Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm a bit cautious going into this one. Although we haven't lost in 8, Cagliari can be dangerous at home and we could be getting a little overconfident. Still, I'm hoping for a win and that's definitely a realistic expectation, but of course I also wouldn't be surprised at a draw. We have a tough match against Milan after this one, so it would be good to go into this on a high. We actually beat Cagliari at home 2-0, one of our few wins of the season, so it would be nice to do the double against at least one team. (In fact, it is the only team that we can actually do the double against this season.) Last season's corresponding fixture ended 0-0 with a number of goalkeeping heroics from Abbiati. Hopefully we see the same kind of solid keeping from Sereni (though obviously I hope he doesn't get tested nearly as much as Abbiati did).

Gazzetta's projected lineup:

Rosina-Stellone
Lazetic-Barone-Grella-Diana
M. Pisano-Natali-Di Loreto-Comotto
Sereni​

Bench: Fontana, Motta, Dellafiore, Corini, Di Michele, Lanna, Ventola

Recoba is sick and doubtful while Zanetti is still injured. Barring that we have a completely fit squad. I don't think we've been this fit for a long time, which is nice. I'm still apprehensive about playing Rosina up front and last week still has me convinced that Novellino doesn't know quite how to use him.

Cagliari are missing Davide Marchini and Rijat Shala, but other than that are fully fit. They are expected to lineup as follows:

Acquafresca-Matri
Cossu
Fini-Conti-Parola
Agostini-Bianco-Lopez-F. Pisano
Storari​

Bench: Capecchi, Canini, Del Grosso, Biondini, Foggia, Jeda, Larrivey

We definitely look better on paper, but we have to be very tight on defense. Their attack is the strong point, with Acquafresca and Matri starting up front with two dangerous attacking players, Foggia and Jeda off the bench. I think we can give them alot of trouble on the flanks with Diana and Lazetic plus Rosina dropping out wide. I'm a bit wary of giving Rosina a free role, as he can excel there but also tends to be selfish at times. Still, allowing him to run at will against Cagliari's defense and shoot at Storari could definitely see him getting a goal and/or an assist. We'll just have to see.

FORZA TORO! :devil:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Portieri: Fontana, Sereni

Difensori: Comotto, Dellafiore, Di Loreto, Franceschini, Lanna, Motta, Natali.

Centrocampisti: Kwadwo Asamoah (n. 24), Barone, Bottone, Corini, Diana, Lazetic, Rosina.

Attaccanti: Di Michele, Malonga, Stellone, Ventola.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disgusting, really. Cagliari's penalty was an awful call though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts