Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hopefully our pitch will be better than an ice rink.

I expect nothing but 3 points from this match, Atalanta has recently lost Pazzini to La Viola so that is there threat cut in half. We know these guys are one of our bogey teams, but the win in Sicily needs to be built on.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RACALBUTO TO REF INTER V ATALANTA
Monday, 31 January 2005 11:55:40

MILAN - Wednesday's Serie A TIM Week 22 match between Inter and Atalanta at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium will be refereed by Salvatore Racalbuto (Gallarate section).

Racalbuto hasn't refereed an Inter match since the 2-1 defeat at Chievo on 15 Ferbuary 2003. In total, he has taken charge of 14 Inter matches (6 Nerazzurri wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats).

Looks like it is either a win or a defeat with this guy in charge and well with Atalanta only managing one win this season, it looks like the 3 points are as good as ours :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
That game in 15 February was an outrage! :mad: Racabulto gave Chievo 2 penalties (I can't remember if it was dubious) but the epitome was when he sent off Okan for dissent. Okan later gave an interview when he said he couldn't possibly say anything bad to Racabulto because his command of Italian was still very poor.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
We need to win this match if we are ever to reach Bilan.

FORZA INTER!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
C.ZANETTI DISQUALIFIED FOR ATALANTA VISIT
Tuesday, 01 February 2005 11:18:27
MILAN - Cristiano Zanetti is disqualified for Wednesday's match at home to Atalanta after picking up a yellow card in Sunday's win in Palermo . Marco Materazzi is a on a caution for the Serie A Week 22 match, as are Atalanta players Budan, Migliaccio, Mingazzini and Sala.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
INTER V ATALANTA: 21 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Tuesday, 01 February 2005 14:54:38
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has named a 21-man squad for Wednesday evening's Serie A TIM Week 22 match at home to Atalanta :

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 15 Fabian Carini, 87 Giacomo Bindi

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 13 Zé Maria , 16 Giuseppe Favalli, 23 Marco Materazzi, 77 Francesco Coco

Midfielders: 5 Emre Belozoglu, 7 Andy van der Meyde, 8 Edgar Davids, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 18 Cristian Kily González, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 25 Dejan Stankovic

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 30 Obafemi Martins, 32 Christian Vieri

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
MANCINI: "WE MUST CONTINUE WINNING"
Tuesday, 01 February 2005 15:06:08
APPIANO GENTILE - "We mustn't think about the table; we must continue winning and hope we'll get as many points as possible from our remaining seventeen matches," said Inter coach Roberto Mancini in today's press conference at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre.

Ahead of tomorrow evening's Serie A Week 22 match at home to Atalanta , Mancini also spoke about Inter's positive moment, Vieri's run of form, possible tactical solutions, including the three-pronged attack and the Bergamo Nerazzurri "who have always had a great academy which has continued to churn out great players".

Coming up on Inter.it, the complete text version of Roberto Mancini's news conference.

=============

MANCINI: "THE SAME INTER AS IN PALERMO"
Tuesday, 01 February 2005 16:57:54
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (1):

Alvaro Recoba hasn't been called up...
"He trained today but he's still not that well."

To do well tomorrow you'd just have to field the same team as the one which won in Palermo ...
"This won't be possible because C.Zanetti is disqualified. But we obviously have to try and play in the same way and with the same intensity."

Could we see Kily González from the start?
"I won't play Kily González from the start. He still needs more minutes in his legs. Having Kily on from the start would mean a certain substitution during the match."

How did you manage to get Christian Vieri back into such great form?
"When a player knows what he has to do, he might always have a difficult moment, but then he will always be the same person as before when he's calm. Vieri has never forgotten how to score goals, now he's scoring and he's working hard for the team, which he has always done. I still think he can improve a lot, but the merit is his and of his teammates and the tranquillity with which he's working. Did he understand it when I left him on the bench? Absolutely. Have we changed his physical preparation? Sometimes it's important to try something different so you find new motivations. He's fine now."

Is there a fixed regular in the Inter attack?
"I hope Adriano's back as soon as possible. He'll have to score a few to win back his place in the team... (Mancini smiles). Jokes aside, having all your strikers in form is a nice advantage given all the matches we have to play. It's not easy to leave Cruz out, for example. For me, Julio is a good and important player."

==============

MANCINI: "LET'S NOT LOOK AT THE TABLE"
Tuesday, 01 February 2005 17:14:29
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (2):

Today Carlo Ancelotti said it would be easier for Inter to reach Milan than Milan to catch Juventus...
"I hope he's right... But Milan still have seven points more than us, and that's quite a lot. We mustn't think about the table; we must continue winning and hope we'll get as many points as possible from our remaining seventeen matches."

Are we more likely to see Juan Sebastian Veron in central midfield because of C.Zanetti's suspension?
"It could be a solution with the entrance of a winger. In Palermo Veron started off on the right wing, but he has always played in the middle. He prefers playing in the middle, but when a player is a champion like Veron he can adapt to any game situation without any problems."

Francesco Totti has complained about the over-violent play against strikers. What do you think?
"It's normal. It has always been like this for great champions. The rules have been changed to protect strikers more and encourage good play. But it's obvious that defenders behave differently against a great player. Did this also happen to me? These things have always happened, just like the arguments with referees. It happens. It happened fifty years ago and it still happens."

At the moment are you tempted to look for something new in terms of your organisation of play, or are you looking to consolidate what has been built so far?
"We want to continue making progress."

Atalanta have always given great attention to their youth academy...
"Many teams and many coaches have started focusing more on youngsters, and the increase in costs in football is one of the reasons. Atalanta have always had a great academy which has continued to churn out great players. It's good for them to continue doing this."

=================

MANCINI: "WE NEED HEATED PITCHES"
Tuesday, 01 February 2005 17:31:40
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (3):

We have read that Alberto Fontana wasn't too happy about not playing against Atalanta in Bergamo...
"I was told about this, but it's not true. Fontana hasn't been called up today because he had a back problem. If he recovers and the doctor manages to sort things out, he will probably be available for tomorrow. It's understandable that he wasn't happy about not playing in Bergamo, but everything else is untrue. Carini played in Bergamo because we needed to have a look at him for the future. I feel it is right to try him out in several matches. And Carini played well against Atalanta . But being a first-team regular is a different matter."

Is getting Edgar Davids back into top form one of your objectives?
"This is one of my duties, but not just with Davids. I have do this with all those who have played less, or who have given less than they could have. We have four tough months ahead of us now, and it's important to have all our players in good form and in excellent psychological condition. Davids is fine, just like the others. It's me that makes the decisions, and the fact that he hasn't played much hasn't helped him perform to everyone's expectations. He has played less and he hasn't been able to give what he could give. But these are choices, and things can change. He is an important player and I hope he can express himself to his best ability."

In their last few matches Inter have conceded fewer goals than Juventus and Milan...
"The team has always worked well. But sometimes it has been a bit careless and has let in a few goals too many."

But Inter seems to have more room for improvement that Juventus and Milan...
"Yes, but we also have fewer points in the table. It is our hope, and also Milan's hope, that Juventus drop a few points. It doesn't seem likely, but we're hoping so."

Would it have been better to play tomorrow's midweek round in the afternoon?
"It will definitely be cold. But you can handle the cold when you're playing. The important thing is to force clubs from central and north Italy to have heated pitches so they don't freeze over. Otherwise the players could have problems or get hurt."

Could we see three strikers on the pitch tomorrow?
"I would like to play three strikers all the time, but without the team losing balance. But we have had problems every time we have used it. But you never know; you need time to work."

inter.it

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Winter night games off-side
AP

A rare Serie A midweek round, with all matches kicking off at night, has sparked protests by the players' association, which says icy fields put players at risk of injury and spoil the quality of play.

Association president Sergio Campana said players were ready to stage strikes if night matches are scheduled next season between December and February, the coldest time of the year.

However, Campana said no action could be immediately taken because of existing television contracts and travel arrangements for teams and fans.

The protest was originally touched off by the Italian Cup match between Atalanta and Inter Milan at Bergamo last week. The match was held on an icy field, in subfreezing temperatures, with players hardly controlling the ball and often skidding to the ground.

"It's not soccer, you can't play in these conditions, and players risk injuries in every action," said Inter coach Roberto Mancini.

After the league refused to move kickoff time to the early afternoon, Wednesday's 22nd round begins at 8.30pm (Thursday 0630 AEDT) , with some of the nine matches to be played in cold northern cities such as Turin, Udine and Milan.

Bologna vs Parma is scheduled for Thursday night.

League leader Juventus, which hosts sixth-place Sampdoria, enters the round with an impressive eight-point lead over runner-up AC Milan.

The Turin powerhouse stretched its advantage from two points in just eight days with consecutive wins while the defending league champion suffered straight losses against underdogs Livorno and Bologna.

"We did not expect such a wide margin over Milan so quickly," said Juventus general director Luciano Moggi.

For the match with Sampdoria, coach Fabio Capello was expected to start David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero up front.

Del Piero, Juventus' long-time captain and leading striker, converted a penalty in last Sunday's 2-1 victory at Atalanta entering the field as second-half substitute after a week-long dispute about his use as a reserve player.

Juve will be without injured Pavel Nedved and suspended Jonathan Zebina and Ruben Olivera.

AC Milan will be at Messina without top striker Andriy Shevchenko, who is injured.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti said last Sunday's 1-0 loss to Bologna at San Siro will probably force the team to consider the league title lost and concentrate on the Champions League, where it faces Manchester United.

However, Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said it was too early to give up title hopes and urged the team to rebound.

Messina, a Serie A newcomer, caused AC Milan its first season loss in the initial part of the campaign.

Inter Milan, coming off a 2-0 win at Palermo, hosts last-place Atalanta with the chance to consolidate third place in the table.

Fourth-place Udinese is likely to end a three-match losing streak taking on lowly Chievo Verona at Friuli stadium.

AS Roma, which climbed to fifth place following a miserable start, can improve further with a victory at Lecce.

Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano and Diamantino Mancini, who rallied Roma to a 3-2 win over Messina on Sunday, will all start against Lecce.

Lecce will be without its top striker, Valeri Bojinov, who moved to Fiorentina in the closing hours of the January transfer window Monday.

Other Wednesday matches feature Fiorentina vs Palermo, Lazio vs Brescia, Livorno vs Reggina and Siena vs Cagliari.

Updated: Wed, Feb 2, 2005 07:01:41 AM AEST
All photos copyright AAP

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Handoyo said:
That game in 15 February was an outrage! :mad: Racabulto gave Chievo 2 penalties (I can't remember if it was dubious) but the epitome was when he sent off Okan for dissent. Okan later gave an interview when he said he couldn't possibly say anything bad to Racabulto because his command of Italian was still very poor.
I remember that game...

Today, IMO, Inter will win with big score, f.e. 5:0 :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 22 - 2/2/05 (20.30)
Inter - Atalanta

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pressure is on both sides, with Inter determined to achieve another win, and Atalanta desperate for the points.

Roberto Mancini’s side managed a useful victory away to Palermo on Sunday, but they need more points to maintain the pressure on second placed Milan who are now just seven points ahead. Atalanta lost again, this time to Juventus, putting Coach Delio Rossi in a precarious position.

Mancio is still without the injured Adriano and Alvaro Recoba. Martins, Dejan Stankovic and Christian Vieri should therefore continue in attack. Coach Rossi has Riccardo Montolivo available again after the player sat out his one match ban last week. However, Stefano Lorenzi and Claudio Rivalta are still sidelined through injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo, J Zanetti, Cordoba, Materazzi, Favalli, Veron, Cambiasso, C Zanetti, Stankovic, Martins, Vieri

Atalanta (probable): Taibi, Innocenti, Sala, Natali, Bellini, Pagano, Bernadini, Migliaccio, Marcolini, Lazzari, Budan

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
Inter should win guys but lets not jinx it

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No need for what? there was no offence just fact. You have made your feelings clear on the player, but he is not called up to play Atalanta and this is what this topic is about the game against Atalanta.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You brought up the previous scoreline with scorers even though its a new game, what if I mentioned the goal?

Go to the Ronaldinho fans and call them obsessed for praising one of his previous goals...Even if your the one who reminded them of it.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used it as it was the previous game against them, a reminder that we won. Something different to start a match topic with.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I didn't ask why you brought it up, It didn't have a problem with it and I didn't think my comment on the goal itself was a problem but that wasn't the case obviously.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Faisal has all the right to remind us of Recoba's goal when we last played against Atalanta. It is related to today's game as we will not have a Recoba to pull some magic once again against them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts