Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that serie A teams are finally managing to do well in the UCL, is UCL now more important than serie A?. Or was that "serie A is more important than UCL" just an excuse because EPL teams were kicking the living hell out of Italian teams.

;)

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
CMBurns said:
Now that serie A teams are finally managing to do well in the UCL, is UCL now more important than serie A?. Or was that "serie A is more important than UCL" just an excuse because EPL teams were kicking the living hell out of Italian teams.

;)
Read better the posts of the Italian supporters... at least of those who know how the things work.
Winning the Serie A has never been more important than winning the Champions League for the Italian clubs. Winning the serie A is as important as winning the Champions League for the Italian clubs. Yet, winning the CL is more lucrative.

And the EPL teams have never kicked the living hell out of Italian teams. ;)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Toni, maybe you should teach me how to be calm, cause how you didnt get angry i dont know.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
It all depends what you win, if you win Serie A it's more important, but if you win UCL then that's more important.

neither is as important as the EPL though because that's what we won. :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Saying that winning you're league (whichever it is) is more important than winning the Champions League is a lame ass excuse. If you want you're name in history or you're team I'm pretty sure you'd rather win the most prestigious club trophy in football instead of the league, which many fans will forget in 10 years. Winning the league means you have the right to be the best club in you're country, however winning the Champions League means you have the right to call you're team the best club in Europe. To me that's a big difference.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Agreed with sbaresic completly. I heard the "Serie A is like winning Jerusalem" excuse from 1998 to 2003 and I always laughed at it.

·
Registered
59,728 Posts
Well from an Inter perspective, winning the league IS indeed more important than winning the CL. But that's not the case with say, Milan, for example.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
It all depends what you win, if you win Serie A it's more important, but if you win UCL then that's more important.

neither is as important as the EPL though because that's what we won. :thmbup:

Jern, you are the man! ilarious :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
CMBurns said:
EPL teams were kicking the living hell out of Italian teams.

;)

:howler: you got a nice way to keep the thread going.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Well from an Inter perspective, winning the league IS indeed more important than winning the CL. But that's not the case with say, Milan, for example.
It all depends on the team's ambitions. Each one sets their own priorities. The above mentioned is an example of this. And with the same team it varies from season to season, I guess.

·
63,337 Posts
sbaresic said:
Winning the league means you have the right to be the best club in you're country, however winning the Champions League means you have the right to call you're team the best club in Europe. To me that's a big difference.
so how does that work like when Valencia won La Liga and RM won UCL ? or when Milan won UCL and Juventus won Serie A.

Real Madrid were the best team in Europe but the second best in Spain. :googly:

winning cup competitions gives you no right to claim you are the best team at all, that is a matter of opinion, for instance Greece are NOT the best International side in Europe IMO. :pp

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Winning in Europe is much more important. I'm talking CL now of course and not Uefa.

The season we won the CL and lost the final against Milan it felt like one could not go around parading to be the best team in Italy, because the best team in Europe was Italian.

·
63,337 Posts
Hasuni said:
The season we won the CL and lost the final against Milan it felt like one could not go around parading to be the best team in Italy, because the best team in Europe was Italian.
why ? because they beat you in a penalty shoot-out ?

can't understand that at all, Juve were far better than Milan that year to any neutral observer.

CL is prestigious and the best comp to win, but it is only an indicator of the greatest.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I don't mean we were worse then them in that sence. Just because they won a far more prestigious tournament that is bigger then the one we won.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
for juve i care about winning the CL this year then the serie a ..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts