Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see if my magic touch can start a winning streak! :stuckup:

I don't have anything to say yet. Hopefully we can take some of this form and good feeling after our @ss whoopin' of Lazio on the road. It would ne nice to kick the crap out of a minnow. We don't do that nearly often enough.

I wonder if Carlo sticks with the two forward formation or reverts to the tree so that Dinho can get a start with Kaka behind presumably Borriello or maybe Sheva.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
2 Strikers, 2 AMs, easy!!

Go Carlo, show us more..

FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What will be intersting is to see how Ronaldinho works his way into the formation. I assume kaka is a given starter and that Dinho and Seedorf might rotate. Seedorf was really good today...I'd hate to see him sit but Dinho has to get in somewhere. Maybe He can rotate with Pato also

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The team played so well today we almost don't even need Dinho but he's got to play somewhere.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
i guess you have not read the Osman's wisdom in the other thread. we did not play SO well, it was individual brilliance - no team play with strikers except for Pato'goal and all that Glen-type of shait :D

·
Administrator
52,971 Posts
I didnt say you didnt play well (but that you need to create for your strikers more, its a good basic gameplan), individual brilliance means playing well. Get a grip and stop being so touchy if you are serious.

And Reggina are really bad, they were are downright pathetic against Roma, should be able to do the deed against them, and not choke.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose you can argue that the goals themselves were created out of individual skill rather than the result of team play (except Pato) but much like against Bologna this Milan played very well together and made a lot happen. Once we find the center forward who has the scoring touch then it could be a deadly offense. The counterattack kills us but this could be a team that wins 4-3 and 3-2 instead of the old 1-0. Who knows? Its too early to tell, but obviously these guys are getting used to each other (if the last two results mean anything more than the scoreline).

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I didnt say you didnt play well (but that you need to create for your strikers more, its a good basic gameplan), individual brilliance means playing well. Get a grip and stop being so touchy if you are serious.
Thank you. You hit the spot on why I wouldn't want Luca Toni to play for us.

Back on topic, Dinho has created a few chances that the strikers could use, but other than that it has been a little dry upfront.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
And Reggina are really bad, they were are downright pathetic against Roma, should be able to do the deed against them, and not choke.
Reggina are hit by the "Corradi curse", by having Corradi in the team they directly end up putting all passes long for him. Otherwise I think they were pretty composed and Roma created very little against them.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Ronaldinho can rotate into two positions; trequartista and support striker. As a support striker (Pato's role in a 4-3-1-2) he's not going to offer the same off the ball movement but will add a different style of play as we even saw on a few occasions against Lazio. For the Reggina game it will be interesting to see what rotation Ancelotti employs and where and if Ronaldinho does feature. Knowing Carlo he will probably not want to change much.

It's true that our team play didnt create many chances as compared to the Bologna match, but without Pirlo it's all the more difficult. What's great about this Milan squad though is the sheer number of matchwinners we have at our disposal that can turn a game with a piece of individual brilliance, and that sort of quality is great to have while this team is still finding its feet and gelling as a unit.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let's wait and see what happens in this game :)

Do you doubt my magic touch? :stuckup:

I actually thought the same thing.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Do you doubt my magic touch? :stuckup:

I actually thought the same thing.
I have been around to see guys like you (including me) try their luck only to fail at their 2nd or 3rd attempt. If you survive the derby, then I'll support a bill to announce you the official game thread starter :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A "bill", huh? Goddam we are full of ourselves sometimes around here, no? :howler:

I meant me too. ;)

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
The goals we created were not only down to IND brilliance. Pato goal is clearly team play; Kaka goal too resulted only after a long pressing attack, good defenders interference in the last pass to Pato, winning quickly the ball still (almost) in their box and then kaka's great shot. Seedorf's goal was an attack with 4 or 5 players in it; I still think he actually meant that one-two with the defender :D but either way - it was lucky, it was his shot - but it was part of an attack. Look at the stats I posted in the other thread. We had 9 or so shots on goal; their GK had 5 clear saves; we dominated the game against the leader after two games in Serie A.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
A "bill", huh? Goddam we are full of ourselves sometimes around here, no? :howler:

I meant me too. ;)
Yes a bill, and if it passes it will become a law; and by law you'd be doomed to open every and each match thread for the rest of your life, or should I say Xtratime life :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The goals we created were not only down to IND brilliance. Pato goal is clearly team play; Kaka goal too resulted only after a long pressing attack, good defenders interference in the last pass to Pato, winning quickly the ball still (almost) in their box and then kaka's great shot. Seedorf's goal was an attack with 4 or 5 players in it; I still think he actually meant that one-two with the defender :D but either way - it was lucky, it was his shot - but it was part of an attack. Look at the stats I posted in the other thread. We had 9 or so shots on goal; their GK had 5 clear saves; we dominated the game against the leader after two games in Serie A.
Three of the goals can be attributed to the individual more than team build up, but it is a moot point. Any attempts to claim that Milan did not play brilliantly and that we won due to three solo efforts and a headed cross are ridiculous. The team created numerous chances. The ball was not only controlled and possession had but it was with a purpose, not simply playing keep away but doing nothing with it.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts