Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough match as we travel to Tuscany to face Siena in their tiny, but compact stadium. This team is surely starting together some of his confidence and fitness, so a win here would be crucial to keep the moment going before the international break.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
Hope Max will be on the bench for this one, we need him as soon as possible to kick Riise out of the starting eleven...

I would play the same line up like in the CL, just change Brighi for Perrotta and move Aquilani upfront with Vucko,Menez,Taddei.

Julio can be our "Super" sub once again:)

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
so, is Vučinić gonna make it or not? and if not, how screwed are we in your opinions?

IMO Spalletti should give Okaka more chances and much more time, the boy is explosive and could become massive for us. there's no need to shield him as much as we're doing, look at Man U debuting Rafael in an important CL match and it only benefited him.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I think Vucinic will make it. But in case he doesn't I agree, Okaka should be played as striker. If he sucks for a half or so, Montella can always step in.

I expect Spalletti to miss up his starting line up again, although he said again he is going to change his formation. I can see him starting Aquilani next to Derossi with Perrotta in front of them in his 4-1-4-1 variation of his beloved system. Which is really not needed against someone like Seina. Brighi with Derossi with the beast in front of them if he is fit should be the way.

At least he seems convinced that Baptista cannot play on the wings.

If we win we have theoritcal chance to jump to the 4th position with just 3 points from the top, which is really not bad after our dreadful start of the season.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
Can't believe we're losing. :moan:
How are we playing? The formation? Anyone performing good?

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Now wait for them to park the team bus in the 2nd half then score a second on the counter. It will end up 2-0.

Why we always struggle against those ****ers?!

Perrotta I love you, but you have no business staying on the field or starting for that matter.

Good thing is Menez is running the show, awesome ball control and excellent vision. Baptista was decent too.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
We started slowly then we controlled the game and we miss very easy chances especially Perrotta's sitter after Taddei's cross and De Rossi 's one one with Curci but he tried to dribble past him and got all wrong,we play our traditional formation with Bapitista striker supported by Menez,Perrotta and Taddei ( best one for me first half),Aquilani and DDR in the centre.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
We are controlling the game but ineffective in the last 3rd. We should've been up by 2 if it weren't for Perrotta usual wastful self and Derossi complicating an easy ball. Seina have been attacking us on the counter fronm the flanks using the spaces behind Cici and Riise. They've been pretty dangerous doing so, that's why I think they will score a 2nd the same way if Spal doesn't ask his fullbacks not to push forward alot.

We playing a weird formation, something like this:

---------------Doni

Cici--- Mexes--Panucci---Riise

-----Derossi----Aquilani---------

-Taddei---Perrotta-- Baptista--Menez

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
we're playing beautifully and are in control, however I was going to comment between halves that we over commit a little too much in our attacks but Siena showed what I wanted to say in swift counter.

Baptista isn't doing too bad, not spectacular but way above my expectations, so credit where credit is due. I still say, however, that we should've started with him in Perrotta's place and with Okaka as the striker.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Perrotta out, Okaka in. That's how we should start the 2nd half. If we don't score in the first 15 min. One point is the max we can hope for.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
that's a little too desperate and pessimistic, I wouldn't do it now and waist a sub for someone that might or might not impact our play when we're doing fine. it's not like Siena were playing an ultra offensive game in the first half, they actually played counter attack for most of it and we still were the most dangerous side.

a little concentration and belief are all that's needed.

see you after the match.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
How the f**k are we going to score with Perrota being the man finishing all our attacks?

Bring on a proper attacker damn it!

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
As expected Seina playing much better with dangerous counter attacks with us moving ball right and left in Seina's half with no purpose whatsoever.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I swear I might through my remote control on my 40" screen the next time I see Perrotta receive a ball inside the box.

**** you Spalletti and your stupid strikerless 4231 . I am super pissed. We are getting outplayed by freaking Seina.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts