Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not a pointless copy/past. Yesterday I read the ranking and my reaction was: "wow, it sucks!". The first is Cavani, formidable striker, at least for serie A levels nowadays. Probably a bit too much in fact I accept bets that in one year he will be in a different league. Second is the evergreen Di Natale. I like Totò, but honestly he is the typical striker of a provinciale... and he is 35! El Shaarawy, huge talent, probably he scored a bit more than expected in the first part of the season and definitely much less in the second part of it. Running down the list we have other huge talents such Lamela and Jovetic mixed with the few great foreign midfielder left, Hernanes and Hamsik, great strikers of the past such as Totti and Klose and finally a lot of mediocre Italian or pseudo-Italian strikers: Pazzini, Gilardino, Amauri, Osvaldo, Bianchi, Borriello... all of them well known for being not good enough for the international stage, all of them failing to score consistently even in serie A. I don't forget German Denis who lately scores for fun, but hey, it's German Denis! And Sau, who is to me the most puzzling of all as I'm not sure whether he is really good or everyone else really bad.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Where was the ranking and who did it?

More info pls!

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Pretty underwhelming numbers this season except for Cavani who's been a beast as usual, and Di Natale doing what he does (what're his career stats? must be pretty impressive).

I wonder where Balo would've placed on the list if he had started the season with Milan, 11 in half a season is pretty good even with Milan's copious penalties. El Sha, well it's been a tale of two halves of the season, as unprolific this year as he was prolific last year. Maybe Balo puts him off his game?

Amauri ironically scoring as much as our top scorers, Vucinic and Vidal....Just goes to show how mediocre our strikeforce is, yet in total everyone makes a significant contribution.
But it also goes to show he isn't as useless as as he was with us per se. He could've possibly had a decent career if he hadn't been so greedy and wanted to see out his ridiculous contract.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
El Sha, well it's been a tale of two halves of the season, as unprolific this year as he was prolific last year. Maybe Balo puts him off his game?
I felt he usually did best with Pazzini, because he opened up spaces. Balotelli wants the ball at his feet instead. ElSha also was the one to do something when we played really bad, which did give us more space.

I also believe that teams "are warned" about him now. Opponents usually put their right back on man-marking.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Goals

Edinson Cavani Napoli 28

Antonio Di Natale Udinese 22

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo AS Roma 16
Stephan El Shaarawy AC Milan 16

Miroslav Klose Lazio 15
Giampaolo Pazzini AC Milan 15
Germán Denis Atalanta 15
Erik Lamela AS Roma 15

Alberto Gilardino Bologna 13

Francesco Totti AS Roma 12
Marco Borriello Genoa 12
Gonzalo Bergessio Catania 12
Stevan Jovetic Fiorentina 12
Rodrigo Palacio Internazionale 12
Marco Sau Cagliari 12

Assists

Marek Hamsik Napoli 14

Francesco Totti AS Roma 12

Borja Valero Fiorentina 10

Antonio Cassano Internazionale 9

Fabrizio Miccoli Palermo 8
Arturo Vidal Juventus 8
Adem Ljajic Fiorentina 8

Goran Pandev Napoli 7
Francesco Lodi Catania 7
Andrea Cossu Cagliari 7
Alessio Cerci Torino 7
Alessandro Diamanti Bologna 7
Lorenzo Insigne Napoli 7
Alejandro Gómez Catania 7

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
What about this year ranking guys?

I am going with guiseppe rossi for the top scorer award.Unless he gets injured, he will get that trophy I think. But the surprise to me is Callejon and Cerci. I thought Callejon was some average player with real madrid, guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
G.Rossi looks like a good bet for capocannoniere this season.

Callejon has surprised everyone, he's been a revelation for Napoli, and is easily among the best buys in Serie A last summer.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Palacio has been sensational this season. 7 goals with no penalties and without all that much support up front.
He was sensational last season too tbh. Without a doubt our best purchase in recent years.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
With cavani, ibrahimovic sold. Di natale slowing down, Giuseppe rossi injured.
I think this year we might not see a player score past 25 goals.
Last that happened in last 8 years was 2007 2008 when del piero won top scorer award with just 21.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get the assists table for Serie A?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts