Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

Scudetto
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Inter fans like to think I'm anti-jinxing when I congratulate them on the Scudetto. The reality is that although there is some element of joking there, this fixture is truly the one that will make or break our dreams.

Atalanta is friggin Atalanta. The club that trashed us 5-0 to almost literally cause a revolution within Pioli's early reign.

We had a relatively easy 3-2 win early in the season (they scored 2 late consolation goals) but it's not going to be the same this time. They're not in great form but that glimpse of opportunity to play European football means they still have something to play for.

That said, if Milan play at their own top form and motivate themselves to celebrate this historic Scudetto, we should win.

We could even win it this weekend if we beat Atalanta and Inter fail to beat relegation battlers Cagliari. Unfortunately they play an hour after our game ends - which I think is a disadvantage for us. Even so, a draw is still good enough for us to maintain the lead.

As usual, Leao will be absolutely key but I'm hoping Giroud will be able contribute some goals. Don't forget, this game will likely be the last we see of Kessie and Zlatan (at least as a player) at San Siro. I think that sucks but that's how football is these days.

Gazzetta probable currently:

Maignan

Calabria-Kalulu-Tomori-Theo

Tonali-Bennacer

Saelemakers-Kessie-Leao

Giroud
Important note: Kalulu, Tomori, Romagnoli, Diaz and Leao are all one card away from suspension 馃ザ馃ザ馃ザ

FORZA MILAN

Registered
I feel we are more focused on the task, but not as much that i would bet on us. If Kessie is on the field its better to have him advanced, because he has left the club mentally and dont track back well.

Registered
I feel we are more focused on the task, but not as much that i would bet on us. If Kessie is on the field its better to have him advanced, because he has left the club mentally and dont track back well.
The shape of the team is often more 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1, so if Kessie starts he'll need to cover the pitch. Especially if Tonali is deployed in a similar way as vs Verona.

Registered
If Leao gets a yellow in this game, Inter wins the scudetto :p

Why not play Krunic? He was very good last game.

Demiral loves these big games but the rest of the Atalanta defensive system is usually out to lunch during the games.

Scudetto
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If we win this but he gets yellow, I am hopeful Pioli would know how to park the bus with all out catenaccio against Sassuolo 馃槍

Registered
How is everyone feeling for this game? I feel Venezia did Inter a favour today with that result, Atalanta will have more drive knowing they can secure Europe.

Massive game, reality is Milan should win/dominate this game, I feel it will all come down to mentality.

I actually have Sassuolo pegged as the game Inter win the Scudetto however laughable this comment is we have to get past Cagliari first who are battling for survival, nothing is easy right now.

Good luck to both teams, its been a great season for both and I am proud of both Milan clubs.

#anyonebutRube

Registered
How is everyone feeling for this game? I feel Venezia did Inter a favour today with that result, Atalanta will have more drive knowing they can secure Europe.

Massive game, reality is Milan should win/dominate this game, I feel it will all come down to mentality.

I actually have Sassuolo pegged as the game Inter win the Scudetto however laughable this comment iswe have to get past Cagliari first who are battling for survival, nothing is easy right now.

Good luck to both teams, its been a great season for both and I am proud of both Milan clubs.

#anyonebutRube
Who said it's laughable? A concrete possibility. I'm really not seeing how we can get through Atalanta and Sassuolo unscathed. Starting with Atalanta today, especially.

Registered
If Leao gets a yellow in this game, Inter wins the scudetto :p

Why not play Krunic? He was very good last game.

Demiral loves these big games but the rest of the Atalanta defensive system is usually out to lunch during the games.
Krunic is now tipped to start, so Kessie to partner Tonali in midfield.

I will be disappointed if the crowd boo Kessie. They need to forget what's happened and focus on the present. Cheer him and whistle Atalanta. Need to be as supportive as possible to ALL players, and as hostile as possible to the opposition.

Registered
They have their whole lives to hate Kessi茅. Booing him the next couple of games would be incredibly stupid.

Registered
2 more games to boo him.
I just hope he is concentrated, focus and remain professional.
Win the scudetto and part way amicably.
All that we ask for.

Registered
Leaders bottling it
If we lose, I don't think we're bottling it. We'd be losing to a very good team who we haven't beaten at home since 2014.

This has always been Inter's scudetto to lose. If they win it is as expected. We were never seen as favourites and have been punching above our weight. If they lose, they have bottled it and let it slip through their fingers (with the Bologna game one of the defining moments if it happens).

Registered
Nesta :love:
How I wish I am there now.
Fantastic atmosphere and there are many Milanlista around the world attending today match. One big family.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts