Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow @ 9.30 PM live on Al Jazeera, we won in the 1st derby 1-0 courtesy of Trez's awesome volley in the dying secs.

So will we win this? it will be a great chance to win because Inter should win in the SS vs Roma ..

Squad named for derby game

After supervising the last pre-match training session, Claudio Ranieri named an 18-man squad for the derby against Torino, valid for Day 25 of Serie A. The game will kick off Tuesday evening at 8.30 pm.

Compared to the squad that travelled to Reggio Calabria, Buffon, Zebina and Iaquinta are all available again. The goalkeeper had simply been given a match off to avoid getting too tired. The French defender and the striker, on the other hand, have almost completely recovered from their knee and back problems: a final decision will be taken only a few hours before the match.

Trezeguet however won't be able to make it. The striker, who decided the away derby months ago, is feeling better and has gotten over the sinusitis attack that impaired him in the last few days. He should be available again against Fiorentina. The other important player missing is Zanetti, who has been suspended for two games. Nocerino is back though, having ended his suspension.

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
5 Zebina
7 Salihamidzic
8 Camoranesi
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Belardi
20 Palladino
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
23 Nocerino
25 Stendardo
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
33 Legrottaglie

Good news that Gigi is back, he makes a different in them tough games.

·
Administrator
52,971 Posts
No more Pasquato on the bench? :pp

Its all up to Iaquinta, good to see one of our box strikers back.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Good Lord, I hope Sissoko and Nocerino don't start together.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
ILA said:
Torino will field the best midfielder.

Trolling is fun. :D
Masashi Oguro, suo desu ne?

Jaa, he will not be effective vs. Juve midfield!

He played for Panasonic team in Osaka :proud: Unfortunately ended up with rival team in Italy! :mad:

·
Registered
42,786 Posts
I had Grella in mind, actually. I'm curious, how is this player regarded in the Serie A? Myself I'm particularly fond of him but that's due to the positive displays he's given for the Australian national team. Eh I should be asking this in the Torino forum, I guess.

I forgot about Oguro's presence in this match.

Oh and Melbourne Victory will meet Gamba Osaka in the Asian Champions League! I can't wait for that, a 'thing' has developed between Australian and Japanese footballing sides, so I was pleased with the draw. I actually find it easier to get behind our clubs when they play beyond these shores, so go Melbourne.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I think its time will be so brilliant . there is only one important game tonight which is the derby of Torino .

I think this game should be so important for both clubs , that`s cuz besides it a derby but also both teams did bad result in last round .
Torino tied difficulty with Parma 4-4 in one of the best calcio games this season , who juve weren`t that convincing side by many chances they missed and to lose against Reggina was pretty poor result , undoubtedly no matter they lost in the last minute or not .

do it Juve ! :star:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
what`s the predicted line-up for this game ?

p.s , what do juve fans avatars refer to ?
Osman , Glen , Amr and numerodix .. I mean the players pics they put as avatars :mute:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Kopite said:
p.s , what do juve fans avatars refer to ?
Osman , Glen , Amr and numerodix .. I mean the players pics they put as avatars :mute:
See Team Avatars thread. Steph's idea of a good luck charm that promptly caused the defeat at Reggina :D

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
numerodix said:
See Team Avatars thread. Steph's idea of a good luck charm that promptly caused the defeat at Reggina :D
I didn't jinx it, that looner Bambino did... :irritate:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
well, I'm sorry it's come to this again but, must win...

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
numerodix said:
yup , i have just seen it .
nice to members of one forum are unite in their avatars ..

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Steph! said:
Actually if you take a closer look, Glen is doing cavalier seul.

yup it`s a bit differs from yours .. but , you know I wish this won`t jinx juve n tonight v Torino as numerodix claimed . :pp

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
I just took a long nap after coming from the office, since the kick off is quite late here 23.30.

Really looking forward to this game (of course...to win). One of the things worrying me is C4's mention that Salihamidzic will play RB, just crap; Molinaro on LB, I think we're really going to be exposed on the wing positions :scared:

Our "probable" lineup isn't the most mouthwatering this year, and I don't expect to see anything spectacular.

This will be the first time I see Sissoko with Juve (I dozed off in the 2nd half of Juve-Roma so I kinda missed that :pp and Jazeera didn't broadcast Reggina-Juve)

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Salihamidzic, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro; Camoranesi, Nocerino, Sissoko, Nedved; Del Piero, Iaquinta

Torino are fielding Roberto Stellone who was a Serie B hero with Napoli many many years ago, he has been on target 3 times this year. Paolo Zanetti is a former Italy U21, but the real ex-U21 to watchout for is of course Rosina.

There are no pure wingers in Torino's lineup except for Diana, which ideally should be "good news" given that the full back will be Juve's weakest link tonight. Unless Paolo Zanetti plays on the wing, to my knowledge he;s more of a central player, I think. Rosina is perhaps going to be in front of the Barone-Grella-Zanetti trio, flanking a bit to the left, but not too deep on the wing.

Torino (probable): Sereni; Comotto, Di Loreto, Natali, Pisano; Diana, Grella, Barone, P Zanetti; Stellone, Rosina

Lastly, I'm concerned about Buffon not being 100% fit, looks like he will be playing tonight?

·
Administrator
52,971 Posts
Good thing Toro dont play with wingers then huh? Its more like a midfield of 3-4 DMs/hard working CMs, and Rosina as a trequartista. Never mind, you mentionned that on your post :pp

1 - 20 of 96 Posts