Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when things couldnt get much tougher, they do... really difficult game in Udine against a team high on confidence (well before their match today).

In some ways I would be happy with a point, but I still want all 3... to move us up the table a little bit and give us some room for optimism. The good thing is the atmosphere in Udine will not be tight and hostile like it has been in Genoa or Siena where the stadium is packed, and the pitch at Udine is normally a pretty nice one to play on... which should be good for our players... however Udinese are in form, so we will need to do the talking on the pitch. I doubt that Spalletti will ever change his tactics by now, but he really should try and play Vucinic next Totti in attack.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Probably no from what I just read, he has some minor muscular problem, but should be OK for the next game against Samp.

Pizarro's out for around 20 days. So we should hope Brighi continues with his fine form.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe this would be a good time to change tactics considering the midfield injuries, 4-4-2.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Udinese is really a difficult opponent to play these days.

Under current circumstances, I say a draw is a niiiiice result for you.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Times are tough, but I think we'll get at least a point from this match. That said, watch Pepe burn us. There's a player who is a great example of a Romanista who moved on and became better while we dilly-dallied with foreign "superstars." Cerci will be another if he ever stays healthy and we keep loaning him.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Gazzetta.it just reported that Aquilani will be out 3 weeks....not a surprise. So Aquilani and Pizarro are out the next 3 weeks leaving just De Rossi and Brighi to play every game as holding mids and Perrotta at trequartista. Hopefully Baptista can return and replace Perrotta.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It clearly means we must change the formation a little. Instead of trying to fit players in the 4-2-3-1 we could easily play a different way.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Agreed.

I don't see why we can't play a (4-4-2):

------------------Doni----------------
Cicinho----Panucci----Juan----Tonetto
Taddei----De Rossi----Brighi-----Menez
---------Totti------------Vucinic------

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indeed I agree with that 4-4-2, maybe Perrotta in Taddei position, depends on the form and fitness.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Agreed.

I don't see why we can't play a (4-4-2):

------------------Doni----------------
Cicinho----Panucci----Juan----Tonetto
Taddei----De Rossi----Brighi-----Menez
---------Totti------------Vucinic------

Because Spall only plays 4-3-2-1? :rollani: :smileani:
Seriously though, really tough game... I hope for the best, but it will be more than difficult...

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Why not? Because that is very attacking with Menez and Taddei on the sides. They do not do much midfield work (well). I think Roma should try the 4-3-3 soon but this is set back by Aquilani and Pizarro's injury. My main focus is to get Perrotta out of the starting line-up but yeah in a 4-4-2 he should probably play.

·
Professional Pirate
7,103 Posts
Lets be real here.The team needs a rotation.This wouldnt have happened to Aquilani if he wasnt played every single game like De Rossi and Vucinic.They arent given enough time to rest and their muscles are giving way especially this early in the season.

If DDR and Vucinic dont get a break VERY soon it will happen to them as well.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Rotation? We've played what, 11 games in total so far. Way too early for the players to get tired. And the squad changes constantly anyway, apart from Doni and Riise nobody has played in all games. True, maybe this is due to injuries and not by choice, but fact is, there's been plenty of rotation.

Aquilani always has been injury prone, no matter how often he's used.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ARTUR
BERTAGNOLI
BRIGHI
CICINHO
DE ROSSI
FILIPE
JUAN
LORIA
MARANGON
MENEZ
MONTELLA
OKAKA
PANUCCI
PERROTTA
PIZARRO
RIISE
TADDEI
TONETTO
TOTTI
VIRGA
VUCINIC

My team:

Doni; Cicinho, Panucci, Juan, Tonetto; Menez, Brighi, De Rossi, Riise; Totti, Vucinic.

Bench: Artur, Loria, Pizarro, Taddei, Perrotta, Montella, Okaka.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
there is no way spalletti will use a formation other than 4-2-3-1 so i predict

--------------- doni ---------------
cicinho --- juan --- panucci --- riise
------- de rossi ----- brighi -------
taddei ------ perrotta ------ vucinic
------------- totti ----------------

1 - 20 of 62 Posts