Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Nedved is injured, got a serious knock in practice. Expect for Sali, quite possibly our worst player, to start ahead of Giovinco in the left wing :groan:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Enticing game.

predicted line-ups according to Corriere

Nedved should be in for Brazzo. I never thought I would say this, but I want Zebina to play.

Where is Montolivo for Viola, injured?

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
hmmmm, hard to predict. We've never seen these teams without such players missing. No Mutu, Montolivo, Sissoko, both teams are lacking fundamental pieces of their squad.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
They are missing Mutu and Montolivo (Mutu might play), we are missing Sissoko, Zanetti and Chiellini. Missing one piece more then them, but both still have formidable teams.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
both still have formidable
...goalkeepers.

:(

Those are sad teams for two Italian CL participants, Osman.

BUT - really looking forward to the show getting under way! :cool: . Who knows, maybe Ranieri surprises us and brings out the bald rabbit too.
Its obviously a blessing that in one of the 5-6 toughest matches on the calendar, our opponent is without its best two creative players.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
yeah but that Santana is a great player.
I am hoping juve will win, and i dont see why they shuldnt with such attack options.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Hehehe, too true Glen. Dont think La Viola with their budget can expect more, but I will NEVER get used to having the likes of Sali, Molinaro, Grygera and Legro (ok if they were reserve players, but not starters...), depressing. But in the context of this league, Serie A, they are formidable teams.

And Trez joins our injury list it seems, he seems to have gotten similar injury to Chiellini in todays training :groan: I was about to say only Inter have more injuries then us so far, but now with Trez, I think we are equal in quantity (Knezevic, Andrade, Sissoko, Chiellini, Zebina, Trez, Zanetti, with Camo and Moli having slight knocks too).

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Take Sali out, play Giovinco and now we are talking :)

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Nedved is back and fit for duty. And even if Nedved is healthy, would like to if Ranieri suprised us and played with Gio instead (or came in early second half). He usually comes up with nice tactical and selection suprises against the top teams.

But its Pavels birthday today :party:

Hopefully we give him a nice occasion to celebrate tommorrow.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Nedved could play, we need him because with no Sissoko as well our midfield ain't good.

Happy Bday Pavel, hopefully you score tomorrow.

Also I'm VERY upset about Trez, anyway out attack force is flooded, DP - Amauri / Iaquinta will do.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i am so excited. Serie A is back!
I cant wait to see this match.
I just finished watching samp-inter, and what a game that was. Its really wonderful to see some really competative soccer once again.

Ibra is tactically wonderful.
Cassano likewise but very bad game for the standards i hold him up to.

Nevertheless, they should make this serie A very exciting.
I am looking forward to lots of beautiful games.

Fiore juve will not be as fun to watch without key players, but this should be the chance to see those who have something to show this season.

Forza Juve!!

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Match @ 8.30 Egyptian time on Al Jazeera.

Milan lost 1-2 btw. :howler:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
well, here we are boys...

marchisio looked very good during the week, hopefully he continues to develop...

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
What's the word in the Italian press? Is there a chance Gio will start? The rest of the team seems pretty certain, with the absence of Trez, Chiellini and Camo to name a few.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Camo absence? He is predicted to play.

The usual starters not playing is Momo, Zanetti, Chiellini and Trez, rest are as usual. Gio will be on the bench, birthday boy starting.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I thought I read that Camo is out, but I might be wrong. It's all a little blurry now that I think about it ;).

Ok, so The Massacre In Florence won't start untill the second half when Gio enters then I guess.

Btw - Happy Ramadan Osman, and everybody else :).

1 - 20 of 83 Posts