Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though away match, this will be a good test for our guys...

Motta will most likely start his first match for Roma, Aquilani is doubtful for this one (some injury again:lazy:)...
The most important thing in this match will be that we take this game seriously from the first minute, no daydreaming

We need the 3 points, Forza ROMA:heart:

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gazzetta dello sport has this line up:

Doni, Motta, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto, Perrotta, De Rossi, Brighi, Pizzaro, Totti, Vucinic

Bench: Arthur, Loria, Diamoutene, Filipe, Bertolacci, Montella, Baptista

Atalanta are playing they're typical 4-4-1-1 with Floccari upfront and Doni behind him.

Forza ROMA!

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Really a shame for the World champion country to have such football fields and one of the best 3 leagues in the world to played in this shitty field.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Tough game as expected. We were under pressure and created nothing until about the last 10 of the games. Our midfield is not creating anything going forward but somehow covering well in the back.

Motta was realy impressive again.

Don't know if Baptista can ass anything, Menez would've been useful today.

Fiorentina losing so is Juve, Not bad results. We need to do our part and win here. Forza!

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Absolutely disgusting that Doni should be permitted to waltz down the left like that! My God, he could have had a cup of tea while going to the net. Genoa playing like a CL club right now. We are playing like the posers we are.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
3-0

You know that after a couple of convicing wins that we are gonan f**k it up in the next away game to a crappy field.

Only Roma can collapse like this.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's harsh to point on Spall' for this defeat. He fielded a good team, but they just didn't show up... (They like to do that, it became some kind of a ritual for them:yuck:).
I accepted that Spall' isn't a coach that shouts allot, but I don't accept that NO ONE on the damn field is showing some spirit or tries to lift the team.
They just accept it, pull the head down, and try to manage the damage to a minimum till the end...
Fiorentina are fighting for 3-3 as i speak, and we lost this one already in the first half when the result was 0-0:yuck:

Correction Viola got the 3:3... :rollani:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Spalletti doesn't seem to learn that the most dangerous period of the game is after you score or concede, it is the time when emotions takes over your concentration. Instead of trying to cool things and re group we always have a prisk reflex like a small child hitting back. It happened in Manchester, it happened here. And will continue to happen it seems.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Sometimes Spalletti logic makes me nauseated:

“Just like at Catania we return home without points, but in between those two defeats were seven games and so it is only normal we’d have a bit of a blip.

“I absolutely do not blame my players, because I think what happened today was normal. In the first half we were below par, but created a couple of chances we could’ve done better on.

“In four years of working in Rome it has already happened that after some positive results we lose sight of reality.

“For days there has been talk of second place, but Juventus are very far away. This is what comes from not paying attention to what is in front of us. I can’t change this tendency, as it depends on many factors.”

No wonder we lose if the coach knows the problem well and can't fix it, but above all thinks it is normal and expected.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
He's right though - as soon as there is some positive press, as soon as the players start talking about second place objectives and how our form is good etc. we crumble and lose a match like this.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
If we had won - which we never stood a chance of because we played even worse than Atalanta who were mediocre themselves - we'd be -4 on Juve in 2nd place, hardly "“very far away," as Spalletti said.

He really is annoying as a coach, excusing such a pathetic performance. I wodner what they do all week in Trigoria. They're useless, the lot of them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts