Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get back on our feet after Manchester disaster!

Gazzetta website predicts something like this:

------------Borri--------------
----------------------Hunter--
Dinho-------------------------
-------------------------------
-----------Seedorf------------
-----Pirlo-----------Gattuso---
-------------------------------
Zamba---Ambro--Silva---Abate
------------------------------
------------Abbiati------------

Match will be played Sunday 14th, 20:45 local time.

Forza Milan!

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
i have to get used to seeing amro in his new position :doh:

·
Registered
378 Posts
i have gotten used to not seeing Flamini in a starting position. I'm not sure but I don't think that he's disqualified for this match.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have gotten used to not seeing Flamini in a starting position. I'm not sure but I don't think that he's disqualified for this match.
Yeah he is able to play. Shouldn't be too hard to find him in bench. Again :moan:.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
The expected formations according to La Gazzetta dello Sport:

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Capo, where do you always take those? Does Gazzetta have some sort of chargeable web edition where you can read the paper?

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Flamini should really play. He has been easily better than Ambrosini and Gattuso lately.

·
Registered
43,402 Posts
i hope Leo continues playing Hunt and Bori together while Pato is out. I hope Leo doesn't get scared from the ManU fiasco and doesn't try to be somebody else, i.e. he stays truthful to his attacking credo. I also hope he learns his lessons, tactically and psychologically, and becomes a better coach.

We must get the 3 points there, ideally, with ease and a lot of goals. Crucially important game from a psychological point of you for Leo and the team.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
So, back to business after the mid-week training match.

3 points is a must but I have a feeling it'll be very difficult, first of all because of the psychological blow of Old Trafford but also because of too many injuries to important players.

Forza Milan. Don't give up now! We still have a small chance of winning the sweetest scudetto ever and have the obligation to go for it. Of course Hunter and/or Borriello have to be much more cynical than recently.

·
Registered
15,677 Posts
Difficult to tell how much of a psychological blow the CL defeat will be. Personally I feel that there's no reason why it should have an effect. There was already a disappointment following the first leg but we still played our football. Going into the second leg the players probably were already getting into the mindset of "one competition, one goal to focus on" so Serie A is all that really mattered.

Injuries are an issue but with Gazzetta's proposed line-up we have enough quality to secure all three points. It's time for Milan to bounce back and re-focus. I want to see a new determination in the players. We often do well in Spring so let's finish the season strongly.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Difficult to tell how much of a psychological blow the CL defeat will be. Personally I feel that there's no reason why it should have an effect.
I agree completely. To me we lost the 1/8 final not Wednesday but three weeks ago. Since then we've won 3 (two of them difficult away matches) and drawn one (against a team which hasn't lost in the league for months). That's why I was not even that disappointed after Old Trafford. Sadly, I have a feeling that the players and the club do not feel the same way. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

Contrary to people like EK, who think this season is worse than 07/08, because of the derby defeats and because of the much-talked about Manchester matches, I personally don't give a sh't what the mainstream football fan says about Milan and I'm pretty enthusiastic about what we're doing this season. So we lost against Inter and United, two much better teams on paper, but we have found consistency and have played some amazing football at times. Those ingredients can win championships.

Let me finally add that the Chl. defeat could become a blessing in disguise, especially if Inter makes it through against Chelsea.

Then again, I've always thought of the league as more important than Champions League. Even with the poor state of Serie A, I feel the same way.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
No way this season is worse than 07-08. That year we were defending CL champs and people expected great things and we were pretty much crap. This season we expecting nothing, started the season like garbage and then managed to make hte knockout stages of the CL and are 4 points off the scudetto chase. Not too shabby, actually. Not classic Milan, but comparing this team to any of our good ones is ridiculous.

·
Scudetto
23,377 Posts

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Dae said:
No way this season is worse than 07-08. That year we were defending CL champs and people expected great things and we were pretty much crap. This season we expecting nothing, started the season like garbage and then managed to make hte knockout stages of the CL and are 4 points off the scudetto chase. Not too shabby, actually. Not classic Milan, but comparing this team to any of our good ones is ridiculous.
Exactly. This is the Milan which ended 5th and 3rd respectively the last 2 seasons, which sold its best player without reinforcing, which has only grown older. I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if we'd been a mid-table team by now.

Imho, even if naturally he still has a lot to learn, what Leonardo has done this season is nothing less than extraordinary.

Give the guy a few more class players, and he'll make us a title-winning side.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Imho, even if naturally he still has a lot to learn, what Leonardo has done this season is nothing less than extraordinary.

It really is. This season will not be remembered in hte great history of Milan, but if we push Inter to the end of the season it will definitely be worth a footnote. For a rookie coach, who after a few weeks was already hearing the calls for his head (football fans and press are so reactionary its disgusting sometimes) to turn the season around and even put his own style on the pitch says a lot. He's had enough guts to try different formations and put players in new positions...some I think are odd choices but I respect the courage........

At this point, Leo deserves a 7 or 8 out of ten. Winning anything in these conditions would be a 10 point heroic action.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Leo has the potential to become a World Class manager, if he is given the right squad.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Was also impressed with the character he showed when he was criticized by the owner. It takes a lot of balls.

But I would like to add that the management keeps surprising me positively with its choices of coaches.

Sacchi, Capello, Zaccheroni, Ancelotti and now Leonardo. All coaches who had won no important titles, some even without any coaching experience, before taking over at Milan.

Which other club can say the same thing? Berlu, Galliano et al. may not be what they were, but some vision remains.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Yeah, while Real Madrid look for managers that have won CL, we make'em :proud:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
And with even just a resonable budget we can still scout and get good young players to build a team with a little senior talent. IT will not be the Milan of old where we decide who we want and get them, but in reality only a few clubs can do that anymore and the rest actually have to use scouts and player assessments and so on.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Arsenal fetish :groan:

1 - 20 of 407 Posts