Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match this sunday, expect anything.

we currently lead by 10 pts, a win or a draw could simply seal numero 29 for good, a loss wont affect us much, 7 pts is a good difference but still we dont want to lose to milan twice this year :)

i'd say go for the kill and win.

1-0.

PS: Zlatan should be rested, he;'s just back from a serious injury (knee) twist) and sucked x Bremen, the bench should suit him fine for 45 minutes and drop him in if we are losing or something, side note, it's great to see Trez breaking the deadlock and scoring x bremen, nice boost.

----------Trez--------------------------DP----------

-----Neddy/Mutu---Emo---PV------------------Camo----------

---Zambro------------Canna--------Thuram-------Balza / Zebina--

-------------------------Gigi-----------------------------------

:star:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Balza:star: really should start

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm afraid Capello is to stubborn to bench Zlatan in favour of Del Piero.

But we can indeed expect anything. But Milan are in fine form, especially Inzaghi. And how we played against Bremen, I can say I'm jealous about how Milan thrashed Bayern. I hope it's not our turn.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I do not expect us to make as many mistakes as Bayern did, and one wonders if Milan can be as clinical with their chances two times in one week.

Either way, it's an open match for sure. They arrive with lots of confidence, and hopefully we have that too with the Damocles Sword of failure having been mercifully removed from over our heads by Timo Wiese.

I cannot add anything to il Capitano's lineup. It's how it will be injury situation permitting, and the questionmarks are those identified. Just a shame that we have noone on the bench to make Vieira's participation a questionmark too, because that man really, really needs a break (or something).

If the result vs. Milan is positive, he should be on the bench in serieA until the next CL matches.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Zambo is injured... :fero: so I guess it's Balza and Zebina...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Juve suffer Zambrotta blow Thursday 9 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluca Zambrotta will miss the big match against Milan on Sunday after the Juventus star was today ruled out of action for 10 days.

The Italian international left back underwent tests on Thursday which highlighted a slight thigh muscle strain in his right leg.

Zambrotta picked up the blow during Wednesday’s Champions League win over Werder Bremen – in only his second game back following a similar muscle problem.

Federico Balzaretti, a summer signing from city rivals Torino, will deputise in the left-back role against the Rossoneri.

It’s hoped that the former Bari player, a key figure for club and country, could be back in action in around two weeks time.

channel4

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
whats going on with him and these injuries. anyway, if we play as we did midweek im expecting to get pounded by milan.

a win or draw would suit us fine..i just hope that capello starts changing some things around to make us more dangerous gong forward.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Game will be officiated by none other that good old De Sanctis.

P.S. Sheva has a slight injury :doh:

·
1st Tier Poster
48,801 Posts
Unfortunately the result of this game means very little in the terms of Scudetto race. You guys already have it wrapped up. But it still would be nice to beat you on your home turf to prove again who is the better team in direct encounters. :devil:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
if milan win, its 7 points, juve could very well slip up in two games, it has happened in the past. i think if milan were to approach this game with the mentality of juve winning the scudetto already, it would be sad.

on current form, milan should really beat juve.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
I think it will end 1-1

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Reducing the gap shouldn't be your biggest concern. Avoiding humiliation should be Capello's top priority. If you get hammered by us it will affect your squad psychologically in other games. In Manchester - Neddy wasn't there. In Milan this year - Gigi wasn't there. This year no Zamby ( Zamby? - that's his nickname right? ) - excuse is ready. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Papoose said:
Reducing the gap shouldn't be your biggest concern. Avoiding humiliation should be Capello's top priority. If you get hammered by us it will affect your squad psychologically in other games. In Manchester - Neddy wasn't there. In Milan this year - Gigi wasn't there. This year no Zamby ( Zamby? - that's his nickname right? ) - excuse is ready. :rolleyes:
excuse to whom and for what?

if it's to you - we hardly need to excuse ourselves to you.
if it's to us - an excuse would soften the "psychological effect" on our squad.

in principle - nothing bad in what you say, just be more precise, cuz I got problems following your flying thought.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Should be a good game, Juve has home field advantage and Milan is in top form :)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
looking for a Milan win to evaporate your confidence, hopefully you will have a really bad spell this month. :thumbsup:
I guess you will be trolling our forum untill the Cl quarters are over, right? :tongue:

1 - 20 of 177 Posts