Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Players like Quaresma, Lampard, Adebayor, Flaimini, Zambrotta, Xabi Alonso are likely to come to Serie A. This are all wc players from other leagues. And Mourinho to boot. This could mark, the end of the declining of Serie A.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Its not something new is it.

Tiago... momosoko.. etc

btw, The Spanish and English top tier players may not be so frequent.

Similarly Liga and EPL are buying too.... probably KaKa. :D

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kaka isn't going anywhere. Infact I don't see any of the top Serie A stars leaving. And there is a difference between Tiago,Sissoko and Lampard, Quaresma, Adebayor...

It just seems it was a while since so many stars were coming to Serie A (some are still rumors, but very serious rumours)

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Kaka isn't going anywhere. Infact I don't see any of the top Serie A stars leaving. And there is a difference between Tiago,Sissoko and Lampard, Quaresma, Adebayor...

It just seems it was a while since so many stars were coming to Serie A (some are still rumors, but very serious rumours)
Thing is who do you consider as "top stars"

Which players would La Liga and EPL clubs want?

I can't think of any top star player in this Juve.

Milan -> Kaka, Pirlo
Inter - Zlatan..

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buffon is a genuine star. Then you have Amauri who is arguablly one of the best strikers in the world(he'll show it this year), Chiellini showed his defending capabilities in this Euro. Trezeguet, is one of the best poachers in the world.

·
Registered
59,788 Posts
Thing is who do you consider as "top stars"

Which players would La Liga and EPL clubs want?

I can't think of any top star player in this Juve.

Milan -> Kaka, Pirlo
Inter - Zlatan..
Real and Barca were after Chivu last summer. I'm pretty sure a player like Maicon would be a target for several clubs in La Liga and the Premiership if Inter were willing to offload him, then you have stars such as Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Camoranesi, De Rossi, Aquilani, Mutu among others.

And those are only the household names - there are other players with lesser reputation who moved from Serie A to the EPL such as Bianchi and Muntari (off the top of my head)

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Serie A is definitely bouncing back. Still have some catch up to do, but with Mourinho there, Juve back in the CL, Fiorentina back as 5th wheel... I don't think Serie A will be the top league like it used to be till the mid 90's, but it's good to see it improving.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Any idea what channel Serie A will be on next season? Hopefully not Channel 5 again which I can't get cause I'm in Ireland.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
But which UEFA/mid table clubs are able to buy quality players? Spurs and Man city in the Premiership are spending about £40 million a year. on Jo, Dos Santos, Modric etc. All those you mentioned are already going to the top clubs.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
But which UEFA/mid table clubs are able to buy quality players? Spurs and Man city in the Premiership are spending about £40 million a year. on Jo, Dos Santos, Modric etc. All those you mentioned are already going to the top clubs.
Dont forget one of those Uefa Cup team is Milan :tongue:

Lazio who are not even in the Uefa Cup are targeting Zarate and possibly Palacio. Lazio also bought Rozenhal and Radu who are 2 very solid defenders,

Napoli bought Denis from Argentina

As for the other 2 Uefa Cup teams Sampdoria and Udinese I think if they just keep their stars and add a few new faces would do very well. I expect serie a to perform very well in European competitions next year, but that isnt the only way to determine the quality of the league. The serie a season as a whole should also tell if we really are experiencing a rebirth.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
lol Ronzenhal and Denis, scraping the barrel there. Serie A midtable clubs are absolutely skint, didn't Sampdoria struggle to pay Cassano's pitiful transfer fee?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well, we shall see. I also like the fact that Italian teasms try to bring through the youth at the moment too, more than signing 100 players from South America.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Chiellini is a top star :cool:

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
lol Ronzenhal and Denis, scraping the barrel there. Serie A midtable clubs are absolutely skint, didn't Sampdoria struggle to pay Cassano's pitiful transfer fee?
I cant comment on Denis as this is his first European adventure and he is not very young but still 26 so we will see how good he really is, but I expect him and Lavezzi to form a very good partnership.

I hope Bojinov comes back on loan or something to serie a. His career has really been going down hill ever since his transfer to Fiorentina and I think he needs to go to a mid table Serie a team to re launch his career Cassano style. And he is much younger then Cassano so his future can be very bright.

A lot of people may call these players scraps or rejects, but guys like Bojinov, Rozenhal, Dica dont cost much or anything at all, but they have great potential and if they can give you a real run for your money.

If you sign someone for 30M you better pray he adapts to Serie, because unlike the EPL serie a teams cant afford to spend crazy money on flops. Like me personally I am a bit against the Adebayor signing for Milan, because it is a lot of money and he is not proven in Serie a. Id much rather go for someone like Guiseppe Rossi who we can get for 15-20 M or even make some kind of swap.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Adebayor wont go to Milan anyway, he will stay in Arsenal, if not Barcelona im sure.

Regarding Serie A, Yes I think Mourinho is the man who can bring it back to life, But it needs ALOT of work to catch up to the current EPL or La Liga.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts