Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a long shot, but if I don't try it now I know I'll never die a peaceful man.. :doh:

For calcio watches in the 1990s: do you remember this gorgeous 1 hour weekly highlights show in English where they used to devote the first half an hour to the Match of the Day (typically Juventus vs Inter or something like that), then the next half an hour to the remaining 8 matches? For every match highlight it would first show a blue and white still of the match in progress, proceed to show all the highlights, then still the image again in blue and white. The ending of the highlights show always had a story or a dramatic incident within the week's matches to leave the audiences to ponder on something when the show closes, a very fitting finale to a terrific highlights show. They don't make highlight shows like this anymore..

The running commentary/main show presenter was British commentator Martin Tyler behind a beautiful soundtrack.

My question: What is the name of that soundtrack and where could I get it from? I miss it a lot. :scared:

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Apart from Rai's 90 Minuto/DS and Mediaset's Contro Campo those are the shows I watched from the early 90s till today... however, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.

Since you mentioned that it's in English, any chance it may be part of the Channel 4 network?

Sounds interesting though. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts