UEFA Cup

AC Milan, Sampdoria, Udinese

Relegated

Empoli, Parma, Livorno

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Inregards to Europe next year, it will be interesting to see what the Italian clubs can bring to the table. It is 40/1 that there will be an all Italian final next year (English odds), which for me is always a decent bet, even if it is quite unrealistic at this point, and even more so as AC Milan are not there.

I think there are many things each team need to improve on. Inter (creativity), Roma (need 1 or 2 'champions), Juventus (need 3 or 4 'champions'), Fiorentina (need to improve the squad as a whole)... but with a good summer, most of these teams can do all that.

My reccomendations:

Fiorentina - De Silvestri, Borriello, Cana/top DM, Quaresma if possible/or other top winger

Roma - Iaquinta/Gilardino, Diego/Other AM, Di Natale?, Vargas/Grosso

Inter - Diego/Van Der Vaart/Quaresma

Juventus - Diego/VDV, Zapata/Barzagli, Grosso/Vargas, Huntelaar?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Promoted: Likely Chievo & 2 of Bologna, Lecce & Albinoleffe

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
as much as i detest the filthy merdazzurri, i don't think they're boring to watch. they play with great technique and when they need a goal are pressed into the opposing end. surely they get dis-interested, but to say they're not as sexy to watch as say, roma.

well....maybe that's why they're champs and roma are not.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Chievo was promoted today.

Bologna are 2nd with 81 points, while Lecce sits 3rd at 80 points.

Whoever finishes 2nd after the last round next week gets the 2nd automatic spot and joins Chievo in Serie A.

Bologna plays 6th placed Pisa at HOME
Lecce plays 17th placed Vicenza at HOME

Very likely that Lecce can leapfrog Bologna and make it in.

And then? Since the third placed team is by no means 10 points ahead of the other teams, the loser of the automatic spot b/t Bologna & Lecce joins Albinoleffe, Brescia & Pisa to fight it out for one last spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts