Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the last year Inter won the title, but I was watching some video clips and goal clips on the whole season in the past week, and man there were some great players... if there is a debate currently on whether Serie A is the best or not, there was absolutely no contest back in this era...

I mean the league had players like Mattheus, Brehme, Serena, matteoli, Altobelli, Zenga, Bergomi, Baresi, Ancelotti, Van Basten, Riijkaard, Gullit, Maradona, Careca, Baggio, Zavarov, Rui Barros, Donadoni, Diaz, Sosa, Luis Muller, Tassotti, Simone, Dunga, Giannini, Voeller, Carevale, Massaro etc.

This topic really has no relevance to anything in particular, just a look back at the glory days for the older Italians on this forum, even though I was only 3 :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes sorry, I was going team by team and forgot Samp :D Vialli and Mancini of course one of the best partnerships you can find!!!

I dont think there was anything better than Maradona-Careca though!!!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think that at that time the Serie A was the No. 1 in the world without discussion. The best players of the world always played there. I recall when I was little that some people talked about the Italian football like if it were the NBA of football. If you wanted to be big, then you have to play in Serie A.

Now, Serie A still has a great level, but I think EPL and La Liga can be as good (if not better, it depends on opinions and I don't want to create a boring debate here) as Serie A.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I think that at that time the Serie A was the No. 1 in the world without discussion. The best players of the world always played there. I recall when I was little that some people talked about the Italian football like if it were the NBA of football. If you wanted to be big, then you have to play in Serie A.

Now, Serie A still has a great level, but I think EPL and La Liga can be as good (if not better, it depends on opinions and I don't want to create a boring debate here) as Serie A.
i like to follow La Liga because is nice, but EPL is sooooo boring:D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Arianna said:
i like to follow La Liga because is nice, but EPL is sooooo boring:D
I was not talking about how boring the leagues are, I was talking about the level of the teams that play the leagues.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Serie A of 1989........... ahhhhhhhhh...............

..its like when Michael reminisces about the Corleone family.....:D

......some great days ..... what a gift calcio was to world football in that time........:star:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts