Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
47,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look at the table: all Seven Sisters are back at the top like it used to be in late90s/early 00s. Plus Napoli, another club with rich history. When it comes to competitiveness then maybe Serie A soon returns to the unpredictability of the old days. Even if the quality and world class players are not there.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I agree to some extent but Juve is head and shoulder above the rest, and will be for quite some time. Maybe Roma, who finally seem to have started building solid foundation, will manage to catch up in the coming years. Fiorentina has a nice project too, as long they manage to keep Montella. Napoli are solid but not sure how long they can hold on to Cavani, without him they become very mediocre. Lazio year is a fluke and soon they will go back to where they belong. Milan's and Inter's situation is simply sad, but personally don't mind it.

So yeah definitely way better than recent years but not even close to how ti was in the 90's

·
1st Tier Poster
47,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree to some extent but Juve is head and shoulder above the rest, and will be for quite some time. Maybe Roma, who finally seem to have started building solid foundation, will manage to catch up in the coming years. Fiorentina has a nice project too, as long they manage to keep Montella. Napoli are solid but not sure how long they can hold on to Cavani, without him they become very mediocre. Lazio year is a fluke and soon they will go back to where they belong. Milan's and Inter's situation is simply sad, but personally don't mind it.

So yeah definitely way better than recent years but not even close to how ti was in the 90's
That's what people thought about Inter too but their empire collapsed immediately after Mourinho left. We never know what happens next season.

·
Registered
23,825 Posts
Milan's and Inter's situation is simply sad, but personally don't mind it.
what happened to our team from last season could be said to be sad, but overall we are rebuilding.

I can see us back in not to many years. As long as we keep on the same project.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Rebuilding? Have you checked your squad age recently? Other than El shaarawy and the average De Sciglio what rebuilding have you done?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Indeed I thought this before. Milan are in transition and yeah they lowered the squad age, but it's hardly a young team and a lot of signings seem more stop-gap than potential growth ones.

·
Registered
29,179 Posts
Yeah, replacing old has-beens with young nobodies is hardly rebuilding. :D

You never know what happens, but it's hard to see the current Juve management pulling the plug quite so dramatically as Moratti actually did after the treble (which he had every right to do really). Different setup.

·
Registered
23,825 Posts
Rebuilding? Have you checked your squad age recently? Other than El shaarawy and the average De Sciglio what rebuilding have you done?
Since some players are still on loan you can question that... but it is the same with Roma.

ElSha, DeSci, Boateng, Acerbi, Niang, Zapata, Emanuelson, Constant are all young. Not all are great, but that is what happens when you bring in younger players, some really pan out better than others. The star ElSha was questioned by most people just half a year ago. That is not mentioning youth players we brought in.

For next year Saponara. Most rumours and talk is about young players.

ps. Have YOU checked our squad age? It is much younger than last season. I am talking about more than a year younger, despite the fact all that stayed since last year obviously is a year older.

·
Registered
23,825 Posts
Indeed I thought this before. Milan are in transition and yeah they lowered the squad age, but it's hardly a young team and a lot of signings seem more stop-gap than potential growth ones.
We all complained about the mediocre 27 year olds, mainly for midfield. don't stop us from rebuilding. If you don't think we have a young team then you clearly just don't know. Mexes was our only outfield player over 30 last game, with two teens starting. (Could have been three with DeSci)

Sure, it would have looked much better if we kept Zlatan and Silva DOH!!! But we sold them and took in a bunch of free players to fill out the squad. But keeping great players to have with the younger outlook of the team would not have made it more of a rebuilding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts