Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the disappointment of the derby, we entertain a tricky Cagliari side at home. Remember that just a few weeks ago they beat Juve at home, and are coming off a nice 2-0 win over Lecce.

Hopefully for this game Kaka is back, but I think even without him we can win.

Been saying this for ages, but Flamini has to start. What more does he have to do to get a starting spot?

My line-up:

Abbiati

Zambrotta-Maldini-Bonera-Jankulovski

Beckham-Pirlo-Flamini

Ronaldinho

Kaka-Pato​

Seedorf should be rested, I think he has started a lot of games recently, and he also took a knock just now playing Werder.

Form:

Milan - WDWDL
Cagliari - WWWLW

Suspended players:

Milan - None
Cagliari- None

One card away from suspension:

Milan - Kaladze, Favalli, Ambrosini
Cagliari - Fini, Matheu, Conti

FORZA MILAN!

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Flamini has to start, because he is quite mobile. Cagliari are a killer team because of their neverending running, they ran Inter and us ragged.

So yeah, Mr 100 fouls a game Ambro who is quite slow and struts around in jogging pace, smirking becuase he just escaped yet another red card for no apparent reason, wont really be the appropiate DM to cover your ass in this game. Flamini fits the bill more.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Antonini should start instead of Janku. As poor as our def has been, Janku's has been a level below that.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I doubt Antonini will get the nod, and in my eyes, Flamini was always the better replacement to Gattuso...

I'd like to play with two strikers, namely Pippo (he has been great from what i've seen) and off course Pato, but i doubt it'll happen...

Dunno how Beckham is feeling after he was holding his ankle when subbed off in the Inter game...

I expect to see the same line-up Jani posted.

Forza Milan!!!

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
What are the chances for a recovery in Kaka's case?
Seedorf-Dinho played well I felt (from 10 min highlights) v Werder. Flamini was also solid. So if Kaka is not fit, play them and Pato up front and if the result doesn't go our way, add Pippo for Ambro.
Currently, gazzetta has Becks ahead of Flamini, no Kaka and Zambo-Bonera-Paolo-Janku.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Would go with Janis lineup..But would rather start with Antonini instead of Zambro or Janku..

Flamini should play in the center of the midfield instead on the left..It gives much more freedom to Pirlo to do his magic..Pirlo has had to defend a lot more lately since Ambro is found many a times out of position and dosent get back quickly enough except for the odd occasions..

Froza Milan!!

·
Registered
12,325 Posts
Would go with Janis lineup..But would rather start with Antonini instead of Zambro or Janku..

Flamini should play in the center of the midfield instead on the left..It gives much more freedom to Pirlo to do his magic..Pirlo has had to defend a lot more lately since Ambro is found many a times out of position and dosent get back quickly enough except for the odd occasions..

Froza Milan!!
I totally agree.

I dont get Ambro, he has lost the will to run (or he is old already) ... his main characteristic was that he never stoped runing AND now he is worst than some serie B guy that plays his role.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Wasn't it Ambro who made that super tackle to deny Stankovic a clear and easy goal when it was 0-0? I would not call that lack of running or bad tackling. It was of the top order.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Wasn't it Ambro who made that super tackle to deny Stankovic a clear and easy goal when it was 0-0? I would not call that lack of running or bad tackling. It was of the top order.
Yes, i believe it was, still, he has been really poor recently...

·
Registered
27,210 Posts

I believe this is why they came up with the saying "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while."

·
Registered
23,914 Posts
I'd play:

Abbiati
Zambro - Bonera - Maldini - Antonini
Flamini - Pirlo - Jankulovski
Kaka/Ronaldinho
Pato - Inzaghi

Or put Seedorf instead of Antonini and Janku at left defense. I really like that kind of midfield with plenty of running and I prefer using two strikers.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Anybody remember when we last started two forwards? I recall only games where Borriello was fit (all three of them or whatever it was :rollani: ). We seem to bring on hte second forward only in desperation. I have not seen any of the UEFA matches so maybe that is different.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Tbh, i reckon the Derby would have been a lot better with Pippo on from the start...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thats is known as Milans DNA (of late)..Turning up on the big occasions only..

There is a very clear 'lack of running' on Ambros part if you compare him to Flamini..

Plus if you have closely observed Flamini(inspite of him defending on every attack by the opposition), you will find him on odd occasions, close to the opposition penalty box..He could have had scored two goals, one against reginna and one against bremen, only if he could have placed his shots well..And ofcourse he did give an assist yesterday..

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
What are the odds of seeing this line up?

Abbiati

Zambrotta-Maldini-Bonera-Antonini

Beckham-Pirlo-Flamini

Kaka

Pato-Inzaghi​

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
i want this lineup to be tested.

.........Pato....Pippo......

.............Ronaldinho........

...Janku..Pirlo....Flamini....

Antonini..Bonera..Maldini..Zambrotta

if kaka is ready, replace him with Pippo

Janku has lots of stamina and will help considerably if he plays in midfield...plus, his defending sucks....Flamini, as people mentioned, adds speed and grit to the midfield..and lets Pirlo hum around....

Pirlo has been really underpar these days...maybe Beckham instead of him?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
.........Pato....Pippo......

Ronaldinho..................Kaka

.........Seedorf......Flamini....

Jankulovski..Bonera..Maldini/Favalli..Zambrotta

Ronaldinho and Seedorf have actually been running the last two games. I've seen Seedorf run so much lately and actually burn opponents with his pace. Ronaldinho is now starting to add pace to his game and I think he deserves another start.

Zambro has been outstanding both going forward and defending plus he never stops running. Janku hasn't been all that gung ho but he still has his moments and always looks for the assist. We're playing for a CL berth so I think Carlo can afford to experiment with the squad.

I hate to say this but maybe even Favalli deserves to start because he's only second to Bonera this term in central defence.

Also, Pirlo is a brilliant passer but lately he's been looking clueless defending and has even been losing the ball in dangerous areas on the pitch. He's either tired or pre-occupied.

I say we give this a try and then sub both Pippo and Pato for Ambro and Senderos and play Carlo's favorite 5-5-0 in the second half when we're leading 5-0.

FORZA MILAN!

1 - 20 of 270 Posts