Xtratime Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Or switch to 4-3-1-2. Hakan, Jack and Paqueta are capable to play as Trequartista.

My Milan XI (4-3-1-2) for next match: Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie/Krunic, Bennacer, Paqueta; Hakan/Jack; Zlatan, Piatek/Leao.

If Pioli keep playing 4-3-3 with Hakan as LW and Suso as RW, then he is a mediocre coach.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Yes, but he actually sucked (compared to his Arsenal form) at LW for Juve, and was not at his best in that position either for France or for Barcelona later on. Of course. different circumstances in each place too, but that's a different convo.

At any rate, we need to find a use for Leao and get him to improve, because he has the potential to be a difference maker in this team and we badly need that. The first step is to give him minutes, in any role.

Paqueta needs to play too is he is to stay at the club. Maybe try him in Suso's role too.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Stop playing 4-3-3 with no wingers. Or sign a decent RW and make Leao the starting LW. Not that complicated.

The Suso era needs to end.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
On paper switching formations makes sense, especially since we have players like Paquetá and Hakan that could play in the hole. Hakan IMO has improved this season, by the way. We now have the forwards too, theoretically, to play two upfront.

However I'm not sure it's that simple. The idea that we play 4-3-3 only to accommodate Suso is just speculation. Pioli has played that formation, or at any rate formations with wingers, everywhere he's coached. And then just switching formations guarantees nothing. We started the season playing 4-3-1-2 with the tactical genius and it was a complete mess.

Signing a better right winger, on the other hand, for sure. But let's not pretend Leao is a savior on the LW. The potential is there, but what we saw today is pretty much what he brings to the table so far -- 10 minutes of havoc but no end product.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Suso and Calabria were very bad. I can't stomach seeing Calabria much more. How many times can 1 pro make suicidal back passes? And his crossing are just hit and hope....

Leao obviously has some qualities, but really should be sharper in front of goal...Missed a huge chance when he had to lift the ball over the keeper. He was considered a sub for Piatek before, hopefully with Ibra added to the team he will play winger again

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Suso clearly need a rest from the starting eleven. I would try either leao+castilljeo+Zlatan or paqueta+Zlatan+piatek. I would say our midfield actually function fairly well now, but our three man attack is failing badly.

in this game i screamed for paqueta to comeon earlier, not that he made much in the minutes he got. Bennacer showed plenty IMO. Zlatan really show his prowess in the air. He won all aerial duels

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I'd say Paqueta should be tried as AMR if Suso is benched (which he should). Paqueta looks more promising than Samu there.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Pioli said Paqueta is a Mezzala, and i agree with him.
I tend to agree too, but Pioli doesn't play him at all. Since Suso needs some bench time and Castillejo is a very mediocre option, Paquetá should be an option there too.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm not fan of 4-3-1-2, but based on players that available now, this is the right time to switch to 4-3-1-2.

My Milan XI (4-3-1-2): Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Bennacer, Paqueta; Hakan; Zlatan, Leao.

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
Musachio and Conti, and to some extent Kessie and hakan are burning my eyes when i see them in a starting line up :)

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I'm not fan of 4-3-1-2, but based on players that available now, this is the right time to switch to 4-3-1-2.

My Milan XI (4-3-1-2): Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Bennacer, Paqueta; Hakan; Zlatan, Leao.
Not bad, I'd prefer Krunic over Kessié though.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think Kessie as Mezzala under 4-3-1-2 system will be better than 4-3-3 system, he can provide more physical ability and less technical ability.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I think Kessie as Mezzala under 4-3-1-2 system will be better than 4-3-3 system, he can provide more physical ability and less technical ability.
Yeah fair enough. Whenever I have seen Krunic he seems to offer much more than Kessie though, IMO deserves a run.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts