Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Since I am a fan of INTER you may think that this is biased but my SERIE A player of the year for 2002 is 1. Christian VIERI
he has been the most valuable to his team scoring 21 goals in just 23 games played, scoring at a phenominal rate.
2. Second would be David TREZEGUET of JUVE
3. Third would be Gianluigi BUFFON of JUVE
4. Fourth would be Marco DI VAIO of PARMA

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Why Buffon? He made several mistakes since he plays for Juve.

1. Hubner
2. Vieri
3. Montella
4. Di Vaio
5. Frey

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think that some of you are mixing up this subject with the most valuable player of the year to their team. Frey, R.Baggio, DiVaio, Hubner should not be in contention at all as there teams aren't great and they have not achieved much.

My picks would be(in no order):

1- Montella
2- Vieri
3-Toldo
4-Samuel
5-Trezeguet

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Djet said:
Why Buffon? He made several mistakes since he plays for Juve.

1. Hubner
2. Vieri
3. Montella
4. Di Vaio
5. Frey
Then how come Frey is in your list?????
He made much more mistake than Buffon did!!! DUH!!!

My list:
1) Vieri
2) Doni
3) Totti
4) Del Piero :D
5) Di Vaio
6) Montella
7) Trezeguet, 23 goals, well it's not wonderful goal, not to mention he only wait for other players to deliver the ball for him so he can tap it in but nonetheless proved that he is a great finisher and also not a single penalty in those 23 goals
8) Buffon
9) Eriberto
10) Pirlo & Hubner

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
1. Trez
2. Doni
3. Vieri
4. DiVaio
5. Samuel
6. Montella
7. Corini
8. Materazzi
9. C. Zanetti
10. Corradi

:cool:

·
Registered
46,814 Posts
I can only say that Vieri has been the best one, even if Inter will not win scudetto, because he won many matches alone. If Inter will win the scudetto it will be the scudetto of Vieri. Juventus was a true team so it would be difficult to choose a player who played better than the others.The same for Roma. As regards the other teams: Doni was very important for Atalanta, Asta for Torino, Di Vaio probably avoided a bad relegation for Parma and Hubner showed that he can score a lot even in a team like Piacenza...
All the players of Chievo were a great surprise, but the best one was... coach del Neri, the same for Bologna, the best one was Guidolin.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Primo im kinda shocked that you didnt pick Totti to be honest, Donis been a wonder this season and defenitely deserves to be in the top 10 but you seemed to have picked maybe a lot more young or relatively new players to the scene, Totti has been great this season, maybe not as good as last and his diving can get on my nerves but without doubt he is in the top 10;)

Ciao

Denis;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
no order

Doni
Montella
Hubner
Vieri
Samuel
Trezeguet
Baggio (when he played)

Lav

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I tok Vieri did a great job in absence of Ronaldo.
He shoulder all the responsibilty and single-handed life Inter to the top.

My vote will be on him.

·
Registered
324 Posts
too many players were great.but the best was buffon.i am really happy that juve paid all those money to bring a giant like buffon.
other good player from juve are thuram,and trezeguet.from inter recoba and vieri.from roma montella and totti.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts