Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let´s pick our Serie A dream 11 with backup for each player.

To make it fair we´ll use 4 - 4 - 2 ( we have to pay homage to defenders even though I think that 3 is enough if you can mix the best from the different teams ).

Based on how they did this season.

Toldo - ( Peruzzi )

Pancaro - left ( Candela )
Montero - ( Nesta )
Thuram - ( Blanc )
Negro - ( Pessotto )

I feel that Pancaro and Negro have been outstanding the last 3 months and although Nesta is amazing he was outshined this season by Montero who has been so good.

Parma conceeded goals this season but apart from 2 - 3 games Thuram has been convincing and it was a close call between him and Blanc.

Nedved - left ( Jorgensen )
Davids - ( Almeyda )
Veron - ( Zidane )
Zanetti

I know what you are all thinking but the answer is no - I have seen players from other teams then Lazio and Juve but let´s see you guys pick someone from the Inter/Milan/Viola/Parma/Roma starting 11 over these players.

Nedved has simply been .. well maybe even europes best left wing.

If we don´t split up central midfielders into defensiv and offensiv ( which we should ) then Davids would be my nr 1 choice for midfielder of the year - Amazing season from the surinam born dutchmen. Oscar for best defensiv midfielder goes to Davids !! Almeyda was great when he wasn´t injured and in no other Serie A club will you find a better runner up then Almeyda.

Veron was magcial for 25 weeks, the rest of the time he was just good. There is no better modern day midfielder then Veron including the mighty Zizu.

Crespo - ( Sheva )
Batigol - ( Del Piero )

Sheva has been great but Crespo was better and Crespo didn´t score on penalties.

Batigol is amazing and he deserves to be in any starting 11.

Del Piero didn´t score much in open play but he has been a key Juve player and he has really impressed me lately.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Svennis,be real,Almeyda????? he had a really so and so year.Based on performances:

1.Toldo (Frey)

2.Thuram (Pancaro)
4.Blanc (Laursen)
5.Montero (Nesta)
3.Zanetti (Cannavaro)

7.Fuser (Zambrotta)
6.Davids (Gattusso)
10.Veron (Zidane)
8.Fiore (Nedved,very close call)

11.Crespo (Montella)
9.Batistuta (Shevchenko)

Best rookie:Cristiano Lucarelli (Lecce)
Best sub:Mario Stanic (Parma)
Most improved player:Stefano Fiore (Udinese)

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I must be stupid, but I thought that the best 11, no 22-23 players, all wore the same color jersey, BIANCOCELESTE e BASTA!

SS LAZIO
CAMPIONE D'ITALIA

f*** toldo, montero, crespo, iuliano, thuram, zidane, davids, zanetti, and everbody else that was not wearing our jersey!!!

------------------
LAZIO E BASTA

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Amoroso come on Fuser ? :) that´s cute and Montella ?? maybe he´s good at beach volley :)

Zanetti, I like him higher up in the field but I agree with you that Zambrotta is a future star. Nedved is way better then Fiore and Nedved plays on the wing whilst Fiore is more a middle man.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
First of all I have to say this: Cecco you are an idiot.From end to end.You last post proves it brilliantly.Thank you for amking it clear.

Svennis,how many times have you seen Fuser play this season? no more than two or three i'm afraid.The guy is the best right wing in Seria A and has had a brilliant season.Of course Zanetti is fantastic as well and thats why I put him in defence so I wont have to leaver him out (it would be a shame).Montella had a great year.Noone doubts that Nedved is better than Fiore but based on performances you just cant leave Fiore out.

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

S

·
0 Posts
dream 11 in Serie A ?
Lazio team !!!!
mihajlovic mihajlovic mihajlovic
mihajlovic mihajlovic

S

·
0 Posts
dream 11 in Serie A ?
Lazio team !!!!
mihajlovic mihajlovic

M

·
0 Posts
Like Amo, i think that Montella had a great season with roma no matter what people say. Just look how many goals he's scored and look how he's scored them. HOwever i disagree with Amo BIG TIME on Fiore. There is absolutely no left winger in Italy that can compare with Pavel Nedved. He has been a rock. Fiore doesn't even come close to him especially that he plays more in the middle. But anyway, here's my top 11:

Toldo (Buffon)
Montero (strong season/ with less red cards)
Thuram (no surprise)/ (Negro)
Nesta (no surprise)
Pancaro (Georgatos/Zanetti)

Davids (without a doubt, the best defensive-midfielder)
Veron ( where should i start?)(Zizou)
Nedved (simply the best left winger) i don't see anyone who comes close in replacing him.
Rui Costa (though he plays more in the middle)(Zambrotta)

Batigol (the man!)
Sheva (incredible first year) or Crespo (awesome)

And of course Ericsson to coach such a squad

·
Registered
859 Posts
GK Toldo

RD Zanetti
DC Thuram
DC Nesta
DL Maldini
MR Fuser
DMC Davids or Tacchinardi
AMC Veron or Zidane
ML Candela
FC Crespo
FC Shevchenko

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
This seasons serie A dream team can only come i 3-4-1-2 i mean every team in Italy plays this system but the dream team comes in 4-4-2? C'mon guys get serious..... :) :)

Here is me me me!!!!!!!

Toldo/Peruzzi

Buffon was not at his best but still is an honourary mention.

Libero
Blanc/Blanc but Blanc is first by a while tis season.

No. One man marker
Cordoba!!!!!!!!!/ Juarez Brasilian of Lecce kicked butt but Cordoba kicked more plus he had to go from marking in teh Argentine league to marking the likes of Batigol Crespo and Shevchenko.

No. 2 man marker
Montero / Canvarro no explanation needed.

Left wing back
NEDVED!!!!!!!!! without doubt sorry there is just no competition. Jorgenson was good be he is more of a winger but he was very very good. Macellari would get my vote as all star left wing back no. 2 He kicked butt at Cagliary all season long.
Honorary mention goes to teh greek great Geo who would have been probably up there with Nedved had he not been injured twice.

Right wing back....
Anyone who knows me knows who comes here....il grande......JAVIER ZANETTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! farfarfar runner up should probably go to either Gattuso or Zambrotta who has been ripping it up all season.

AMO GET SERIOUS BRO. Fuser?

Central midfield partnership:
Davids and defencively deployed Veron.
Second choice would be
Ambrosini and Brochi di Verona/More popular here though willbe the other option Robby Baronio!!!!!!!!!!!! He has had an outstanding season.

Playmaker as always goes to the every militant
ZINEDINE ZIDANE the erratic.
Runner up goes to Fiore it remains to be seen if he can actually keep this up all season. Also honrary mention must go to my very own Andrea Pirlo who is a kid playing in midfield against the giants of Serie A and has scored 6 goals from midfield without one penalty at the age of 20......cool huh?

In attack its obvious.
Batigol is no. 1 because of 22 goals and not one single penalty.....Viola had about 6 penalties all season....hmmmmm........can anyone say 28 goals? His partner well.....Crespo and SHevchenko can be about equal but i would take Crespo on this season alone over Sheva.
4 Striker goes to your very own Christian Vieri.....had he played ten more games he would have scored 10 more goals i am sure of it.

------------------
[email protected] [email protected]

D

·
0 Posts
Toldo

Thuram - Nesta - Montero - Cannavaro

Zanetti - Davids - Veron - Nedved

Shavchenko - Batistuta

B

·
0 Posts