Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my friends, time to forget about Europe and start concentrating on the all important 4th spot.

We take on Empoli, who earlier in the season had beaten us 1-0 at the San Siro.

This will no doubt be a tough match and will of course be happy with a 1-0 victory.

My line up:

Kalac

Oddo-Bonera-Kaladze-Favalli

Ambrosini-Pirlo-Gourcuff

Kaká

Pato-Gilardino​

Gattuso is banned for the match by the way. Nesta and Seedorf are apparently still not ready but Seedorf could be on the bench.

Fiorentina face a similarly tricky game away at Siena so I hope they slip up.

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very important match! I hope Milan put the CL loss behind them, show a lot of spirit and give a good performance to boost the morale. This will be like turning a new leaf and hopefully they start with the right leg.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Oh, yes season not over yet :D

Forza Milan!

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Having in mind that Juve are away to Genoa and Fio are away to Sienna (plus Fio had a game on Thursday v everton), it becomes a very important round indeed. If thinsg go wrong, we can open a gap of as much as 7/8 points to top 4. If they go extremely well, we could be only a point behind 4th. :cool:

gazzetta line up right now:

16 Kalac
44 Oddo 25 Bonera 4 Kaladze 19 Favalli
23 Ambrosini 21 Pirlo20 Gourcuff22 Kakà
7 Pato 11 Gilardino​

They have also Favali 51% and Paolo :proud: 49%
Yoann 60%, Seedorf 40% to start

The interesting thing is that CdS has exactly the same formation, which I think is quite rare for a Friday morning. Paloschi is on the bench. Janku, Seedorf, Brochi, cafu, Serg, Dida are injured according to CdS.

·
Registered
12,526 Posts
From now on we should always play the best team.

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Janku/Maldini
Gattuso/Ambro-Pirlo-Seedorf/Gourcuff
Kaka
Pato-R99:)/Pippo/Gila

·
Scudetto
23,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, then we can really test the notion "Ronaldo with one leg is still better than Gilardino" :pp

·
Scudetto
23,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Sun (how reliable are they?) says that Braida held meetings with Drogba's representatives on Wednesday in Italy.

He will cost €20m.

Good deal if we can pull it off.

I can't believe we are actually linked with Adebayor. What an average player..

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
The Sun (how reliable are they?) says that Braida held meetings with Drogba's representatives on Wednesday in Italy.

He will cost €20m.

Good deal if we can pull it off.

I can't believe we are actually linked with Adebayor. What an average player..
Look at our squad. He's not worse than most of the current players.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't think Adebayor is average it all, he has already proven to be a good striker and a handful to any defense with his strong physical presence. I think as he grows he'll become even better, more consistent and maybe even a top 5 striker who knows.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Don't think he's become a top 5 striker, but definetely useful for any team.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
20 Mio for the beast would be cheap, but the russian peasant will be cheaper, so Berlu will be probably going for him ;) After all, he is only 90th or something in the list of the world's most wealthy men in the new forbes list, he has to save a bit of money.
On a serious note, we wont see any deals concluded before the end of the election in April anyway.

On a different note, that's the match thread for the Empoli one, we got enough threads discussing the future and transfers of Milan.

Galliani said there are 12 finals left. True, we need to try to win each of them. Considering that next week we will face Roma (I wished we would have faced them after their first quarter final leg) which will probably see us with 0 pts, Empoli is a must win, otherwise we can hope for the traitor scoring a hattrick against Anderlecht in the Uefa Cup quarters rather than the beast tanking his way through the defenders of our CL opponents.

·
Scudetto
23,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually posted that in the wrong thread and you all are replying to it :D

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
WE MUST WIN!!! nothing short, from now on, we must blow apart each and every team in front us, we still have Roma and Juve to think about! :stress:

1 - 20 of 211 Posts