Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
..the schedule till the end of the season.

Home against Inter seems to be the only difficult game left for us. Few tricky away games await inter. On the other hand Milan's schedule is the most difficult. The last 5 games for them are very tough and for sure they will drop more than three points. I expect us to finish 2nd if everybody stays healthy.

(shaded boxes for away games)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Every game will be difficult. Even next week at Livorno.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
but, we have an almost full squad back and they don't have to play twice a week every week. and gauging by our previous encounters and hoping that we've hit our snag and should be back on form, we could expect to win 9 out of the 11 matches.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-4 this weekend? If we blew it, I want this thread to be deleted and I want a medicine that can make me care less about Roma and football in general.

Inter still have to play Palermo away next week. The chances of them dropping more points are very likely. I am going the Chesea game hoping Inter can make it. I belive the recent huge drop in their form is due to CL distractions. I can see them going downhell further if they make it to the QF.

..or maybe cheering for them against Chelsea is not a wise idea, considering my good charm and all they will probably lose badly if I do so.

Milan on the other hand lost Nesta with recent reports suggesting that he has a tear of one of his knee tendons and needs surgery. Can end up out till summer or forever if that's true. They have struggled badly almost everytime without him.

Totti should be back in couple of weeks and if everybody stays healthy then who knows.. I don't want to jinx anything so i'll stop talking. We should just think about ourselves from now on. Every game is a final.

However as we know all this could very much end on Sunday when we choke again.. :groan:

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
We'll probably lose against Livorno and close this race as soon as it opened.

In saying that, we do have a very good chance looking at that draw.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
roma have the best schedule out of the 3 teams no doubt, but also have the most points to make up... Anyway just beat Inter and we can take it from there :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Roma doesnt have the mental composure to win the league with this current squad. Too many players, who even may be top class, who implode in the important moments.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roma doesnt have the mental composure to win the league with this current squad. Too many players, who even may be top class, who implode in the important moments.
I kinda believe in this, it happend too many times to be jsut a coincidence or bad luck. Not so long ago aslo against Livorno as well in 2008 when we let in that stupid goal in the 84 minute at home losing two vital points that could've sealed the scudetto later on.

And today I was actually more reminded about that reality when we brought in Cerci to save the day. A player of his caliber is our super sub in a title race. Unfair. :howler:

..regardless of what happens in the later weeks. It is impreeive to actually be at this stage discussing scudetto after the horrible start of the season. If someone told me in Novemeber that we will be 6 points away from Inter with 10 rounds to go and a game against them i nthe Olimpico I would call him crazy and laugh at his face.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Cerci is hardly a super sub, more so a young player with raw potential. He probably needs at least another loan move where he plays more often. Unfortunate for him that so far in his loan moves he has picked up big injuries. He has talent though and could be a late bloomer in his career, but maybe not at Roma.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing against Cerci of course, although he is 22 so he should've showed some signs of growth and maturity by now at least. It is just to show the quality of this squad when it comes to player who can make a difference. While Inter have Pandev, Eto and even Quaresma to bring in when they are chasing a goal today we had to deal with Cerci or Baptista.

Only chance for us to stay competetive is if our first team players stay fit long enough or at least not get injured all at once. Missing both Vucinic and Totti today or JS, Toni and Pizarro the other week doesn't really help.

Aslo speaking of that.. Pizarro, Mexes and Taddeil are all suspended next week for yellow cards. What are the chances that all their yellows accumlated for the suspension to happen in the same freaking game?! It is like the gods of Calcio do that on purpose.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I never believed we had a real chance anyway, so I am not really disappointed. There's just not enough top class players and such with champion experience in this team.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Doesn't matter what players we buy, we will never win the scudetto again, so who cares. Only this team would let Livorno score three goals in one match.

As for next week, Mexes and Taddei are ****ing useless anyway, so they are no loss.

And is Totti ever going to come back? We haven't heard anything about his comeback date, it was supposed to be weeks ago. No doubt they rushed him back and its ****ed him up even more.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As for next week, Mexes and Taddei are ****ing useless anyway, so they are no loss.
Mexes is a waste of space in his current form. His brainless movements are affecting Juan performance as well like we've seen today. So him missing and Burdisso playing is a plus.

But I have to disagree about Taddei.. as awful he might look sometimes he actually can make a difference and his work rate is also high. Who should play instead of him? The depressed boy Menez who proved again today how much he can contibute defensively. Or the next big thing to come out of Calcio, Cerci?

I hope Ranieri has some balls to play with Toni-Vucinic-Baptista up front with three flat midfield behind them.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Well, Menez was far from great, but he was still better than Taddei today. Not that this says much... I didn't even see Taddei in attack in the second half.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts