Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is a massive game for us. Surely one we must not lose. A win would get our season right back on track, a loss could well be devastating. One thing for sure, lets hope De Rossi does not get injured on internatinal duty.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
De Rossi is already injured after the game in Sofia and is doubtful for the game against Montonegro on Wednesday, but I hope he can recover in time for this game because Baptista, Tonetto and Cassetti are out and Totti, if he recovers, will only make the bench.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe its best he misses Montengro (for us, not Italy of course) because that will keep him fresh for this game.

With Tonetto and Cassetti out we already have ready made replacements anyway, and Juan is back I think which is great news.

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
Can't help feeling pessimistic about this match, even if it is being played at home. Is it Sat. or has it been moved to Sun.?
Just hoping for the best, some magic.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunday evening as far as I know and then wednesday I think we play Chelsea in London, so a difficult week ahead. Would be great to start off with at least a point in this next match. A win is possible as Inter are not in great form (despite their ability to grind through matches), but they have better options currently.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Inter will miss Vieira who was the key in their midfield the latest few matches. Not that it means much, they have enough cover for him in Muntari, Cambiasso and J. Zanetti.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Well he does add a lot of flow to their midfield and without him they have none. As was said, Roma will need 'magic' or else a loss is definately certain.

Will Pizarro still be injured? Can we expect?:

Doni; Cicinho, Mexes, Juan, Risse; Aquilani, De Rossi; Taddei, Perrotta, Menez; Vucinic.

I think the pizza midget can help you definately instead of Perrotta.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
Mexes got a red against Siena so you can scratch him. We'll see Loria and Juan at the back:scared:, everything else is what we can expect.

Maybe we'll see a miracle and Spall' will drop Perrotta for Brighi, and push Aquilani upfront, to give more defensive stability to the team.:lazy:

·
Registered
311 Posts
DDR has stated today in the CdS, that he will be fit for the match.
Totti is in high doubt still though working hard.
Conti believes Roma can win and that it will be the turning point - magari!
Personally I am highly doubtfull.
Inter are very strong at the moment and can field a highly competetive team... we on the other hand have our... problemi... :rollani:
Can we win? Why not? Can we loose? Sure.
Everythign is possible in football.
Surely all roman players must go into this match highly motivated.
After all nothing is impossbile... speriamo bene e sempre forza Roma! :strong:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why is Juan on international duty when he has JUST returned from injury :rolleyes: I swear the amount of injuries Juan seems to have after being with Brazil is basically devastating to us.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
The Panucci ban will hurt so much too!

My team (4-3-3):

Doni; Cicinho, Loria, Juan, Riise; Brighi, De Rossi, Aquilani; Taddei, Menez; Vucinic.

Realistic my team (4-2-3-1):

Doni; Cicinho, Loria, Juan, Riise; Brighi, De Rossi; Taddei, Aquilani, Menez; Vucinic.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
A 3-games suspension for Mexes is luidcrous!

There are players going around kicking opponents up in the air and risking casuing serious injury who get one or 2 games, and Mexes does not even commit a foul and protests against the incorrect decision of the referee - and is correctly sent off (he already had a yellow card) under the laws of the game - but a 3-game suspension is incomprehensible. I hope Roma appeals against this injustice.

If there is one thing I hate about Serie A - other than the incompetence and malpractice of the match officials - it is the administration of justice which seems to abandon any logic in applying disciplinary sanctions.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Btw, the referee if the Siena-Roma game was Di Marco, and I knew as soon as I saw his name that we were in for a tough game because I remember his incompetence many times before.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Yeah, the three games is an absolute joke. Fair enough one match because he deserved to be sent and needs to keep his temper in check, but three games? That's very harsh.

Zlatan vs Loria is making me feel uncomfortable. I will be happy with a point here.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts