Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another tough one coming up. But this time we'll be at home, where our record is 8-0-1 :eek:

It will also be the return to the San Siro for Alberto Gilardino. Honestly, I hope he gets a good welcome. It just didn't work out, but he remains a good guy.

Regarding the teams, its obviously too early but I hope Beckham doesn't start. He did well but he offers nothing that we actually need. Like Johan said, he's a passenger. Don't get me wrong, its just that in our game against Roma, our midfield was visibly very light. So hopefully Ambrosini or preferably Flamini starts.

Fiorentina meanwhile will probably be without Mutu and also maybe Frey, which is obviously good news for us. Whatever it is, I'm sure Gilardino will be eager to prove himself against Milan, especially with our defense being so bad.

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Ambrosini must start this one. I dont think Beckham was bad at all, and if anyone should sit for Ambrosini it should be Seedorf.

As I mentioned in the Roma match thread I think we're better off playing counter attacking football. We should stick Pirlo, Max and a CM in front of our weak backline, sit a little deep and leave Ronaldinho, Pato and Kaka upfront. It would help protect our defenders and encourage opposition to leave bigger spaces at the back, which Pato and Kaka can exploit as well as anyone.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I agree Seedorf needs to be benched. With two strikers tactic it would be nice to see Beckham with another start, but I think he won't start this time. Too bad Borreillo isn't fit yet.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
i read somewhere Mutu is out for several weeks. True?
Yep it's true bo Mutu is likely to miss an easy 2-3 weeks,a real bonus for us but sad to see Adrian out though hope he makes a swift recovery:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Very true Fiorentina isn't our only problem, but in the end I think we'll fight 3rd spot with them. Napoli is a strong contender to qualify to next seasons UCL, but so far thay have been dependent on their home games(like us). I'm not sure if they can keep the pace to fight with Milan and Fio for 3rd. They haven't had big problems with their injuries(correct me if I'm wrong), so if some of their key player gets injured they might start losing points. Just speculating..

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If my memory serves me, they had Lavezzi injured before the break and they dropped points then. I hear as well Hamsik ain't that consistent. However, that means nothing unless we finish the job ourselves, something we haven't done in 2 years or so. It's only natural to cast doubts over the notion of us grinding out results this season just because of our stars.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Very true Fiorentina isn't our only problem, but in the end I think we'll fight 3rd spot with them. Napoli is a strong contender to qualify to next seasons UCL, but so far thay have been dependent on their home games(like us). I'm not sure if they can keep the pace to fight with Milan and Fio for 3rd. They haven't had big problems with their injuries(correct me if I'm wrong), so if some of their key player gets injured they might start losing points. Just speculating..
Where we finish hugely depends on how quickly Nesta can recover and reach a good level of match fitness. His presence in our backline increases its quality immensely and will certainly help us concede fewer goals for the rest of this season. If we had him back now I'd say we're still in with a chance of the Scudetto. Chances are it wont be until a few more weeks until he is back so 3rd place is a fair aim.

I'd like to see us mix up our tactics and use Borriello more too. Long balls to him from Pirlo and Beckham, with Kaka/Pato/Ronaldinho (take your pick) in close proximity. We should still work on fluidity in midfield and fine tune the short passing game that's been successful, because it needs work, but also add something different to our play. Less pretty but potentially more effective.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
as there is no other thread on that i post it here: Kaka is 4th in Fifa best player of the year award. Here are the final standings:

Cristiano Ronaldo (935 punti) Lionel Messi (678), Fernando Torres (203), Ricardo Kakà (183) e Xavi Hernandez (155)

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
He is the only one who has no bussiness being that high up in FIFA, or the Golden ball ranking too. Both occasions getting votes simply for being a past winner, and not for having a better season then lots of top players.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as there is no other thread on that i post it here: Kaka is 4th in Fifa best player of the year award. Here are the final standings:

Cristiano Ronaldo (935 punti) Lionel Messi (678), Fernando Torres (203), Ricardo Kakà (183) e Xavi Hernandez (155)
haha he was so close to beating Torres too!

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
He is the only one who has no bussiness being that high up in FIFA, or the Golden ball ranking too. Both occasions getting votes simply for being a past winner, and not for having a better season then lots of top players.
like del piero for example :howler: and yet our kaka is there, the old boy of juve is not :pp

·
Registered
23,911 Posts
FIFA award is voted by the national team managers. It will be biased towards national team games and whatever they watch.

I feel we will win this game. Our home form together with Fiorentina's up and down form points on our favour. I'd like to see Flamini from start to give us some dynamic and I hope for someone to suddenly recover in defense.

I would like a: Jankulovski Pirlo Flamini midfield. There is no way we are going to see it, but I still like it. that midfield would provide cover for Pirlo at the same time as he would be more open to show his talent with two players that run a lot. Let me note that Flamini is used to play with Fabregas, a player with qualities in the same areas as Pirlo.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Must win!!

Inter play Atlanta away, and Juve away to Lazio!! An opportunity to cut the gap!!

Good that Mutu isn't there, this will keep Gilardino a bit isolated!! I think we must focus on covering the flanks so no crosses come into the area for Gilardino, and perhaps its a good time to STOP CONCEDING!! something we're unable to reach!!

FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look Ize is already sabotaging my thread and changing it to R18 :groan: Its R19 Ize! :D

The Roma one was supposed to be R18 ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Why do defenders and GK's get such a stiff ride when it comes to awarding the European/World player of the year awards?.We know how great the actual winners have been,but more recognition for the backmen and Goalies would be nice.

Napoli were fairly lucky against Catania but in all fairness have been super consistent throughout the season,and in their defeats have been fairly unlucky as well.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts