Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how accurate it is, but seems to be accurate.

Hard wage caps seem to be,

Torino - €2M per year
Atalanta - €2M per year
Udinese - €1M per year

Rest seem to depend on the player and the club's desperation to sign him.

Some thoughts,
  • Guessing Torino pays part of Iago Falque's salary.
  • Old boys Callejon and Ribery got some nice contracts there, completely demolishing Fiorentina's wage budget.
  • Guessing Inter pays part of Godin's salary.
  • Eriksen at 7.5, Sanchez at 7.. For Inter's sake I hope these are not long term contracts.
  • Fazio and Pastore probgonna ride out their contracts Winston Bogarde style.
Would love to see a comparision with other leagues, just for fun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed there is no Khedira, perhaps Juve did not bother to register him for the Serie A campaign.

I think Khedira signed a 3+1 year contract, worth €6m per year, in 2018. Should have been 2+1 contract.

Also Nainggolan is on a 4 year contract, meaning things can get ugly in his case too.

·
Registered
23,966 Posts
Milan gonna need to write a new long term contract with Bennacer.

We are also looking at new contracts for Donnarumma and Hakan.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Donnarumma's contract expires after this season, I think?
Will be interesting to see what figure he will land on after his contract has been renewed.

·
Registered
15,924 Posts
He deserves a raise, no question. He's developed into an assured and commanding presence in the box, and his technical abilities have also improved. Our wage bill will certainly rise, but inevitable given the wealth of young talented players we have which are continuing to improve.

It'll be interesting to see how Juve manage their situation. We already know about the huge losses they incurred and they're overpaying many of their players.

·
Administrator
53,108 Posts
Juve already cut down salary significantly with the older players they got rid of (some for the season only), and replacing with younger players with lower salary. Also helps the players agreed to reduction during the 4 month lockdown. And that last December, the board gave the club 300m injection for future projections, so that been a cushion for the unexpected corona fallback.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There has certainly been leniency in restrictions the last few months. Here in Oslo they will re-introduce a lot of restrictions from Monday on. But we have pretty much been working from home since March/April. Schools were closed too for a while, and they might close them again.

Milan have asked their players to take a pay cut. Lega Serie A asked for €600M from the Italian government, but were refused. I think that's the correct decision, football is not the most important thing right now. Hopefully players will agree to pay cuts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts