Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Electric blue Circle Midnight Rectangle

So we got our first W. Not without any drama, though. And I predict there will be no shortage of drama vs. Samp.

Possble Starting XI's - plus average ratings (League).

Product Organism Font Rectangle Screenshot

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Slope

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forehead Face Nose Head Chin

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the heir to Sami Khedira is clearly Adrien Rabiot.

No matter his form, no matter what formation Allegri decides on- guaranteed starter is Rabiot. You really love to see it. I hate talking like this, but I hope he doesn't recover from the sore ankle today. Honestly, I'd rather see a half-baked Aaron Ramsey at this point.

Dybala - Morata should be starters up front, then introduce Kean in the 2nd half.

I think Juve need to consistently put out their best XI's - meaning guaranteed starts for the De Ligt's, Chiesa's, Morata's, Locatelli's, Cuadrado's, and Dybala's. Gain some momentum, work for those W's, then start tinkering with the squad with your De Sciglio's, or Weston's, or Kean's etc.

Honestly, I'd prioritize Serie A for now- gradually get the squad to gel, re-establish the winning mentality, take that into the CL group stage where you have some room to tinker (play it safe vs. Chelsea though, not really the game to experiment) - and you'll have some sense of balance within the squad.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I swear it's like my prayers were answered. This is pretty much the best XI that Allegri could put out. No disrespect to Chiellini, but it's 2021 now...and he's not peak Chiellini 2010~2017.

Normally I'd usually say Szczeszny > Any GK Juve have. But for now- I'm happy he's giving Perin a shot. Will probably a mini-derby della lanterna between him (ex Genoa) and Sampdoria.

Anyway, this is the best we have so far. If this XI can't get the job done, at home no less, then I really don't know what to say.

Now watch Quagliarella - Caputo link up like they're Dwight Yorke-Andy Cole.:rolleyes:

Font Grass Terrestrial plant Communication Device Sports equipment

·
Registered
259 Posts
Now watch Quagliarella - Caputo link up like they're Dwight Yorke-Andy Cole.:rolleyes:
Haha, I wish...

How bad is Dybala injury? He seems to be crying while leaving the field.
He was crying

Was that really a penalty? I think it was a 50-50, which means that the referee's decision is determined by the shirt color.
Black and white? Penalty.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I wish...

He was crying

Was that really a penalty? I think it was a 50-50, which means that the referee's decision is determined by the shirt color.
Black and white? Penalty.
Are we still doing this in 2021? Calciopoli happened, we lost the league last year, we're sh*t this year (except for today tbh lol), VAR is there, where was the referee help in not disallowing Cristiano's final Juventus goal vs. Udinese? Seriously bro, you wanna do this? We can lay out all the facts.

Being anti-Juve is one thing, and that's fine, beating a dead horse and disregarding the facts, is another thing. 🤡

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh ffs, can we not concede for once?

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How bad is Dybala injury? He seems to be crying while leaving the field.
The fact that he cried while walking off probably means it's gonna be a bad one. And he's definitely missing the big Chelsea CL game.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's like Candreva's goal, mirrored Locatelli's goal. Very similar-ish goals on either side of the pitch.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Are we still doing this in 2021? Calciopoli happened, we lost the league last year, we're sh*t this year (except for today tbh lol), VAR is there, where was the referee help in not disallowing Cristiano's final Juventus goal vs. Udinese? Seriously bro, you wanna do this? We can lay out all the facts.

Being anti-Juve is one thing, and that's fine, beating a dead horse and disregarding the facts, is another thing. 🤡
It has nothing to do with Calciopoli. In soccer, the referees are biased towards the big teams - in Spain, Italy, UEFA club competitions, World Cup Qualifiers, it's the same here in Israel. That's just the way it is. Real Madrid will get the close calls against Rayo Vallecano, Maccabi Tel Aviv will get them against Hapoel Beit She'an and Juve will get them against Sampdoria.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly, even in the EPL it's the same: The ball-to-hand / hand-to-ball never-ending-debate - when is it a penalty call?

I've seen both called either way, doesn't matter which team it is.

And the main problem is not the actual call, it's the referees not coming out and doing interviews and telling us what the exact rules or criteria for calling PK's are. That way us fans, the media, and the players/managers will be aware of what get's called or not (not just hand-balls, other types of interventions whether outside the box, or inside).

But as long as they're (the refs, the FA) are silent over this, we will never get answers.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
How do our defenders have such high average ratings when we keep conceding goals like there's no tomorrow?

And once again, Dybala finally starts to gain form then gets injured again. The guy can't stay fit, this is why i was one of the people for that Lukaku-Dybala swap, half the the time the guy is on the treatment table and not on the pitch. What good is that to anyone?

Cheslea is going to be a disaster, both Dybala and Morata out.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts