Mihajlovic.

Sampdoria may have struggled at the start of the campaign, but the surprise 2-0 win over Udinese was their third consecutive victory, picking up 13 points from their last five games. Fabio Bazzani is again set for the sidelines ahead of his imminent transfer to Lazio, so Francesco Flachi forges a new pairing with Fausto Rossini. Cristiano Doni won’t be able to play until next month due to a calf strain, but Under-21 international Biagio Palombo is ready to take over.

Above all, this will be an emotional moment for Roberto Mancini, who was a symbol of Sampdoria as their captain for many years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo; J Zanetti, Cordoba, Materazzi, Favalli; Ze Maria, C Zanetti, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Vieri, Adriano

Sampdoria (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano; Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto; Flachi, Rossini

Ref: Bertini
=========================================================
I will be on a plane during this match so I guess I'll miss it. I like their formation except shouldn't VDM start over Ze Maria? Maybe Martins over Vieri?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
3-0

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with you. I'm just thinking maybe Coco is a little more injured than we thought and needs more time?

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
VDM is suspended unfortunately, so we will have to make do with what we have. I'd prefer a midfield of Emre-Cambiasso-CZ-Stankovic.

Lets make it 3rd in a row!

FORZA INTER!

·
Registered
46,435 Posts
3-0!...4-1!... :wth:
I'm not saying that these scores are impossible but perhaps you have not read the table of serie A that well...
Maybe I'm wrong but I read Inter 27, Sampdoria 27... :confused:

1-0 or 2-1 probable, 2-0 ok, 3-1 why not...

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I'm not saying that these scores are impossible but perhaps you have not read the table of serie A that well...

Of course my prediction is biased, what did u expect?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
ToniSamp said:

No offence meant Toni but despite our inconsitency this season, we are far better than Doria.

·
Registered
46,435 Posts
Behrat said:
Of course my prediction is biased, what did u expect?
:googly:

Interista said:
No offence meant Toni but despite our inconsitency this season, we are far better than Doria.
The inconsistency is not an accident. The inconsistency in 1 game is an accident, the overall inconsistency after 17 games is a fault. I know that in a player vs player fight we are much worse, yet, football is a game for teams and as a team till now (with all our problems) we have not been so worse than Inter. We even have the same points after 17 games, a miracle which would not be cancelled by a defeat tomorrow. Inter have the best attack in the world in my opinion, that makes them a potential goals-machine, but not automatically win (in fact you have 12 draws).

·
Registered
60,551 Posts
ToniSamp said:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the posts here, Toni.

Guys, Sampdoria are a very good side and if we do manage to beat them it won't be done easily.

Btw why is Bazzani out of the game and why are you having this avatar, Toni ?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Guys, Sampdoria are a very good side and if we do manage to beat them it won't be done easily.
I think it's called Belief in Inter and anyway both us and Doria have had good results in the last couple.

We should be able to over power them.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Problem is that we have too many gloryHunter fans that still believe in the eastern bunny and think that Moratti is the football version of Santa Clause.

Inter should win this game, because Mancini seems to have gotten what I was saying that we needed to risk less, and with our superior players a hard fought win is the only acceptable result.By no means should Inter take Sampdoria Lightly but with the right approach from a tactical point, our roster should give us the edge.

Adriano should have one of those great games since I bet he is pissed at his latest performance, I hope mancini only sends 4 or 5 guys in attack, that should give Adriano plenty of space to work.

I think a 2-0 hard fought ugly victory (at least for gloryhunter fans) should be a nice result. Mancio is improving and let´s us hope he keeps being realistic.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
ToniSamp said:

I agree completely ... Sampdoria must be respected. They are a team which battles hard and can cause many problems. I see this being a very very tough game. To predict 3-0 or 4-1 is just too much and in my opinion shows a lack of respect to our opponent.

With regards to the game, I think it is going to be difficult and I just hope we don't fall back on our old ways (drawing).

My line-up:

--------------toldo
zanetti---cordoba--materazzi--favalli
---------zanetti--cambiasso
emre------------------------stankovic
----------adriano--martins

Although Vieri will probably start. I also read that Mancini is considering Ze Maria or Karagounis on the right. If I had to choose one I would choose Ze Maria, Karagounis hasn't played in so long and I think he should be worked into playing more often as an early sub for us and then hopefully starting games.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
LOL Hector, you seem to have a crush for "ugly football". It seems not even results matter to you, the thing is, play ugly and then you are satisfied.

Seriously man, playing ugly isn't the way to win. You can play ugly and lose, and you can play beautiful and win. So don't be obssessed with that.

This midfield you're gonna use tomorrow sucks.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Roberto I guess your msn pro Mancio attacks on me, where more Pro offensive brazilian type of game attacks. :D I do enjoy beautiful offensive game, but one needs to be realistic and know that our midfield isnt good enough neither are our defenders. And for me winning is the number 1 thing, so I rather win ugly than drawing nice or even losing with a beautiful game.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
BERTINI TO REFEREE INTER V SAMPDORIA
Friday, 07 January 2005 11:44:37
MILAN - Paolo Bertini (Arezzo section) will referee Sunday afternoon's Serie A TIM Week 18 match at home to Sampdoria. Bertini has already taken charge of two Nerazzurri league matches so far this season (Inter 1-1 Palermo and Roma 3-3 Inter).

===============

C.ZANETTI: "NOW FOR SAMPDORIA"
Friday, 07 January 2005 07:28:01
LIVORNO - In a post-match interview with Inter Channel, Cristiano Zanetti analysed the team's performance against Livorno . "We had a few problems scoring an opener, but it went well. It's an important victory," said the midfielder. "Three points were fundamental and we got them, and it wasn't an easy place to play. We had more chances than our opponents and both penalties were legitimate.

"Now we can start thinking about Sunday, it's important to beat Samp at the Meazza. We must think about ourselves without looking at the table too much. We won another match in Livorno and we're still unbeaten. Let's continue on this path."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
VAN DER MEYDE SUSPENDED FOR SAMP CLASH
Friday, 07 January 2005 20:43:17
MILAN - The Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission has disqualified Andy van der Meyde for one league match after the Dutch midfielder (already on a caution) was yellow-carded in the first half of Inter's 2-0 victory away to Livorno . van der Meyde will therefore miss Sunday afternoon's Serie A TIM match at home to Sampdoria.

==========

APPIANO: CRUZ RULED OUT OF SAMP MATCH
Saturday, 08 January 2005 14:09:46
APPIANO GENTILE - Saturday's training session at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre has concluded. The entire squad did aerobic work and tactical exercises, then those who didn't play against Livorno on Thursday continued with rapidity exercises.

Julio Cruz is ruled out of tomorrow's match at home to Sampdoria due to a muscle strain. Sinisia Mihajlovic, who suffered an injury in the first half of the Livorno victory, will also miss the clash against his former club, as will Edgar Davids (groin injury), Juan Sebastian Veron, Carlos Gamarra, Cristian Kily González and the suspended Andy van der Meyde.

inter.it

1 - 20 of 230 Posts