Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great opportunity to shine again this season. Samp starts it off today and they're not necessarily off to a good start.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, now it's 0-2. Either they didn't take this seriously, or they aren't good enough to stick with Vojvodina. I'm not sure which is worse.

Getting knocked out at the first hurdle would be a massive blow for the league.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make it 0-4. How could you be that out of shape when you know the game is coming up months in advance?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow, goodbye any chances of Italy getting a 4th spot back. People will think I'm being dramatic, but teams losing in the EL qualifying round with no points is the worst thing that can happen as it'll immediately take the average of the Italian clubs down significantly.

Might as well close this thread now.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Wow, goodbye any chances of Italy getting a 4th spot back. People will think I'm being dramatic, but teams losing in the EL qualifying round with no points is the worst thing that can happen as it'll immediately take the average of the Italian clubs down significantly.

Might as well close this thread now.
Well, the first purpose of participating in the cups is winning the cups so there is no reason to close this thread just because the UEFA coefficient will be affected by the score of Sampdoria.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Is it really a suprise result? Vojvodena looked significantly superior, while we all know how cash-strapped Serie A is these days.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I have not been following their acquisitions closely, but I know they sold some players so possibly they only re-invested what they earned.

Whatever, they were no match for Vojvodina.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Zenga isn't a coach even people in the Middle East know that by now, yet Samp felt he'd be a good choice. They deserve it.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
It's a team which has been built with way too many unknowns and given to a coach who was an unknown till tonight. Choosing Palombo as the center back was the gem. The team seen tonight is relegation candidate.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I won't be surprised if Samp is relegated. All depends how long they keep Zenga. He will no doubt be sacked, question is if it will be before or after point of no return.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
To put things into perspective - Vojvodina finished 4th in the Serbian league. Red star and Cukaricki who finished second and third have already been eliminated - by teams from Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan respectively.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This really makes me appreciate the job Torino did last year even more. They took the thing seriously, put a good team out there, and gave it their all. The coaching change hurts, but it's pretty shocking to lose by goals at home to a team like Vojvodina. Hopefully the other teams will pick it up, but this makes overtaking England and Germany extremely difficult, especially considering their results today.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
I blame first of all N4L for wishing us good luck, then of course Zenga, who clearly isn't a coach.
I was being sincere.

It's not as if I said that Samp will win easily or something cocky.

Had not for Samp our Treble would not have materialized, and you're coached by one of the best goalies in Inter's history so it's only natural that I wish you good luck.

Zenga isn't a coach even people in the Middle East know that by now, yet Samp felt he'd be a good choice. They deserve it.
He did well in Eastern Europe and with Catania, though.

To put things into perspective - Vojvodina finished 4th in the Serbian league. Red star and Cukaricki who finished second and third have already been eliminated - by teams from Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan respectively.
Damn, that really makes this result worse than it is (if that was possible)

I guess it's the biggest ever win for a Serbian club on Italian soil?

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I blame first of all N4L for wishing us good luck, then of course Zenga, who clearly isn't a coach.
:howler::howler::howler:
He jinxed even when he didn't intend to do so.

TOPKEK

1 - 20 of 541 Posts