AbuGadanzieri said:
what you think
please discuss motherfuckers

The expected formations according to La Gazzetta dello Sport:

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
We definitely should start with the strongest 11 for this match and then give the youngsters of the primavera a chance in the unimportant midweek match in Manchester.

Atalanta could be a lot more difficult than some may expect.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
The Man Utd game is March the 10th. We don't have any midweek games, the only reason Leo wants to bench some of our starters is because they are running the risk of being suspended against Roma.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Well yeah we should go with the strongest 11 minus Thiago Silva and Gattuso. Silva especially can't miss the Roma game. It would be so typical of us to lose points against Atalanta though, but I'm optimistic.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Hopefully Gattuso gets a yellow this week.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Definately rest Silva then. Can't afford to not have him for Roma. Bonera should be able to step into his role, with Jankulovski at left back.

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts
Gazzetta today:

Abbiati

Bonera-Nesta-Favalli-Jankulovski

Beckham-Pirlo-Ambrosini

Pato-Borriello-Ronaldinho​

They have so many doubts though:

Favalli 60%-40% T. Silva,
Beckham 60%-40% Gattuso,
Beckham 60%-40% Abate,
Jankulovski 60%-40% Zambrotta.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Atalanta caused us a lot of problems when we played them away. Since then we're a completely different team and it would be a disappointment not to pick up all three points.

A little rotation makes sense - Favalli and Jankulovski should certainly start. Marek deserves to play considering his recent contributions - you can tell that Ronaldinho is more comfortable with his overlapping runs than with the little Bonera provides. Hopefully Favalli can have a solid game that's reminiscent of what he offered us under Ancelotti. However, a backline of Abate - Nesta - Bonera - Jankulovski also makes sense.

The crucial element is the third midfielder. Pirlo and Ambrosini consistently hold up their end of the bargain but the 3rd mid doesn't. Beckham and Gattuso just are not good enough and the team are carrying them. Beckham's extra technical quality means he should get the nod.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Hopefully Gattuso gets a yellow this week.

I endorse your above statement, Doctor;), despite the full respect to Rino and all his contribution over the years,

I'd much prefer Flamini to start against Roma, which would not happen unless Rino is unavailable for the match...:cry: Only way it could happen is that Rino picks up a yellow and got suspended against Roma, then Flamini would have a chance. That's why I am 100% for starting Gattuso against Atalanta, as weird as it sounds. ;)

Considering Flamini is suspended this weekend and T.Silva one match away from suspension :)scared:we need him badly against Roma), and news from acmilan.com that both Mancini and Zambrotta have returned to the squad from injury, I propose the following lineup for this weekend:

Atalanta vs. Milan:

---------------------Abbiati------------------------

Abate--------Nesta---------Bonera-------Jankulovski

----------HAM-------Gattuso-------Pirlo------------

-----Pato------------Borriello-----------Ronaldinho--

Bench:

-Dida
-Favalli/Thiago
-Zambrotta/Oddo
-Ambrosini (injured last match, better rest a bit for cautious purpose)
-Mancini
-Huntelaar
-SuperPippo

I'd prefer playing and exhausting Beckham in these ''easier'' games than leaving him fresh for the game that matters (Roma, United).

Ambrosini was injured against Fiorentina, although he's fine now (news from acmilan.com), I'd rather be cautious:stress:. Captaino Ambro has been in great form this season, and we need him fresh for the important games.

Zambrotta is back, but clearly he won't be 100% fit yet. Jankulovski has slowly regained form and despite his defensive fragilities and shortcomings, at this moment he's still a better Left Back than either Bonera or Favalli. Our 2 LBs are of course Antonini and Zamba, when they are fit.:cool:

Pippo to come on as sub, please. :groan: We need to slowly get him involved to improve his form and start against United.:strong: Period. :stuckup:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The probable line-ups according to La Gazzetta dello Sport:

1 - 20 of 236 Posts