Roma: Mourinho (confirmed)
Salernitana: Nicola (confirmed)
Sampdoria: Giampaolo (confirmed)
Sassuolo: Dionisi (confirmed)
Spezia: ? (new)
Torino: Juric (confirmed)
Udinese: Sottil (new)
Verona: Cioffi (new)

Among the confirmed coaches a few might ask for the rescission of the contract nevertheless and leave for a different club. Instead, it is confirmed that Empoli have fired Andreazzoli and might replace him with Paolo Zanetti, former coach of Venezia. Thiago Motta is going to ask for the rescission of his contract with Spezia. Farioli, Gotti or Bjelica might replace him. Pecchia left Cremonese for Parma and the new coach of Cremonese might be Perugia's Alvini but Alvini has to rescind his contract with Perugia before. It is not clear whether Nicola will remain now that Sabatini has parted ways with Salernitana.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get why Andreazzoli would have gotten fired. Weren't they newly promoted and survived the season?
It is not always easy to find an explanation to the behavior of serie A's chairmen. Corsi, the chairman of Empoli, is not Cellino or Zamparini but some decisions he took in the past were similarly extreme.
TBH I was sure that Andreazzoli would be sacked before the end of the season, when Empoli all of a sudden stopped winning games and didn't win one game for 16 games in a row. Corsi has talked about a team which "had lost self-confidence". And not even the wins on Napoli and Atalanta near the end of the season have changed his idea.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I would be suprised if Serie A improved to any great extent because money for transfer fees and contracts will be tight considering the poor cost-to-revenue ratios of most clubs.

I read today that Nicola renewed his contract with Salernitana for a further 2 years.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm doing something similar to what I did in the past season. I'm going to choose a few foreign players, who could leave their club during the summer, and according to the destination, in serie A or not, we will know the degree to which serie A is weakening.
TBH the first had to be Perisic but he is already gone. I know that the replacement, Gosens, had already joined Inter in January, but my feeling is that Gosens is not going to be what Perisic was and the fact that Gosens is 28 while Perisic 33 years old doesn't change my opinion.
Here is the list:
Bremer (Torino)
Leao (Milan)
Osimhen (Napoli)
S. Milinkovic Savic (Lazio)
Deulofeu (Udinese)
Koulibaly (Napoli)
Barak (Verona)
Dybala (Juventus)
N.Gonzalez (Fiorentina)
L.Martinez (Inter)
Dumfries (Inter)
Skriniar (Inter)
F.Ruiz (Napoli)
Abraham (Roma)
Lozano (Napoli)
Molina (Udinese)
Pasalic (Atalanta)
Luis Alberto (Lazio)
Damsgaard (Sampdoria)

·
Registered
Engerland
28,389 Posts
No Insigne will improve Napoli. (Elmas can replace him)

Now if only Zielinski will grow a pair and not play like a little brat they might improve.

Will they sign Anguissa permanently?

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
No Insigne will improve Napoli. (Elmas can replace him)

Now if only Zielinski will grow a pair and not play like a little brat they might improve.

Will they sign Anguissa permanently?
Elmas hasn't looked ready to be a regular starter.

I'm quite concerned about Napoli tbh. They are losing-one-Koulibaly away from being a Lazio trainwreck.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Napoli is going to change most of the players if the rumors are confirmed but they could have more than 100 million euros they can spend.
Kvaratskhelia looks like a very skilled player.

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
50 (!!!) days pause from November 13 to January 4 because of the world cup and the Christmas holidays (yeah, the Italian players in particular need some rest after the world cup lol), but also all the other international pauses for Nations League and other NT games. Serie A (and club football in general) has become a sort of filler for international football. There is something very wrong with it.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
50 (!!!) days pause from November 13 to January 4 because of the world cup and the Christmas holidays (yeah, the Italian players in particular need some rest after the world cup lol), but also all the other international pauses for Nations League and other NT games. Serie A (and club football in general) has become a sort of filler for international football. There is something very wrong with it.
Serie a still planning their November/December US tour?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts