·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impressed with the second half
of the tables representatives.
I know of you made a list
of the 2006 World Cup it'd be
more impressive but that's not the point.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Vidal almost played 90 minutes vs Brazil before being taken off. He did well and had a good duel with Daivd Luiz throughout the game.

Pinella came on for Vidal and hit the crossbar in stoppage time. Ultimately though he missed the first pk in the shootout for Chile and they lost 3-2.

Chile held on at the end vs Brazil but overall were one of the best teams in the tournament.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Serie A player usually does
barring 2010s Spain.

Back in the 3 player era
maybe not so much.
78?74?70?66?62?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
8 columbians playing in serie a and they are in the quarters.

thanks Fiorentina, Napoli, Inter, Catania,Roma.... for startting all those italians this season.

this shit is getting more and more pathetic.

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
8 columbians playing in serie a and they are in the quarters.

thanks Fiorentina, Napoli, Inter, Catania,Roma.... for startting all those italians this season.

this shit is getting more and more pathetic.
If Italy didn't get screwed by the ref, and didn't implode, I think they could have given Colombia a run for their money.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Are you kidding me?! Colombia would've destroyed Italy! Funny that even after all this humiliation the italians are still arrogant.

Someone said Italy is the new England and I can see lots of similarities. The deluded fans complaining about foreigners yet claiming their natives are better is a glaring resemblance.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
The difference between Italy and England is 3 world cups, the most recent of which was 8 years ago.

Let's not get carried away.

Italy need a good coach, and they need to give the team over to the younger players.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Italian soccer fans are completely
negative about their team even
in golden periods. The opposite of England.
Nothing arrogant about
Italian soccer fans, the opposite is true.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
What is so bad at making the observation? You'll have loads of people claim that the Americas are the best soccer nations now (I've seen it many time online) based on this World Cup...however look a little closer and they play in Italy...or better yet...Europe. So why are they so good...because they play against the best athletes in some of the best leagues...or because they play for Machu pichu f.c?

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
The difference between Italy and England is 3 world cups, the most recent of which was 8 years ago.

Let's not get carried away.

Italy need a good coach, and they need to give the team over to the younger players.
"new" is the keyword in my post. History has no effect on future unless you learn from it. Two group stage exists on the row and a miserable league that can't compete in Europe should at least make some accept reality and be humble instead of complaining about foreigners ruining their precious NT.

At least England has their clubs in Europe and the best league in the world to be proud about, what does Italy have?

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Italy has done a very good job of being competitive for decades, both internationally and at club level.

So if you want to be a hater now, go ahead but it's silly to sweep their achievements under the carpet and proclaim them to be the new England.

2006 wasn't long ago, 2012 wasn't long ago, and they will rebound sooner or later.

The biggest problem Italy has right now is a lack of good coaches, not a lack of good players.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I would say we definitely lack players too. It is depressing seeing the attacking options of some of these teams left in the competition where we had Balotelli, the current Cassano, Insigne...

We don't have a World class CF
We don't have a World Class wing forward
We don't have a world class number 10

You definitely need at least 1 of these. Maybe Toni was right when he said Rossi is our only one (well he is capable, but given his injuries int he past 3 to 4 years he can not be called one)

I will be interested in Immobile at Dortmund now, and if Destro can step up again at Roma. Where Balotelli goes. What Insigne offers this year. Luckily we have a lot of players 23 or under and hopefully a couple springboard this season.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts