1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Big game. FORZA ROMA. If we do it we can go 6 pts behind Fiorentina with a game in hand.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Fiorentina has a terrible defence, I think you should be able win this game.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
That is what I am hopign we can exploit. Frey and Gamberini excepted, they do not seem as secure as they used to be in defence. Also Danielli and Comotto are missing.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Dainelli missing is bad for us, since he's a joke of a defender.

Crucial match, a win here would really put us back in the running for CL places. It would be tough though.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
Indisponibili: Aquilani, Okaka, Panucci, Pizarro, Bertagnoli, Tonetto.

Does this mean that Riise will start on the LB? :nervous::stress:

Or will Spall' go for Cassetti (LB) - Cicinho (RB) ?

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
HUGE win! None other than Il Capitano gives us the 1-0 win over Fiorentina.

Mexes suffered a head injury in the 2nd half and Loria had to replace him. Doni made some crucial saves and we got the 3 points.

We can talk about the diamond midfield, the emergence of Brighi, etc etc....fact of the matter is when Totti got healthy and back to form...scoring goals and making plays....we've started to win again. We are so dependent on him, its down right scary.

But nonetheless....great victory....GRAZE RAGAZZI!!!

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Awesome game of football, end to end stuff throughout, plenty of chances for both teams. Great to see Roma finally play exciting to watch football even with Pizarro and Aquilani out. Totti being back in form makes a huge difference. Vucinic's also did some magical stuff and was unlucky not to score.

Even Riise was decent for once.

Kudos to Fiorentina too, they played attacking game and had plenty of chances.

Let's hope Mexes is OK, we really need him.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I'm sure Mexes suffered a slight concussion (hit the back of his head on the turf but continued for a few minutes), so he should be rested at Chievo on Saturday and we must try to have him ready for next Tuesday's clash with Bordeaux.

Hard to believe that after such a disasterous start to the season we are just 7 points behind 4th place and we have a game in hand. Assuming a home win vs Sampdoria, we are just 4 pts away from a CL spot.

·
Registered
45,385 Posts
Congratulations, guys. Well played. :thumbsup:

I like Fiorentina too though. Montolivo being my favourite player of theirs.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
A very good win... where are all the posts people? Do we need to lose for people to bother to post in here? :D

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I believe we've lost posters for many reasons...I'll refrain from giving my opinions. And the losing keeps the bandwagoners away.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
I have exams these days so i am not posting ,but anyway good win i only saw short highlights for the game and it seemed very close between us and fiorentina,Doni made a crucial save in the last minute and great to see Totti score again.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I have been on call this weekend so only watched the highlights. Great game from Totti it seems, but what even more impressive was the desirer in the players eyes. Taddie the worst player yet created 2 goals in the last two games. Baptista is just a monster. Riise is showing some improvement. Let's hope the trend continues.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
G012...now that we are playing a (4-3-1-2) and Totti, Baptista, and Vucinic are all being played at the correct positions, why do you continue to be "a passionate hater of Spaletti's tactics" and continue with the "Vucinic is not a winger" etc etc.??

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Well largely becuase I am too lazy to change it. :pp

and also becuase I need more thna just 4 games to be convinced, same when I waited for two seasons before I put that siggy there. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts