Lecce - Roma :star: :star: :star:

Napoli - Cagliari :star: :star:

Reggina - Atalanta :star:

Sampdoria - Catania :star: :star:

Torino - Milan :star: :star: :star: :star:

·
Mauro Camoranesi
21 Posts
how come lecce (15th place in the table) vs roma (17th) is more interesting than napoli (4th place) vs cagliari (12th place) or catania (7th) vs Sampdoria (14th)? :pp

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because Roma will not finish 17th and ask yourself which match you would prefer to watch if you absolutely had to choose. Anyway there is no half a star otherwise Lecce - Roma could have been 2.5

·
Mauro Camoranesi
21 Posts
Because Roma will not finish 17th and ask yourself which match you would prefer to watch if you absolutely had to choose. Anyway there is no half a star otherwise Lecce - Roma could have been 2.5
but are you sure that roma will finish higher than napoli or that catania vs sampdoria isnt a straight battle for UEFA Cup? and i would prefer to watch napoli game though it might be a matter of taste :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roma may not finish higher than Napoli, but all things considered, Roma are still the 4th biggest team in Serie A and Roma are the away team to Lecce which makes the match much harder where as Napoli in their home ground should blow away Cagliari. Thats why I put mostly 2 stars for big team hosting Relegation candidate and 3 stars or more for big team away to relegation candidate (and I still consider Cagliari hardly an attractive team on paper). As for Samp v Catania, I dont think this will be a straight battle for UEFA, in other words, i dont think one will finish 7th and the other 8th.

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Roma may not finish higher than Napoli, but all things considered, Roma are still the 4th biggest team in Serie A and Roma are the away team to Lecce which makes the match much harder where as Napoli in their home ground should blow away Cagliari. Thats why I put mostly 2 stars for big team hosting Relegation candidate and 3 stars or more for big team away to relegation candidate (and I still consider Cagliari hardly an attractive team on paper). As for Samp v Catania, I dont think this will be a straight battle for UEFA, in other words, i dont think one will finish 7th and the other 8th.
How are Roma the 4th biggest team in SerieA? Honest question. I know last season Napoli had the 3rd best attendance behind Inter and Milan, and I think 4th or 5th most viewed. I also think we have more fans world wide.

I agree though, the Roma game may have more significance because Roma is in trouble, as are Lecce. Our game will also be very competitive though.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Incredible game in Florence tonight, so many chances! I doubt Inter - Juventus will have a quarter of the amount of chances. Udinese and Fiorentina really need to work on their defences if they want to be contenders, though. Udinese really should have scored more and that's true also for Fiorentina despite them scoring four.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Incredible game in Florence tonight, so many chances! I doubt Inter - Juventus will have a quarter of the amount of chances. Udinese and Fiorentina really need to work on their defences if they want to be contenders, though. Udinese really should have scored more and that's true also for Fiorentina despite them scoring four.
yeah fun game to watch for a netural

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Just as expected Inter - Juventus was not nearly as exciting...too many bloody DMs plus the ghost of Nedved.

·
Administrator
52,996 Posts
Yeah Viola-Udinese was a great game. Udinese schooled them so hard in the first half (only 1 goal, but they owned them real hard, really good going forward), I thought the outcome was a given for the second too, but man did they got mauled instead, Viola were pretty productive in the second. Good thing I randomly saw the game was on, wouldnt have known otherwise.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
lazio vs genoa

milito score for genoa after 70 minutes. he wasted a penalty in the 2nd too.
genoa are doing well in this game. :)

btw, where is genoa`s thread?

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
80`minutes, Dabo scores for lazio.
1-1

a silly mistake by Robinho who has saved some chances during the game.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
did you guys see milito's goal? UNBELIEVABLE!! how he took it with the deflection to pick the bottom right corner. he's so clinical in the box it's disgusting.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
How many penalties seriously does Genoa get?!

anyway, Cagliari equalize in the 94th min vs Napoli :D

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Mauro Zarate!..what a player...neither assists, nor goals in the last 2 games, but still, what a performance!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts