Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No time to dwell on a very, very unlucky draw againts Reggina. We got to get straight into the biggest game of the season so far for Milan!

Inter were incredibly sloppy versus Lecce but won 3-0 whilst I could hardly find any faults in our 1-1 draw against Reggina. Thats what differentiates us, unfortunately. On paper,their team looks like nothing but damn they always win. Inter will probably play:

Julio Cesar

Maicon-Materazzi-Cordoba-Chivu

Figo-Cambiasso-Muntari-Zanetti

Stankovic

Ibrahimovic​

The biggest worry for us would be the availability of Kaka. I think his presence alone determines whether we do well or not. Regardless, we shouldn't be relying on him alone. Hopefully Pato can full off something special again because otherwise, I don't know how we'll win. My line-up:

Abbiati

Zambrotta-Maldini-Kaladze-Jankulovski

Beckham-Pirlo-Flamini

Seedorf

Kaka-Pato​

Obviously if Kaka ain't there, Ronaldinho to start. Flamini should definitely start after his great game just now. Fought for every ball and almost won all of them.

Overall, I've gotten pessimistic about the game after seeing us not win today, and also because Kaka is a risk. Whatever it is, a derby is a derby and anything can happen.

Form:

Inter - LWWDW
Milan - WWDWD

Suspended players:

Inter - Balotelli
Milan - Bonera

One card away from suspension:

Inter - Chivu, Burdisso
Milan - Kaladze, Favalli

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
517 Posts
A draw......Kaka has to be there. Damn we're just like a yo yo

·
Registered
474 Posts
For those not in the know:

After the Reggina game I made a phone call to Carlo "Thank you Nick, but I don't smoke" Ancelotti and set up a meeting with some of my UM boys. Unfortunately they couldn't make it. So we met in the evening at Bordello del Sofia and had a long chat, during the course of which he mentioned that the team was lacking confidence. He didn't want me to spill the beans on who he blamed for this unfortunate predicament- it would be bad for team cohesion, he claimed. But I will say it is a particular "injured" player. Very interesting reasons he gave.

Updates forthcoming.

Forza Milan.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Talk to the Hand.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"He needs an X-Ray and feels a lot of pain. We will need to wait and see what happens, but it is a problem in his foot and not muscular."

-Ancelotti

Doesn't look good :(

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
A loss...

Or a delusional win that will get us at -5, just to be back at -7 the next week?

No, I stick with the loss.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
A loss if it helps Carlo career. Otherwise a win. Afterall we only know how to play the big teams.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
L'A.C.Milan comunica che Ricky Kakà ha riportato un trauma distorsivo al piede sinistro. Le indagini effettutate al termine di Milan-Reggina non hanno riscontrato alcun tipo di frattura.

www.acmilan.com

No fracture, but I don't really understand the first part?

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After the game he was sent to a hospital for X-rays, he emerged out of the hospital in crutches :stress:

·
Registered
517 Posts
MILAN, Ancelotti: "Nothing will change about the derby"
00:00| Marco Gori | read 68
Source: www.gazzetta.it

This are the statements released by AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti after the game 1-1 draw against Reggina this evening: "After they scored the game became complicated. Ronaldinho played well. Inter are now 8 points ahead of us, we must win the derby next week. We had to win even with 6 or less points behind Inter. Nothing changes".

=======================================

Yeah, nothing changes. You also HAD to win against the minnows Reggina but you couldn't...you.... :groan:

·
Registered
23,841 Posts
L'A.C.Milan comunica che Ricky Kakà ha riportato un trauma distorsivo al piede sinistro. Le indagini effettutate al termine di Milan-Reggina non hanno riscontrato alcun tipo di frattura.

www.acmilan.com

No fracture, but I don't really understand the first part?
A sprained ankle?

·
Registered
59,816 Posts
Julio Cesar

Maicon-Materazzi-Cordoba-Chivu

Figo-Cambiasso-Muntari-Zanetti

Stankovic

Ibrahimovic​
Nah..

Burdisso will play instead of Cordoba. Santon will occupy the left-back spot like the last few matches.

Adriano will start alongside Zlatan, with Figo dropped.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahh. I forgot about Santon.

Hopefully the derby will be an overwhelming experience for him, making him prone to errors :hopeful:

He will after all be up against the legend that is David Beckham :scared:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Well, we've won our last two against Inter, so hopefully we can make it a hat-trick. If we do, then the gap will shorten to just -5. A draw remains at -8 and a loss means season over at +11.

We usually play well on the bigger stage though, it's the small teams that traditionally trouble us.

1 - 20 of 454 Posts