Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only a few hours away from kick-off and no thread has been posted in this forum regarding the game. :lazy: :eekani: :rollani:

I don't blame anyone for not being particularly interested, especially considering the brand of football we have been playing lately. :yuck: :moan: :irritate:

I believe we still have an unbeaten home record that we need to preserve, and it would be a real shame if Fiorentina were the ones to bring that proud record to an end.

Of course we will be playing a 4-4-2. :googly: :doh:

Del Piero should definitely start this game if he is fit enough. There are also fitness concerns regarding Trezeguet so it is possible that we might see a front two of Zala and Ibra. I personally would opt for a Zala-Mutu tandem in attack if both Del Piero and Trezeguet are unfit to start. Ibrahimobitch needs to warm the bench as his form has been abysmal, and his work rate and effort have been n/a.

In defence Canna is suspended so we will have to go with Kovac and Thuram which is great, considering that Kovac "can pass the ball more accuratley and quickly to the front two." Zebina and Zambrotta will probably be the two fullbacks although I would put in Balzaretti as Zebina has done f**k all of late and like Zlatan, deserves to spend time on the bench. No heart, grit, or determination whatsoever.

In midfield the usual suspects occupy the 4 slots; so it's Emerson, Vieira, Camo, and Nedved. Do we have any other option?! :googly: :stress: :rollani:

I am hoping we can win this one but there is a possibility the fans will be against us (they threatened to even boycott the Scudetto celebrations!!!) and hence the probability that this could feel like an away game!!! :dazed: :stress: :googly: :scared: :eekani: :nervous: :moan: :wallbang:

I hope the players can bounce back from the disappointment of being eliminated from the CL and put in a solid performance. However, I have a feeling that we are not going to win this game as Fiorentina are really hungry for that 4'th spot and our players have reached the limit of their physical and possibly mental capabilities as far as this season is concerned. I predict a 0-0 or 1-1 (at best!!!)

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
CUG said:
surely we must be able to score after not scoring in the last 3 games.

Well, considering we didn't score against a poor Treviso team, I wouldn't put it past them. I wouldn't be so concerned if we were actually creating some good chances. :irritate:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
let's just have a friendly game folks :D

4-5
Trezeguet 3x
Del Piero 1x

Toni 4x
Pazzini 1x

;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Balzaretti shud definately start ahead of Zeberdee. Wud be a disgrace if Zeberdee n Camo play at all agen. Shud oth be subbed and transfer listed.
Canna is suspended so we will have to go with Kovac and Thuram which is great, considering that Kovac "can pass the ball more accuratley and quickly to the front two."
......... I do hope that you were being sarcastic ther Bianconeri81! To say that Kovac has better distribution thn Cannavaro wud be an utter sin.
FORZA JUVE

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for waking up in the second half!!! What has happened to Juventus? Despite never wanting them to win (Sorry) I could at least see how they did earlier in the season.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We did good in the 2nd half...
Del Piero :cry: i wish he was in the arsenal game...ibrahimovic is annoying me...how many chances he needs to score :|

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
So... in the end we could have easily won, but Vieira hit the triangle with a header, Zlatan missed a 100% and we squandered two almost 100% chances by having no clue.

Overall we won a point we didn't deserve, but going by the last half hour we should have gotten three.

In the entire game, we didn't have one single attack that wasn't absolutely obvious in every way.

Zebina, Kovac, Thuram, Gianni, Blasi, Nedved, Camoranesi, Zlatan were all absolutely awful. After 30 shocking opening minutes Vieira played a better than average game.
Zambro was OK, so was Mutu after coming on, Del Piero by far our most dangerous man and Abbiati was great.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Capello tried really hard to lose the game by inserting Blasi and replacing Del Piero with Zalayeta but thankfully he failed. ;)

Where were Trez and Emerson, damn it? What were they rested for, the summer break or next year's CL?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts